Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

DO NOT buy anything from JIC USA

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 04:27 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickDogg
I am a stand up guy and will tell it like it is.
Then tell us what the size of those 5Zigens are. I don't see why you are keeping it a secret. Do you not want someone else to have your exact wheel or something?

Victor
Old 08-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Wazowski
Then tell us what the size of those 5Zigens are. I don't see why you are keeping it a secret. Do you not want someone else to have your exact wheel or something?

Victor
If someone wanted to figure it out it isn't that hard. I went through a lot of trouble getting my whole setup to work and a few of my sponsors helped me out by pulling some strings to get it all worked out for me. After all of this, I personally don't blame them for wanting me to keep my offsets and what not a "secret" to have a vehicle with something that is somewhat exclusive on our vehicles for uniqueness to showoff their products even better. Also, I am not going to BS and say that I don't like being one of the few that did this.

I've explained this to Enthuz before, but .......
Old 08-31-2005, 04:41 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rickdogg

When my car attended the Fast and the Furious 3 audition representing JP aero, John from JIC told JP to tell me to bring my shocks in anytime to get them revalved with their new setup since I guess mine had a different setup and he would do it free of charge. Although, I haven't had the time to do so, I found that gesture to be very nice and it gave me a bit more confidence in representing them throughout the sponsorship year.

This has been my experience so far with JIC and as I hope you all know on this forum and all others that I am a stand up guy and will tell it like it is.
Well, let me tell you about my experience with Jon. I was in need of a CS bumper cover, and he approached me online and offered his - found out it was the one off their JIC drift car - advertised as nearly new with only a few hundred miles on it. He seemed like a stand-up guy, and I decided to give JIC another chance (this was only a few months after my suspension fiasco). I received the bumper, and it was only wrapped in bubble wrap (I was shocked UPS even sent it), and all the paint was cracked off from a cheap respray. So much for being "almost new" bumper cover. I eventually got reimbursed, but it was a three week process to wait for UPS to pay JIC, and JIC to pay me.

JIC continues to lie and conive, and after all the people I know who ordered custom-valved JICs and got burned with units that leaked almost immediately, it blows my mind how this company can stay in business. I learned my lesson, unfortunately it cost me a $1900 paper-weight, 20+ hours of wasted time dealing with customer service and reinstallation, and much mental anguish.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by John
Well, let me tell you about my experience with Jon. I was in need of a CS bumper cover, and he approached me online and offered his - found out it was the one off their JIC drift car - advertised as nearly new with only a few hundred miles on it. He seemed like a stand-up guy, and I decided to give JIC another chance (this was only a few months after my suspension fiasco). I received the bumper, and it was only wrapped in bubble wrap (I was shocked UPS even sent it), and all the paint was cracked off from a cheap respray. So much for being "almost new" bumper cover. I eventually got reimbursed, but it was a three week process to wait for UPS to pay JIC, and JIC to pay me.

JIC continues to lie and conive, and after all the people I know who ordered custom-valved JICs and got burned with units that leaked almost immediately, it blows my mind how this company can stay in business. I learned my lesson, unfortunately it cost me a $1900 paper-weight, 20+ hours of wasted time dealing with customer service and reinstallation, and much mental anguish.
Sorry to hear that about your experience. I can definitely relate in that aspect when a company leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I am glad you got your money back
Old 09-01-2005, 09:14 AM
anotheraznguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch,.. i was reading this.. it sucks... jic i never liked. also just for future reference.. i wanted to let you know something that i found very interesting..
on mcphereson style suspension... the driver side front strut... the collar always loosens up there is nothing you can do about that.. BUT endless/zeal coilovers.. found something different and unique.. they make the drivers side front reverse thread and there have been no problems like you speak of with your jics... just giving you a heads up

Originally Posted by DC5Denver
Their customer service is unimaginably bad. If you get a bad part from them you are S.O.L. their policy is no return no mater what. You can send it back for repair or replacement and if they can't easily fix it, you are out of luck.

I want everyone to know so you won't get burned like I did. I am going to join every car forum that JIC sells products for and let the world know.

