Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

AMS Front UCA and Rear Camber Arm *REVIEW*

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:53 PM
350ZZJoe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMS Front UCA and Rear Camber Arm *REVIEW*

This is my review, starting with initial impression, of the AMS Motorsports adjustable front upper control arms and adjustable rear camber arms. I picked these up when they were on sale, the rear camber arms cost me $70 (reg price $150) and $150 for the front UCAs (reg price $270)

I didn't take many pictures of the install because there is already a few DYI guides floating around. Here is a quick side by side of the AMS vs OEM arms.

Name:  IMG_20140421_161617.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  150.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20140421_130535.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  294.3 KB

As you can see, they are pretty much identical to the Kinetex brand arms. Using the same method of adjustment and replaceable front ball joints. As discovered with the Kinetex arms, lubing of the front dust cover on the ball joint is needed to eliminate squeaking. These AMS arms have some squeaky rubber but a shot of silicone based lubricant silenced it completely.

You can't see it in the pics but the fronts do have the grease fittings on the bushings. All bushings did come lubed from the factory.

I was able to get my front camber out to about -1 to -1.5 whereas it was previously about 0 after replacing the compression rod arm bushing.

The rear I dialed in to about -2.5 camber which is what I had already with the OEM arms. I will be getting a proper alignment after I install some AMS coilovers in the next week or two.

After installing, I drove the car around for a bit and did not hear weird noises or squeaking. Car feels much better with the added camber in the front.

I will update this thread after installing the AMS coilovers, which I will also review. Additionally, I will update over time to assess longevity. My car has 108,000miles on it so all these new suspension components (have added Whiteline bushings to a few areas) are really bringing it back to life.

Last edited by 350ZZJoe; 04-21-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:47 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

I wonder if they are kinetix and rebranded
Old 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM
350ZZJoe

Originally Posted by terrasmak
I wonder if they are kinetix and rebranded
I guess it's possible. The only difference I can see is the colours and the dust boot on the ball joint/rod end.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:47 AM
350ZZJoe

Just thought I'd throw a quick update here.

First, I do believe they are Kinetix rebanded. The replacement Kinetix bushings fit perfectly in the rear camber arms.

Second, after approximately 15,000kms of driving, the bushings in the rear camber arms ARE SHOT. The circle in the bushing is now an oval and the bushing is soft like a marshmallow. So bad that the camber/toe was changing as I was driving creating an awful wobbly rear end feel. Of course AMS does not have replacement bushings for sale, so I bought Kinetix bushings and after $100 CDN they are back together and tight. I will be looking to replace with a heim joint type arm like Voodoo13 to match my toe arms.

Third, one ball joint on the front upper control arm is already needing replacement. I would contribute this too the horrible dust boot that cracked and split early on its life.

Overall, not impressed with the quality or durability of the parts. They worked fine while new but quickly destroyed themselves.

Last edited by 350ZZJoe; 04-19-2016 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:11 PM
nizzan4u2nv

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZZJoe
Just thought I'd throw a quick update here.

First, I do believe they are Kinetix rebanded. The replacement Kinetix bushings fit perfectly in the rear camber arms.

Second, after approximately 15,000kms of driving, the bushings in the rear camber arms ARE SHOT. The circle in the bushing is now an oval and the bushing is soft like a marshmallow. So bad that the camber/toe was changing as I was driving creating an awful wobbly rear end feel. Of course AMS does not have replacement bushings for sale, so I bought Kinetix bushings and after $100 CDN they are back together and tight. I will be looking to replace with a heim joint type arm like Voodoo13 to match my toe arms.

Third, one ball joint on the front upper control arm is already needing replacement. I would contribute this too the horrible dust boot that cracked and split early on its life.

Overall, not impressed with the quality or durability of the parts. They worked fine while new but quickly destroyed themselves.
thats the same overall impressions from research ive done on the Kinetix.