Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo Rebuild - Torque Specs

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 07:31 AM
infiniti0606

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Brembo Rebuild - Torque Specs

I went ahead and split the callipers on be vehicle to fully disassemble and powder coat them - in retrospect it turns out that I shouldn't have taken them apart, but whats done is done at this point.

What torque do the 4 bolts connecting the two callipers need to be tightened too - I'm assuming the fronts will be a bit higher than the rears.

Any help would be great - obviously tons of thread lock will be used.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:16 AM
SpartaEvolution

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Good luck. I've heard horror stories about trying to source the little rubber o-ring gaskets for the fluid crossover tube, so hopefully it doesn't leak on you.

I can't speak to the Brembos specifically, but when we join the two halves of our 4 piston Saturn series calipers together (same clamping style as the Brembos), they are torqued to 44 ft-lbs, granted they are M10 bolts threading into forged aluminum, whereas the Brembos are M8(?) bolts threading into cast aluminum, so the values will be a bit lower. Personally, I would torque them to ~20 ft-lbs then see how it feels with a 3/8" ratcheting wrench. If it doesn't feel like it's going to strip, bump it up to ~30 ft-lbs. I believe the rear bolts are the same as the fronts, so you can use the same torque values for each.

Either way, how do they look after PC? Got any pics?

PS: use high temp thread lock c:

Last edited by SpartaEvolution; 05-30-2018 at 08:21 AM.