Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Quality stainless steel brake lines - corrosion resistance

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 04:15 AM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Quality stainless steel brake lines - corrosion resistance

I recently bought a set of Stoptech stainless steel brake lines (oem brembo setup). They lasted all of one winter. The connections are now completely covered in rust. Not sure if the zinc plating is very thin or if the steel quality is garbage, but these are absolute **** considering they are from a relatively well known company with a reputable name.

Does anyone have recommendations for a high quality set of stainless steel brake lines?
Old 02-17-2021, 04:25 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,076 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by Row2K
I recently bought a set of Stoptech stainless steel brake lines (oem brembo setup). They lasted all of one winter. The connections are now completely covered in rust. Not sure if the zinc plating is very thin or if the steel quality is garbage, but these are absolute **** considering they are from a relatively well known company with a reputable name.

Does anyone have recommendations for a high quality set of stainless steel brake lines?
I went with the SS brake lines from Z1. They have held up pretty well with no issues like you describe: https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...es-p-2998.html

It looks like they also have a "premium" set for Brembo's for about $30 more. I don't have any firsthand experience with these: https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...es-p-5200.html
Old 02-17-2021, 03:38 PM
DarkZ03

Received 490 Likes on 410 Posts

I have the Goodridge Phantom lines but they aren't cheap, they are fully covered up like the premium options out there.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:06 PM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkZ03
I have the Goodridge Phantom lines but they aren't cheap, they are fully covered up like the premium options out there.
I was just looking at the Goodridge lines earlier today. I think I'll get them in that case as they seem to be the only ones available with SS connections vs zinc plated from what I've looked at so far.