Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Nismo sways??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:25 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
I didn't have a single problem with my 350EVO sways being on my car when I took it in for feathering.

I'm sure the Nismo sways are fine, but if you ever plan on tracking your car seriously, I'd recommend nothing other than the 350EVOs--and they haven't hurt my car's streetability one bit.
I'd be surprised if most dealers even notice the difference. Both OEM & 350Evo sways are black.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:40 AM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-09-2004, 11:27 AM
FLdrifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff@Performance
Stay with the Nismos! If you ever get the dreaded tire feathering your covered under the factory Warranty!!!! ANY other sway will allow the dealer to send you packing..... (of course you know I'll still take good care of you.. )
Will VDC still work if I put the Nismo sways on my track model?
Old 06-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

The VDC will work just fine with Nismo or 350EVO bars....
Old 06-09-2004, 07:34 PM
themartyr

Are the 350 evos good for just street?
Old 06-09-2004, 09:11 PM
shortcut3d

Look a couple post back for my review on the entire Nismo S-tune suspension. The difference in ride quality and performance is amazing. Many sway bars will squeak and make noise and the S-tunes WILL NOT. The car is completely level and predictable while cornering.

Nismo suspension and sways do not dial out the over steer. When pushed to the limit the car will push when not on the throttle (i.e. front slides out first). I can't comment on how over steer is affected on stock suspension.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

NISMO use Hard Rubber Bushings... a harder compound then the stock bushings...

STILLEN use the OE Bushings off of your stock sway bars...

350 EVO Still a great sway bar use a Polyurethane bushing...

I am unsure of the other sway bars bushing type...

If noise is a concern to you.......which flywheel "chatter" is something that is very taboo to most (NOT I said the wabbit) then the type of bushing the sway bar uses can be a deciding factor in what you choose...
Old 06-10-2004, 12:52 AM
themartyr

aahhhh this sucks i cant decide!
Old 06-10-2004, 04:41 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by themartyr
aahhhh this sucks i cant decide!
I know how you feel!!! I go through this everytime a new part hits the market for our cars... . I'm still dragging my feet on a plenum... it's just a matter of time before I give in.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:06 AM
mac

Dont believe the advertising machine. Hotchkis bars are cheapest and work excellent. Works with VDC also. Nismo bars were not tested with VDC as you stated on your website JASON. Nismo bars are not adjustable, which sucks if you need to fine tune your suspension. Not every suspension setup is the same. Nismo made their swaybars for there own Nismo shock/spring combo, but they are not adjustable. Think about it. If there not adjustable you can not fine tune it to work with your setup. Buy any bar thats adjustable period. Two brands I know of are Hotchkis and 350evo . Dont believe this guy yabblin on and on about his nismo bars HE IS SELLING. I don't sell anything but give away knowledge for free. Yeah i'm talking about you JASON. Man don't be giving people bad advice. I have purchased from you before also JASON. Don't think i'll be a repeat customer to a guy that recommends crap to people. People work hard for there money to buy quality products. Just because Nismo swaybars don't sell because of the adjustability factor, you don't have to brainwash people on this forum. Happens that the swaybars from nismo are on sale at his site. I bet you won't be restocking those anymore, cuz no one will want a non adjustable bar that cost more.

Last edited by mac; 06-10-2004 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by mac
Dont believe the advertising machine. Hotchkis bars are cheapest and work excellent. Works with VDC also. Nismo bars were not tested with VDC as you stated on your website JASON. Nismo bars are not adjustable, which sucks if you need to fine tune your suspension. Not every suspension setup is the same. Maybe Nismo made their swaybars for stock suspension or for there own Nismo shock/spring combo, but they are not adjustable. Think about it. If there not adjustable you can not fine tune it to work with your setup. Buy any bar thats adjustable period. Two brands I know of are Hotchkis and 350evo . Dont believe this guy yabblin on and on about his nismo bars HE IS SELLING. I don't sell anything but give away knowledge for free. Yeah i'm talking about you JASON. Man don't be giving people bad advice. I have purchased from you before also JASON. Don't think i'll be a repeat customer to a guy that recommends crap to people. People work hard for there money to buy quality products. Just because Nismo swaybars don't sell because of the adjustability factor, you don't have to brainwash people on this forum. Happens that the swaybars from nismo are on sale at his site. I bet you won't be restocking those anymore, cuz no one will want a non adjustable bar that cost more.
It's nice to be loved
Old 06-10-2004, 05:13 AM
mac

