Old 05-05-2004, 08:03 AM
shortcut3d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S-Tune vs Koni

Which suspension setup is better?

Nsimo S-Tune Suspension w/ S-Tune Sway Bars

or

Koni Yellow, Eibach, and 350EVO Sway Bars

I want to know which handles better, long term usage (sagging, noises, warranty, tire wear) and finally looks.

Personally, I like to have a list of NISMO parts, but I think it is a mental block. Help me over come it.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:37 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Koni setup will be more flexible, since you can adjust the sways and the shocks to best fit your driving style.

OTOH, the S-tune is great right out of the box.

If it were me, I'd do just the Koni and Sways and leave the stock springs (I think that would be much less expensive than S-tune).

I'd do S-tune over coilovers any day (since I'm not interested in ride height adjustment or that last little bit of corner-weighting).

Basically, I'm a cheap bastard.

I doubt any of these will help tire wear. But using Koni's and stock springs will have the least effect becaues the ride height stays the same. On all of them I think you'd need an alignment.

-D'oh!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:25 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

D'oh,

Pretty much what I am doing. I will have the Konis + 350Evo sways installed next week. Total cost with installation with alignment is $1400 at BJ's aka dwnshift's place. I am staying with the stock springs. The best I could do on the S-Tunes was $1690.06 shipped. Then I had to add $509.95 for installation at my dealer. So $1400 vs. $2205.01. These were my two best options as far as I am concerned. Both options seem to be working as far as fixing the bounce and making the car handle better. If I lived close to Performance Nissan I might have leaned towards the S-Tune.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:19 AM
johnlotusboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I did it again I think I would do the Hotchkis springs and bars with the Koni's. It would cost about $1200 PLUS install. My thoughts are to have a package designed by one company and have adjustable anti-sway bars. Hotchkis also does not lower the car a great deal (9/16" front+3/4" rear) and their springs are linear rate.
I currently have RS*R springs and Cusco bars W/Koni shocks and do like this a lot. I think the Hotchkis might be better, what if read about their other vehicles they have done is very impressive.

Lots of option and a couple hundred dollars difference is nothing if it give you results you want for several years. If you can ride in a car with Nismo to feel the shocks then try the Koni's.