Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brake Upgrade - Request for help/suggestions please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 08:01 AM
cloudkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Brake Upgrade - Request for help/suggestions please.

I am fixing to go with the Nismo Pads (Front/Back). STOP TECH Lines and OEM Non-Brembo Front and Rear Rotors. Do I need the, OEM Rear/Front Non-Brembo 350z / G35c Caliper Seal Kit?? Not sure what they are used for.

I just don't want to spend $700 or $800 for next to nothing without some noticable differences.

I would get the nice BIG BRAKE upgrade but I had purchased I FORGED rims that are for Non-Brembo. Have the AT5. So I would be screwed if I bought them b/c I would lose the rims. So the options above are my only choice? Probably will look better. Just need to know if you guys think honestly it is worth it. *probably just will paint the calipers* Black; do you know of a link for some good caliper paint too? Regards, LL
Old 06-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Audito350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well.. what exactly are you expecting to be different????

with those changes, you probably won't notice anything different with your brakes... you might get a little better initial bite with the NISMO brake pads, but that's about all....

if you do track events where you need to have better heat resistance, then the NISMO pads will help and and better fluid will help, but for daily driving they don't make any difference....

the caliper seal kit is only needed if you rebuild the calipers or replace the rubber dust boot on the piston in the caliper...

I think you can get caliper paint at any Pep Boys... they are all about the same...

Hope that helps,

PeteH
Old 06-06-2004, 11:44 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Brake Upgrade - Request for help/suggestions please.

Originally posted by cloudkid
I would get the nice BIG BRAKE upgrade but I had purchased I FORGED rims that are for Non-Brembo. Have the AT5. So I would be screwed if I bought them b/c I would lose the rims. So the options above are my only choice? Probably will look better. Just need to know if you guys think honestly it is worth it. *probably just will paint the calipers* Black; do you know of a link for some good caliper paint too? Regards, LL
Not sure exactly which rims you bought, but most 13" BBK's will fit the stock 17" rims.

I know the Stoptech will the stock 17" wheels. If you are thinking about buying a BBK but are nervous about hitting the wheels, you should check with the brake dudes to find out if their brake kit will fit.

As far as your planned mods go, the SST lines will probably make the biggest difference, since they should stiffen up the pedal a bit by eliminating the flex in the stock rubber lines.

Also, which rotors do you have now? It sounds like you are "upgrading" to the rotors you already have? I think I'm missing something here, because I don't understand why you'd buy these. Are your current ones worn out or something?

Not familiar with the Nismo pads, but if they cost any more than the stock pads then they are probably not worth it since you can find aftermarket pads for about the same or less than the stock ones.

Good luck!

-D'oh!