Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strut Tower Bar Delete, No Perceptible issues.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Liked 247 Times in 216 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter View Post
I have a carbon fiber strut bar that won't clear mu V+ plenum. If your in the Enfield area you can see if it will fit with your spacer and hood.

I have the stock one on and its slightly spaced and it rubs on the hood... Wish I could use the carbon fiber one I have but its wider than stock and my plenum has a groove built into it for the oem strut bar.
I have the V+ plenum also and the plenum itself used to rub against my hood on the drivers side, so I grinded a little niche out of the hood framing with an angle grinder, and now it clears..
Old 10-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Liked 247 Times in 216 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura View Post
ADD #4: In a world of sportcars where other makes and models have to go to an aftermarket strut bar to improve performance, members of this board want to delete theirs. Nissan did a lot of research before designing and building the Z33, and the OEM strut bar is one example of a performance part added to help the FM chassis handle just a bit better. It's another example of customers not knowing what the real performance of the Z is all about.

I agree. It's there for a reason. It shouldn't be deleted, just moved forward.
The following users liked this post: Atreyu'z 350
JasonGoalie34 (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 07:22 PM
JasonGoalie34

Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

ADD #4: In a world of sportcars where other makes and models have to go to an aftermarket strut bar to improve performance, members of this board want to delete theirs. Nissan did a lot of research before designing and building the Z33, and the OEM strut bar is one example of a performance part added to help the FM chassis handle just a bit better. It's another example of customers not knowing what the real performance of the Z is all about.

Originally Posted by Atreyu'z 350 View Post
I agree. It's there for a reason. It shouldn't be deleted, just moved forward.
Alright dkmura, easy there fella, this is why I'm here to ask questions about the situation. It's a discussion forum.

Anyway, I think the two of you are hitting the nail on the head for me, in that the best solution seems to be the ZR1 strut bar. It certainly goes under the plenum, It's reasonably priced, keeps things structurally straight.

Ordering now... lol
Old 10-07-2017, 05:42 AM
Bak3rme

Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts

ive seen that z1 sells that tower bar and always wanted to see how it looks installed. anyone pics?
Old 10-07-2017, 05:47 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Liked 690 Times in 480 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonGoalie34 View Post
Alright dkmura, easy there fella, this is why I'm here to ask questions about the situation. It's a discussion forum.
My comment wasn't aimed at you. It's simply that--like many forums--members begin to want to "change" their cars for the sake of being unique. But the Z was designed for a specific rationale- a sportscar that puts performance before comfort. Sometimes our discussions seem to forget that fact and the goodies that are already on the car get pulled for no good reason other than a whim...
Old 10-09-2017, 09:27 AM
JasonGoalie34

My comment wasn't aimed at you. It's simply that--like many forums--members begin to want to "change" their cars for the sake of being unique. But the Z was designed for a specific rationale- a sportscar that puts performance before comfort. Sometimes our discussions seem to forget that fact and the goodies that are already on the car get pulled for no good reason other than a whim...
Haha okay, i got ya man.
Well, I decided to order me one of those ZR1 bars. Wasn't terribly expensive, and it solves all the problems I need it to. I'll throw a pic up when it's done!
Old 10-09-2017, 10:18 AM
BakaN20

Liked 22 Times in 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bak3rme View Post
ive seen that z1 sells that tower bar and always wanted to see how it looks installed. anyone pics?
Looks similar in design to the aps strut bar:

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ml#post7972524

Might have to modify or remove the plastic cover like this one:

[/QUOTE]

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ml#post5682973

Last edited by BakaN20; 10-09-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:06 AM
JMII

Liked 35 Times in 34 Posts
Thumbs up

Sometimes our discussions seem to forget that fact and the goodies that are already on the car get pulled for no good reason other than a whim...
The stock air box is a good example, the design is a cold air intake yet people remove it

However with that said there are clearly some OEM pieces that could use aftermarket improvement like the undersized brakes. And don't get me started on the stereo
Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 PM
JasonGoalie34

Originally Posted by JMII View Post
The stock air box is a good example, the design is a cold air intake yet people remove it

However with that said there are clearly some OEM pieces that could use aftermarket improvement like the undersized brakes. And don't get me started on the stereo
A little tardy, but YES, thank you for this.

Now, my Z was a fixer upper... $4000 to limp it home. Among the laughable "modifications" to the motor (which has since been swapped out) was a garbage cone filter hose clamped onto the pipe, no anchors whatsoever, just sitting against the block... she was a DANGLER!

ugh... common sense! Just LOOK at the thing! The intake vent takes air from outside the engine bay. You just made yourself a hot air intake.

Thank god I rescued my baby from stupidity.

Last edited by JasonGoalie34; 10-12-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 AM
MadBoost

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I could have saved you a couple bucks if I had seen this a week earlier. I have a brand new APS strut bar, $50 + fees/shipping.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:43 AM
JasonGoalie34

Originally Posted by MadBoost View Post
I could have saved you a couple bucks if I had seen this a week earlier. I have a brand new APS strut bar, $50 + fees/shipping.
Eh, it's alright. Appreciate the thought though!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: