Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

New coils and brakes. NEED Camber arms and pads. PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Jokah

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New coils and brakes. NEED Camber arms and pads. PICS**

I'm finally lowering the z and I'm gonna put all the parts on at the same time. What I have are Top Speed pro-1 adjustable oem style coil overs and brembo brake calipers. I know I need camber arms for front and rear. I like the z1 arms but I don't know if the rear works on the oem style spring perch.

So what do you all recommend for camber arms to get into oem spec alignment after a 1"+ drop?
Also what pads are good for aggressive canyon driving? I was looking at ebc and hawk.
Here it is>

Last edited by Jokah; 06-23-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:40 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

I would start here

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ion-101-a.html
Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Jokah

Thanks for the refresh. I read through it. The z1 'race' arms look good, race being solid bushings, however, it doesn't specify whether they are machined or not but they are better than other options for the price regardless.

I don't know if my toe will be ok after the drop, and I didn't think like that the SPC toe bolts is a sloppily design than oem so I will see if I can stay in spec with the oem toe bolts. I will be taking it to a place called precision Z to align it and tell me what I may need. Or what I screwed up during installaion..

I will be ordering some SPL compression rod bushings and other bushings as well.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Jokah

Dbl post

Last edited by Jokah; 06-23-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:00 PM
ottacat

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently did a lot of suspension work and I went with the Z1 front adjustable camber arms and they were excellent. My installer had seen many types including SPL and thought the Z1 were well made and sturdy. I have no regrets at all in buying them. I strongly recommend you get the 'street' version though as the race versions are quite noisy.

For the rear, if you are getting 'true' coilovers then you can remove the OEM spring buckets and use the SPL Rear Toe Links instead of a set of toe bolts. You will also want adjustable rear camber arms.

Good decision on the SPL compression bushings.

My only other suggestion would be adjustable end links for your sway bars as lowering the car will otherwise pretension them.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:19 PM
Jokah

Already have the coils and springs. They are oem spring in bucket design. So I'm probably going with the z1 rear camber arms. Just making sure they will work.
https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...s-p-10763.html
I can't remember where I saw a warning saying that it wouldn't work with oem spring bucket.

I like solid rod ends they make sense to me. I don't mind the noise. Plus blast pipe coming soonnn!
Old 06-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Jokah

Anyone have any knowledge about these eccentric/toe bolts I can't quite see the washer design from the image they provide.
https://www.z1motorsports.com/suspen...35-p-4637.html
Old 06-23-2017, 04:19 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Z1 arms front and rear. SPC toe bolts are fine. If you cant get your toe in spec with the bolts you are too low.

Pads depend on usage.