Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

who autocross with just springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:29 PM
o snap its eric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who autocross with just springs?

I've heard s2k's do that. Im wondering if we can do that too. That would be a good alternative. Of course just adding springs will still have a chance of blowing your shocks. Anyhow on the average how hard/rough do you ride your car? I live in a city with many bumpy rough roads and i tend to do hard turns when given the chance. Would you guys recommend me getting springs.
Old 04-28-2004, 10:05 AM
racingdynamcs

Well depending on what kind of springs you get will deterimine what you can ...

example:: Kg/mm 1.7inch (drop all around)
Springs from kg/mm are real stiff and will lower your ride hieght and stiffen the ride. With unedrstanding your front and rear camber is going up neg. You will see handling limit higher and the abvious downside to all this is shock-life is reduced, tire wear is quicker and un-even, you will bottom out if you live in the city. Also understand that anyspring you put on is not made to work with the stock shock so your handling will not be where it can be say with coilovers.

I drive in NYC w/ out a drop yet and some places i have to drive through i dont think i can go without bottoming out. So with a drop i'd get stuck =)

If you want to auto X (which i do) I think for us swaybars will do more help than springs if your going for the bang for the buck kind of deal.
Sways for our cars will put them in the nuetral setting. Getting rid of the "pig like turns" Hatchkins are great with their 3way adjustable hallow bars. They are also cheap compared to others. No i do not work for them but i am thinking of getting them my self.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:53 AM
jimster716

Springs will put you in a street prepared class in which case you better have more than just springs.

It would be better to upgrade your shocks unless you want looks too in which case get both or coilovers.