Old 06-10-2004, 08:33 AM
shortcut3d

Originally posted by mac
Dont believe the advertising machine. Hotchkis bars are cheapest and work excellent. Works with VDC also. Nismo bars were not tested with VDC as you stated on your website JASON. Nismo bars are not adjustable, which sucks if you need to fine tune your suspension. Not every suspension setup is the same. Nismo made their swaybars for there own Nismo shock/spring combo, but they are not adjustable. Think about it. If there not adjustable you can not fine tune it to work with your setup. Buy any bar thats adjustable period. Two brands I know of are Hotchkis and 350evo . Dont believe this guy yabblin on and on about his nismo bars HE IS SELLING. I don't sell anything but give away knowledge for free. Yeah i'm talking about you JASON. Man don't be giving people bad advice. I have purchased from you before also JASON. Don't think i'll be a repeat customer to a guy that recommends crap to people. People work hard for there money to buy quality products. Just because Nismo swaybars don't sell because of the adjustability factor, you don't have to brainwash people on this forum. Happens that the swaybars from nismo are on sale at his site. I bet you won't be restocking those anymore, cuz no one will want a non adjustable bar that cost more.
mac, I think Nismo components are expensive and not as economical as other brands. BUT Nismo parts have value added in features and benefits. One feature is the warranty. Another is the reputation of the manufacturer. Each individual needs to place his or her own value on something that is intangible. No body on this board can deny the fine craftsmanship, superior materials, and fitment of NISMO parts. These components are ideal for individuals that do not want to adjust their setup. Many people do not adjust or change settings after adjust parts are installed, thus it is a feature of little value. Where as, a fine tuned set of components that have proven safe performance is a better fit.

Jeff and Jason are great vendors and help the Z community out a bunch. They are not out messing over people on warranty issues like other dealerships. What matters to me when ordering parts online is security, processing the order in a timely manner, and receiving the correct item. Performance Nissan gets an A+ in my book for all three.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Sz28r

I'll 2nd that - - Performance Nissan (Jeff, Jason) are very helpful and knowledgeable - - Others opinions are helpful too, even a newbie like Mac, but don't attack a guy for his opinion, especially when it's based on experience (street and track).

I personally don't need the adjustability factor on my street car, race cars are a different story - - I agree the Nismo quality and fit are second to none.

Now, play nice
Old 06-10-2004, 10:17 AM
shortcut3d

Notice I also mentioned SAFE.

Some aftermarket setups are not safe for many drivers. In general, people react better to understeer vs oversteer. Dialing out all of the understeer and making the car oversteer is an accident waiting to happen on a rwd car with gobbs of low end torque.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:50 AM
stx

Originally posted by mac
I don't see why you think Jason and Jeff are pushing Nismo when they do sell different brands other than Nismo. I don't think they would care what you bought they are just expressing what they think is better.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:10 PM
mac

Seems like we have Nismo loyalist. Defending a bunk product cuz you purchased a brand name thinking that it would be better than other manufacturers. Sorry Nismo components suck. Also check what you just wrote about safety. If we all know Nismo's bars are not adjustable and made for the Nismo shock/spring combo. Warranty? Are you stupid? Warranty is not even an issue. There is no reason anyones warranty would be voided over a friggin sway bar mod. Stop trying to scare people, ya friggin pig. You guys all on the same team, MANBREAST MOTORSPORTS TEAM.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:15 PM
mac

Originally posted by shortcut3d
Notice I also mentioned SAFE.

Some aftermarket setups are not safe for many drivers. In general, people react better to understeer vs oversteer. Dialing out all of the understeer and making the car oversteer is an accident waiting to happen on a rwd car with gobbs of low end torque.

Safe? Too much paint sniffin? The reason why its safe is because it barely makes a difference vs stock bars? HAHAHA All the other bars are adjustable you can adjust it to to do whatever you please, not like the NISMO. NISMO's NON ADJUSTABLE BARS SUCK PERIOD, THAT IS COMMON SENSE.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:10 PM
jmark

Lighten up Francis!
Old 06-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Road Warrior

even though the nismos are non adjustable i still think they are performance worthy....and you won't get the squeeks associated with the uerathane bushings...if i tracked or raced more than i daily drive than i would probably go with something adjustable and built for racing such as the evo...and along with that the squeeking wouldn't matter. the nismos are a great setup for street and occasional track imo

Quick Reply: Nismo sways??