Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Question about Tein EDFC

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 05:20 PM
ZDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Tein EDFC

Hey, I've had my Tein Flex on now for about a year and my EDFC has been sitting in a closet since I don't know when. I was wondering if installing it now will require me to realign my car. I ask because I just aligned my car after putting on new tires 4 days ago. I think the fronts will be fine but the rear will probably require taking the suspension off. Please get back cause I was going to go tommorow morning to do the install.

Thanx
Old 06-02-2004, 06:39 PM
ZDreamZ

Anyone??????
Old 06-03-2004, 01:07 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't change the ride height, then you should be fine. Just changing the dampening through the EDFC shouldn't affect the alignment. The only thing that might require it again is if in taking apart the suspension you change the alignment settings, but that is not likely.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:47 PM
ZxRage

To emphasize further on King Tut's response. If you install EDFC, it will require you to at least remove the rear struts from the car to install the motors on top of them. When you do this, depending on whether or not you have adjustable linkages in the rear and also whether or not you change the height of your rear struts, you will have to get your car re-aligned. If you do not have adjustable linkages, or you do and you don't touch them, and you are very careful not to change the height of the rear struts, even a little, then you should be okay without any problems.

As for the front, if you are very careful, and you have small fingers, you can install the motors onto the front coilovers but you will have to figure out a way to get the small wrench into the recess of the pillowball mount to loosen the clicker ****, I broke my wrench at the neck so it would fit into the recess and then when I was done, I tack welded it back together, this way I didn't have to remove the front coilover to install the motors. If you need any more info, let me know, or you can find me at **********.com.