Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

DO NOT buy anything from JIC USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 12:27 PM
Topics II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey JIC-USA... what about this

Originally posted by Topics II
Well what happens when someone buys the coilover system from a authorized dealer... the dealer then closes the account soon after because of all the problems JIC has been having... and all 4 shocks start leaking from this persons suspension?
Old 01-16-2004, 03:10 PM
DC5Denver

I just read over JIC's response again and found the problem. This paragraph sums it up.

"The fact that this was the only time we’ve heard of a locking nut loosening repeatedly only points to the fact that this was NOT in fact a manufacturer’s defect. By this we find that we have gone far and beyond normal customer service."

They assumed that because the problem I am having was not the norm, It could not possibly have been a manufacturer’s defect. He actually called it a FACT... twice, that is a huge assumption and they obviously had their minds made up. I was doomed from the start for having a problem they do not see every day. If what I received was "far and beyond normal customer service" All the rest of you guys are really in for it.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well what happens when someone buys the coilover system from a authorized dealer... the dealer then closes the account soon after because of all the problems JIC has been having... and all 4 shocks start leaking from this persons suspension
I honestly still think its up to your original vendor to handle for you......even if they clsoed the account, if it was done on favorable terms between the parties, no reason they could not get it taken care of for you, or at least provide you some options.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:56 PM
DC5Denver

Originally posted by Topics II

Well what happens when someone buys the coilover system from a authorized dealer... the dealer then closes the account soon after because of all the problems JIC has been having... and all 4 shocks start leaking from this persons suspension?
JIC USA should, at the very least, rebuild your dampers. It should not make a bit of difference if the dealer is out of business.

JIC, Please respond to his question. If you are trying to redeem yourselves this is the time and place.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:19 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheeee!!! The plot thickens...

To be honest, I take my experience with JIC USA and Gruppe-S as a lesson learned. So now I stick with dealers with a better reputation, and places that I know can stand behind their product. I almost exclusively deal with BJ at 350Evo for this exact reason now.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Nothing

1. Gather up all the complaints and start a file with the Better Business Bureau... have the company and its customer service activities investigated

2. Keep posting the crap they pulled on every car website you can find

...and to the owners of JIC - there is a reason that stores like Nordstroms are the top of the line and have the most faithful customers in history - they have a no questions asked return policy. From the sounds of this board alone, it's obvious you have some people that will never buy from you again... you lost business because of your unfriendly and unhelpful staff and because of your asinine return policy. The market will dicate your fate soon enough... when your competitor beats the crap out of you with customer service.

N.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Nothing

Oh... and to John who ordered the coilcovers w/ linear setup and got the progressive set up... just an FYI, that's fraud. You should sue the f*ck out of JIC. It is illegal to sell someone a product under a false assumption and to send that person the wrong product and then not correct the situation. I would have JIC in a sling.

N.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:00 PM
bforesman

Default I just love the Internet

I just wanted to add that it's forums like this that level the playing field between vendors, including Nissan, and their customers.

I've read all these forums and if I were JIC I would take care of this ASAP because I can promise you that if I were interested in something JIC was offering I would NOT buy it.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:31 PM
ElvishasaZ

Originally posted by Nothing
Oh... and to John who ordered the coilcovers w/ linear setup and got the progressive set up... just an FYI, that's fraud. You should sue the f*ck out of JIC. It is illegal to sell someone a product under a false assumption and to send that person the wrong product and then not correct the situation. I would have JIC in a sling.

N.
Do you even read? he bought his coilovers from gruppe-s not JIC...

JIC makes very good coilovers and trust me there can be problems with any vendor that sells literally anything. In my case I can comment on a couple vendors here that people "highly endorse" that in actualityy if someone would of gone through what I did I would flatly say they SUCK along with your recommendations!

So the point is " Look Unless you know the complete story why bother giving bad press about anyone unless they are known for being fraudulent or doing something illegal. In those cases you guys are totally barking up the wrong tree and I could name some vendors that DO fall under that category. I personally have no problems with either JIC or JIC usa. One mans problems are not necessarily mine perhaps it reflects on what kind of a customer are you to deal with in the first place? Are you someone that like to defraud other vendors? If so then i would say you have what you deserve "nothing."
Old 01-18-2004, 07:13 AM
DC5Denver

ElvishasaZ
You personally had a good experience with JIC, that great. It does not change my experience or make me feel any better about it. I am sure all the others that had or are having problems feel do not feel any better about it either. When I came forward with this and if everyone responded "what are you talking about" then I would think it was a fluke or a small laps in customer service, but that has not been the case. BTW did you ever need any warrantee work done?

If you needed to have some warrantee work done on you car, do you think Nissan cares where you bought it, or which dealer you bring it to for service? It should not matter. If you stand behind you product, you stand behind your product.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:15 AM
John

I'm not sueing anybody since I don't believe in frivilous lawsuits. All I ask is that I get the problem rectified. Accidents happen, but when I am blatantly screwed, as I was in this case, I do get pissed off.

