Front sub-frame and alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 11:10 AM
06platinumG

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Front sub-frame and alignment issues

Help

I just had my motor mounts replaced and long tube headers installed

In order to do this the shop dropped the sub-frame and disconnected a lot of the front suspension.

After everything was reinstalled I took it in to check the alignment and found that it was way off and the tech could not get it back the prior specs

Prior I was at -3.25 camber on both sided and when I took it in I was at -1.2 on the left and -5.3 on the right. He couldn't get the left and any less than -1.7 and the right the most positive he could get was -2.7

My question is did the sub-frame shift and is there an alignment process on the sub-frame as it seems to have shifted during the removal and install that has shifted the suspension causing these issues

I need to go back and talk to the shop and I'm looking for more information before I do.............Thanks

Last edited by 06platinumG; 05-23-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:24 AM
vegasanthony

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 06platinumG
Help

I just had my motor mounts replaced and long tube headers installed

In order to do this the shop dropped the sub-frame and disconnected a lot of the front suspension.

After everything was reinstalled I took it in to check the alignment and found that it was way off and the tech could not get it back the prior specs

Prior I was at -3.25 camber on both sided and when I took it in I was at -1.2 on the left and -5.3 on the right. He couldn't get the left and any less than -1.7 and the right the most positive he could get was -2.7

My question is did the sub-frame shift and is there an alignment process on the sub-frame as it seems to have shifted during the removal and install that has shifted the suspension causing these issues

I need to go back and talk to the shop and I'm looking for more information before I do.............Thanks
I recently dropped my subframe..i can see where that could happen..
look for blown bushings..break down and reassemble everything
Old 05-23-2018, 06:02 PM
06platinumG

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Well I don't have any bushings so I don't think that's it. Everything I have is solid or spherical bearings.

I'm going to have to get it in the air and see what I can do to shift it all to the left. Not sure how much it needs to move to effect the camber 2 degrees
Old 05-23-2018, 07:32 PM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Look at the studs where the LCA is mounted. Wouldnt bolt up without those and also the subframe ties into both sides. But it can be bolted up improperly, easy to crossthread things.