Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo Touch up Paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Freed3573

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo Touch up Paint

Just got OEM Brembos for my 350z, and was having trouble finding a paint to match the factory gold color. Saw a lot of people recommending the Honda Inca Pearl(Y-61P), and went to have a look at it in person. It didn't look like it matched at all personally

The other color I saw mentioned was the Humbrol 54. It looked perfect, but I was worried about the durability. I saw it was mainly used for models/crafts, and I didn't know how well it would stand up to the heat, dust brake fluid etc...

Fast forward to me looking through a paint book for about thirty minutes, and I found a color that I felt matched, Ford GQ Amber Gold Effect. I felt it needed a bit more gold pearl so I got 2g extra mixed into the pint that I got.

Picture is a bit big, but I wanted to make sure you guys and gals could see the color clearly.

Caliper behind the sample color.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:55 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Looks pretty good, but the problem with the Brembo's is they're not all the same color. Get them hot at a track session, for example, and that pretty gold gets baked to a much more brown shade of gold, and it happens with age, too. As cheap as powder coating is, that's the right way to do it, aiMO, and that finish is much more durable and color-fast. I had mine done by a local shop in a 3-layer finish, with the vinyl emblems under the final clear coat. Cost for all 4 was ~$325, including all disassembly (calipers were not split) and prep work.

Color looks a bit pale in that pic, which was under the LED lights in my trunk, but in the sun, they look like original,color when new:

The following 3 users liked this post by dcains:
gringott (05-16-2017), HRMoneyPit (05-15-2017), zakmartin (05-17-2017)