Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Nicks on rims after wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 07:40 PM
ORACLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Nicks on rims after wheel alignment

I took my G35 Coupe in today for a wheel alignment. The good news is that the car tracks better. For the bad news: when I got home and checked my wheels, I noticed nicks on the outside edges of three of my Iforged rims. The nicks were probably caused by the wheel alignment sensors that they used during the wheel alignment. Has anyone else noticed this after a wheel alignment? I am going back tomorrow to talk to the manager.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:01 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, infact after the dealer did the align I had the same issues, I was able to polish them out. I now have clearcoat on my rims, I wanted to align again, and asked dealer what equipt he uses, he showed me and I said NO THANX. He then told me that in a few months he will get a machine that doesn't even touch the rims, so I will return.

You should be able to polish most of them out with a good metal polish, next time be very careful, they don't care.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:07 PM
ORACLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rodH
yep, infact after the dealer did the align I had the same issues, I was able to polish them out. I now have clearcoat on my rims, I wanted to align again, and asked dealer what equipt he uses, he showed me and I said NO THANX. He then told me that in a few months he will get a machine that doesn't even touch the rims, so I will return.

You should be able to polish most of them out with a good metal polish, next time be very careful, they don't care.

Did you get anything from the dealer? An offer to refinish the wheels...did they even apologize? I have a clear coat on my lips already. I might just end up touching the areas with a dab of clear.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:32 PM
rodH

Originally posted by ORACLE
Did you get anything from the dealer? An offer to refinish the wheels...did they even apologize? I have a clear coat on my lips already. I might just end up touching the areas with a dab of clear.
well, actually the dealer contracts it out, and I knew I could polish it and it would be more hassle than its worth.

let me know how your fix goes
Old 05-06-2004, 09:21 PM
___DJK___

I hate taking my car anywhere to have anything done to it. Not too many ppl give a $hit about your baby. Couple weeks ago I had a nail removed from one of my tires and the tire shop put a couple gouges in the lip of my rim!! They ended up sending it to a machine shop to be repolished. It came out pretty good, but its not perfect. Lifes a *****.

Moral of the story, ish happens, so make sure to do a careful inspection of your vehicle when you pick it up, no matter what the service.