If you are interested, here it what happened:

I bought a JIC-Magic FLTA2 coilover suspension kit for my 2002 Acura RSX last June. The front left strut would not stay tight and back out every couple days. After several phone calls, e-mails, and digital photo's to Ben at JIC USA he finally agreed to send me a USED replacement locknut. Getting the replacement locknut was like pulling teeth. I had to pull the entire strut off, disassemble it and have the car re-aligned in order to replace the lock nut.

The strut would still not stay tight so I tried using Lock-Tite Blue. After that failed, Ben asked that I pull the strut off again and send it to them after the Sema trade show. I waited and called right before shipping it FedEx to expedite the process and make sure they could get right on it. Along with the parts I included a letter suggesting the problem appeared to be too much free play between the strut and the lower bracket and that thin locknut could not hold it tight.

After JIC USA received the parts and sat on it for two weeks Ben told me they had fixed it by surfacing the top of the lower bracket so the locknut would seat better. I told him that I was concerned that, that alone would not fix it and if he sent it back to me and it was still loosening up I would be furious and was going to expect a full refund and reimbursement for the three alignments, the shipping, and all the labor. He said we would talk about that later. Three weeks after shipping it to them, I got the parts back.

While installing the “repaired” left strut, I checked the right side. The locknut seemed tight by hand, but when I rocked the wheel I felt it move. I could see the strut rocking in the lower bracket. I used the spanner wrench to tighten it and the nut turned, so I kept tightening it, expecting it to stop turning. It did not stop turning, the nut stripped. Inspection of the stripped locknut revealed that only the tips of the threads were sheared off. This could only happen if either the nut was too big or the strut/damper body was too small. I called Ben with this information and he told me it is impossible to strip the locknut and refused to replace it. He did offer to sell me a replacement, however.

After driving it for a couple days I rechecked the left side, the side they fixed. Sure enough it was loose, I tightened it again, drove the car and it was loose by the next day.

After this much trouble you would think they would be willing to replace them or take them back and refund my money. Well, you would be wrong like I was. They are willing to SELL you replacement parts, but no replacements, no refunds, no returns, no reimbursement for shipping parts back to them, no help, no exceptions...NOTHING.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:24 AM
silver j

Originally Posted by Brian GT PRO
Well guys we're new here, but came across this thread and could not stay quiet. There are some valid points being made by the authorized dealers, and with us also being one of the very first US dealers I would like to share our experience with JIC, and their antics. by the way, we dropped JIC, as we were tired of getting jerked around, and lied to.

GT PRO is BOYCOTTING JIC and all JIC Products. Why? well, due to their lack of business skills, they have hurt GT PRO's business forever. They were completely unreasonable, and the owner Jon Kaneda (actual real name Jong-he Kim) would not even take my phone calls, when I had some issues with his salesman, Ben Chen (Bintoro Tonto) I don't know why he was to afraid to speak to me direct! Something else to note, GT PRO was one of the very first dealers to start marketing/carrying JIC products many years ago, infact we also rented them our truck and trailer for last years SEMA show, which they damaged our trailer and killed the brakes on our truck, to this date, they have refused to pay their rental bill and the repair bill to have the truck/trailer repaired, what kind of B.S. is that??? Jong had stated that he was going to give me FLT A2' VIP's along with a VIP exhaust for my LS430 to repay me in a sense for this, but month after month, lie after lie, never happened, I missed commitment after commitment, and looked real bad to my other sponsors for not getting the car together. I finally got a call to come for the exhaust, Jong put it on and it fit like crap, looked like crap, mufflers crooked, tips misaliged, hitting under the car, etc., but nothing got done to fix it, but the fact still remianed I did not have suspension, so another few months go by, and I finally get fed up, I accept an offer from Air Runner Japan for a suspension sponsorship. Shortly after Jong calls me and says the suspension is in, now 6 months late, I tell him I accepted the Air Runner sponsorship, as I kept getting lied to, he then asks me to take the suspension off, I said no way, I am commited to my sponsor, I do not back stab any of them no matter what. So I ask him if he can either 1. keep the suspension and sell it to a customer of his, and pay me for the rental of the trailer and the repairs needed minus the exhaust, or 2. give me the suspension, let me sell it and we'll call it even, well needless to say, neither one happened..Something else that might strike you guys strange as it did me.. JIC is not made in Japan as advertised, it is made by KIC (Korea Inter Cross Ltd) in Korea, it is then reboxed to say JIC made in Japan, I have also seen with my own eyes the KIC boxes in their warehouse hidden in the back corner..and one of our techs is an ex JIC employee who can confim this as well.. Also why are these two hiding behind false names?? what do they have to hide?? Obviously something fishy going on here...
what is your point behind all of this? i'm in the industry and i know all about you along with jic as well as the dirt on every other company out there pretty much. allow this anonymous person to fill you in on something.