Do you even read? he bought his coilovers from gruppe-s not JIC...

JIC makes very good coilovers and trust me there can be problems with any vendor that sells literally anything. In my case I can comment on a couple vendors here that people "highly endorse" that in actualityy if someone would of gone through what I did I would flatly say they SUCK along with your recommendations!
The problem was that the progressive coilovers didn't even exist at the time I received them. There was absolutely NO indictation anywhere that I received them. The part number and everything was the same! JIC USA didn't even know what the differences were, but blamed Gruppe-S for not asking. I don't like finger-pointing. I am the end-customer, and I just wanted the problem fixed, which turned out to be a big fiasco. Do I blame Gruppe-S, partially, yes. Do I blame JIC USA? I do blame them more since they didn't know their product and decided it would be easier to blow me off by playing the finger pointing game.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:22 PM
G35Spot

Thumbs down JIC will never get better

That dishonorable ***** John (from JIC) should fall on the knife already

I posted this last March 2003, on the g35driver board:

JIC is full of [censored]!!

I was there first with my G35 last May, they said i would be given the exhaust and coilovers for allowing them to do the R&D on my car.

I was given a call two months ago stating the now they were ready, I could come down and they would give me a great deal for the parts. I said, I was told that the parts would be given in exchange for the consideration and useage of my car. They said, they would not be able to do that.

These people are the dregs of the industry. If you loan you vehicle for this type of useage, you are given the developed parts.

Much thanks to Tein (http://www.tein.com) for coming through and knowing that honor (in your word)is the most important thing when it comes to consideration.....

My car happily ride on Tein Flex coilovers, Greddy full exhaust system.....

Frank
CM Motorsports
949 453 1199

Last edited by G35Spot; 01-18-2004 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:54 PM
John

Default Re: JIC will never get better

n/m

Last edited by John; 01-19-2004 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:04 PM
ElvishasaZ

Default Re: Re: JIC will never get better

Originally posted by John
Why?What have I done to you jerk-off. This kinda **** pisses me off... arg!
John I think he is kidding...from the looks of it he had a bad expereince with it seems... All im saying is I did not therefore it sucks if anyone has a bad experience with any vendor or dealer but without knowing completely what transpired it doesnt make sense for people to start piling on when their circumstances might of differed I personally feel JIC does stand behind their product when you support their approved distributer network if anything maybe thats what the fuss should be all about is since it seems that the complaints have come through when people but from either non approved JIC dealers or fly by night shops.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:08 PM
John

I fail to see the humor.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:14 PM
DC5Denver

I think the negative remarks are for John the owner of JIC USA. The rest of what he wrote was about being screwed over by them.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:53 PM
G35Spot

Originally posted by DC5Denver
I think the negative remarks are for John the owner of JIC USA. The rest of what he wrote was about being screwed over by them.

lol, to think there is only one John in this world is rather shallow....

John from JIC is Japanese, thus the hari-kari reference.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: JIC will never get better

Originally posted by G35Spot
That dishonorable ***** John (from JIC) should fall on the knife already

I posted this last March 2003, on the g35driver board:

JIC is full of [censored]!!

I was there first with my G35 last May, they said i would be given the exhaust and coilovers for allowing them to do the R&D on my car.

I was given a call two months ago stating the now they were ready, I could come down and they would give me a great deal for the parts. I said, I was told that the parts would be given in exchange for the consideration and useage of my car. They said, they would not be able to do that.

These people are the dregs of the industry. If you loan you vehicle for this type of useage, you are given the developed parts.

Much thanks to Tein (http://www.tein.com) for coming through and knowing that honor (in your word)is the most important thing when it comes to consideration.....

My car happily ride on Tein Flex coilovers, Greddy full exhaust system.....

Frank
CM Motorsports
949 453 1199
It was your car they drove around and did the R&D on to create the joke setup(spring rates) for the sedan, frankly the Tein setup is much closer to reality. Curious, did they allow you to drive the prototype setup?
Old 01-19-2004, 10:11 AM
G35Spot

Default Re: Re: JIC will never get better

They didn't do anything for me but waste my time.

They are completely worthless.

Do yourself a favor, call the good people at http://www.tein.com . They not only know how to treat a retailer, but YOU the end user...

Originally posted by Gsedan35
It was your car they drove around and did the R&D on to create the joke setup(spring rates) for the sedan, frankly the Tein setup is much closer to reality. Curious, did they allow you
to drive the prototype setup?
Old 01-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Topics II

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
I honestly still think its up to your original vendor to handle for you......even if they clsoed the account, if it was done on favorable terms between the parties, no reason they could not get it taken care of for you, or at least provide you some options.
It definately was not done on favorable terms... they closed the account because of the lack of customer support and it was a big mess aparently. I guess i could call the vendor but i do not think they will be able to do anything for me.

Quick Reply: DO NOT buy anything from JIC USA