Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Is this a good suspension overhaul plan for a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:00 AM
AML225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good suspension overhaul plan for a daily driver?

Hey all-

I apologize for another "Is this good?" thread, but there is an overwhelming amount of information within this forum. I've been sifting through the Suspension 101 Sticky, and otherwise trying to research as much as I can. I think I have finally come up with a plan to overhaul my 2008 350z Enthusiast suspension. My car is a daily driver, so I want something with ride quality similar to stock, while hopefully still improving the handling.

Current Setup: Full stock suspension, stock wheels, Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Here is what I'm thinking:
  • Dampers & Springs: Bilstein B-12 Pro Kit (~$900)
  • Adjustable Front Upper Control Arm: Kinetix Racing ($250)
  • Compression Rod Bushing: SPL ($160)
  • Transverse Link Bushing - Inner: SPL ($120)
  • Transverse Link Bushing - Outer: Whiteline W52992 ($55)
  • Adjustable Rear Camber Arm: Kinetix Racing ($140)
  • Rear Toe Bolt: SPC 72055 ($30)
TOTAL: $1,655
A couple questions:
  1. Am I missing any essentials? Any front/rear bushings I left out? Eccentric Lockout Bolts?
  2. I've been told that while the B-12 Pro Kit claims a drop of ~1.2", in reality it will be less than an inch. Should I hold off on buying the FUCA, rear camber arm, and toe bolt to see if alignment will even be an issue?
  3. Anywhere in particular I could save some money without sacrificing ride quality/handling/durability?
  4. Any other general advice/changes you would make?

Thank you very much for the help,
Drew
Old 04-06-2017, 06:20 AM
DJKapeesh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the coilovers part,

I was going to go with the BILSTEIN B14 PSS Kit B14 PSS Complete Kit for adjust ability in the front and confort. $850- $950 new

I ended up on BC Coilovers due to the fact I will be tracking the car some and wanted more adjust-ability. That being said, the BC coilovers $950 new + 20" rims are slightly more firm then the blown stock suspension I was riding on but I would not classify them as uncomfortable. Certainly I feel every crack and bump in the road but I don't feel any time that my back is being shattered. I have heard the Bilsteins are more comfortable
Old 04-06-2017, 09:25 AM
ottacat

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd also get this bushing - Whiteline 350Z/G35 Front Lower Control Arm Inner Bushing. I think the Z1 front control arms are worth looking into as well. I'd actually hold off on both the front control arms, the rear camber arms and toe bolts until you get an alignment and see if they are truly necessary given your drop and preference in rear camber.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

If you wanna stick with bilstein I would reccomend going B14's for basically the same price.

If you can opt for the PSS do it. I skipped on the PSS to save some coin and regret it but don't. It's a great street/track suspension.

Major difference over stock as far as body roll, while slightly stiffer buff only if you try to feel for it. IMO perfect stiffness for a street/track/canyon car.