#1 you know crap about how to be a professional. you see an opportunity to zing someone you've had a bad business relationship with and you take advantage of it. besides the fact that you had to dig up this thread that was started over a year and a half ago. plus i've seen you on other sites trying the exact same thing. grow up and spend your time doing more important things like helping your customers instead of wasting time giving us the full names of two people who work at jic. if you have a problem with them, handle it legally in court, that is what it is for. you say you've dropped jic, great...one less thing for you to worry about and you won't feel obligated to sell their product. end of story...

#2 there are jic products made in korea, that is their cross line, it is for european vehicles and is not stated to be made in japan. maybe if you would have taken a moment to look that up you would know. all the bullet and jic parts are made in japan and imported here and sold under the moniker jic usa.

#3 jic has hurt your business forever? you are so lame....as if that is the only product you carry and your personal experiences with them hurt you in the long run. and also you got the parts that he promised you, yeah it took some time but anyone who has ever ordered parts from japan know it can take months. try and order a powerhouse amuse product or something along those lines and see when you get it.

#4 I'm not here to say jic is perfect, no way. they make mistakes just as everyone does and when it comes to mass manufacturing, there is always a chance for mistakes. in industries that rely on customer service, your negative experiences typically amount to 2%. with the internet today those 2% can look like 30%, but it ends up being the same people posting it everywhere, which then becomes an issue of "i heard bad things about those, i'd never get them." but listening to morons like brian lafuente and taking their word as an industry professional as well as focusing on only a few bad instances just isn't logical. tein has defects, apexi has defects...more so now than ever actually, hks does, greddy...but they have a huge dealer support base and as mentioned, that is who you want to start with first. business is business in the end.

and the posting up of the pm from jic was childish, congrats on that...feels like i'm on clubsi or some other honda board
Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 AM
MY350Z.COM

Nice first post for someone who registered today. So who do you really work for? What username are you usually under?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Nice first post for someone who registered today. So who do you really work for? What username are you usually under?
Uh oh, here we go
Old 09-01-2005, 09:58 AM
silver j

and this will be my last one on here since first remark about my post is from an admin totally ignoring the point of the post and instead focuses on a trivial matter as to who i am. who i work for is irrelevant and this is the first time i've ever posted on here because yes i did just sign up today. besides if i pm'd you with it confidentially you'd post it anyways. i read the forums to see whats going on with the different vehicles, i don't drive a z and don't plan on anytime soon(not meant in a disrepectful way). i just popped on here to present some objective criticism. have fun with your bantering about this and my remarks, figured i'd bring some amusement to this thread as well.

and regarding the comment about the zeals....those are also at least $600 more and if i remember correctly they are a monotube design. if i am incorrect please correct me though.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:41 AM
anotheraznguy

they may be 600 dollars more.. but customer service from endless usa is great.. and a monotube design so yes sir you are correct. I personally have had jic myself.. and it was a HUGE Cluster *uck.. but i digress. i must say this.. jic strut bars are decent.. but i have seen 2 fd jic spec 90's blow the cannister right off the piping.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:49 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by silver j
and this will be my last one on here since first remark about my post is from an admin totally ignoring the point of the post and instead focuses on a trivial matter as to who i am. who i work for is irrelevant and this is the first time i've ever posted on here because yes i did just sign up today. besides if i pm'd you with it confidentially you'd post it anyways. i read the forums to see whats going on with the different vehicles, i don't drive a z and don't plan on anytime soon(not meant in a disrepectful way). i just popped on here to present some objective criticism. have fun with your bantering about this and my remarks, figured i'd bring some amusement to this thread as well.

and regarding the comment about the zeals....those are also at least $600 more and if i remember correctly they are a monotube design. if i am incorrect please correct me though.
What does it matter if I am an admin or not. I'm just pointing out something suspicious. And the point of GT PRO's post was to show his bad experience with JIC to go along with all the other bad experiences people have posted in this thread. He is using the forum is the correct manner explaining his issues with the same company in discussion. And talking to me about childish? Asking someone to remove a thread is childish in itself just cause someone can't take care of their own previous actions.

So am I suddenly supposed to take the heat from all the members who would have complained if I had deleted the thread?

Victor
Old 09-01-2005, 11:27 AM
silver j

i never said it would have been appropriate to remove the thread and actually never commented about it;in fact i don't know where you read that would even have come close to saying that. i was pointing to the fact that you posted a private message....a "private" message. i could care less what jic asked you to do, that is between the two of you to resolve that. private, private, private.

and the gt pro response would have been professional if it were stated to the point. "we are not conducting business with jic due to customer and personal experiences and we are no longer supporting their products for use." plain and simple to the point minus all the drama.

and no i would not have deleted the thread either if i were in your position.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:42 AM
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by silver j
and the gt pro response would have been professional if it were stated to the point. "we are not conducting business with jic due to customer and personal experiences and we are no longer supporting their products for use." plain and simple to the point minus all the drama.
I believe he replied in a thorough manner. Doing it as you would above would not explain anything. Explaining it your way would not have given reason and would have left people asking "Why? What happened?"
Old 09-01-2005, 01:58 PM
yukio@jic-magic

For the record, that is NOT a JIC employee. We have strict rules on how to act with the public and YOU, victor, know that I have been contacting you through Personal messages. You may check my IP address to verify it. That person who is responding is, again, NOT a JIC Employee.

Also, Victor, I would appriciate if you would reply back to my PM's. Thank you.

Last edited by yukio@jic-magic; 09-01-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Nano

If someone wanted to figure it out it isn't that hard. I went through a lot of trouble getting my whole setup to work and a few of my sponsors helped me out by pulling some strings to get it all worked out for me. After all of this, I personally don't blame them for wanting me to keep my offsets and what not a "secret" to have a vehicle with something that is somewhat exclusive on our vehicles for uniqueness to showoff their products even better. Also, I am not going to BS and say that I don't like being one of the few that did this.

I've explained this to Enthuz before, but .......
first time I hear a sponsor whants to show off his products by keeping them a secret.

"we have these awesome products, but they only work on THIS car..." LOL

who are the sponsors?

Last edited by Nano; 09-01-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:39 PM
yukio@jic-magic

Rectracted. Thank you, Victor.

Last edited by yukio@jic-magic; 09-01-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Nano
first time I hear a sponsor whants to show off his products by keeping them a secret.

"we have these awesome products, but they only work on THIS car..." LOL

who are the sponsors?
Nano,

with all due respect, I do not need to explain the full story to you. I have explained my position on why I could not publicly release this information via AIM to "Mike Wazowski" and he can vouch for me that I have a VALID reason. I do not need to explain to you or anyone else for that matter, but chose to do so to Victor since he was forthcoming and asked me politely. Maybe you should give it a try next time as it will more than likely be much more successful
Old 09-01-2005, 03:09 PM
MY350Z.COM

I understand your position now RickDogg. Secret is safe.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:58 PM
anotheraznguy

Ok what in the world just happened here..
Old 09-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Nano

Nano,

with all due respect, I do not need to explain the full story to you. I have explained my position on why I could not publicly release this information via AIM to "Mike Wazowski" and he can vouch for me that I have a VALID reason. I do not need to explain to you or anyone else for that matter, but chose to do so to Victor since he was forthcoming and asked me politely. Maybe you should give it a try next time as it will more than likely be much more successful
Honestly, I found this whole issue very childish. I've been following the threads for some time and in most of them you only brag(spam) about your setup in this absurd abscure way no one can figure out. I don't know the reasons why you want to keep it a secret, and I don't recall you ever making any effort to explain anything(and I honestly can't care less at this point). You don't want to reveal your setup for whatever reason... Fine... but don't bust a vein if I make fun of you for posts like these. LOL

Last edited by Nano; 09-01-2005 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply: DO NOT buy anything from JIC USA