Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

*Top Secret Gold LE-37T, Top Secret C/F Lip, TEIN Flex, Cusco Sways* PICS 56k okay!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Phatmitzu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gallery

Some daytime pictures as promised...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....736#post964736

Old 07-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Wicked4u2c

I normally don't photochop things on people's car's because I'll start getting a lot of request but anyhow I think your car is nice so all you need is the parts I did on your car, if you think your lip makes a difference... LOOK AGAIN!

PHOTOCHOPPED
Rotora 6 Piston Front Caliper Brake Kit
Rotora 4 Piston Rear Caliper Brake Kit
1.5 Drop
Smoked Taillights

Old 07-25-2004, 02:04 AM
Mr B

Mark wouldn't put Rotora's on his car cuz he's a JDM ho like me... besides my dubs and clutch/flywheel combo.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by Mr B
Mark wouldn't put Rotora's on his car cuz he's a JDM ho like me... besides my dubs and clutch/flywheel combo.

So what's really "JDM" I mean, I know what it stand's for. But is it companies that are originated from Japan? Or is it stuff manufactured from Japan? Two different things, because there are a lot of Japanese companies you would be surprised that they manufacture their parts in China, Taiwan etc... Im just curious?

I don't know if you knew this but I started investigating a lot of companies and found out SHOCKING results... did you know you can get a part manufactured in china send it over to Japan which most of these big tuners are, than from japan they do little or no modifications to the product and then send them over here and call it "made in Japan". Its very rare to find a company that really truely makes a product 100% in Japan. A company would struggle if they did that because manufacturing cost are VERY expensive. My friend who owns a factory in China makes stuff for BLITZ! can you believe that? He doesn't make a lot of parts, he makes little parts that aren't crucial I.E. Cast Iron U Bend for supercharger, piping etc... Some of the most crucial and delicate parts are made in Japan where China and Taiwan have not perfected. Sorry I didn't mean to steal this thread I Just sometimes I am clueless when people are like "my car is JDM" and I see parts on there that sure the company is from Japan but those parts are not made in Japan. So that was my question to you? Is JDM have to be manufactured in Japan, or company has to be originated? Or Both?

Last edited by Wicked4u2c; 07-25-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Mr B

If you get technical about it, nothing's made in Japan anymore like you said. But things don't have to be if quality workmanship is still ensured. It shouldn't be a surprise to many that manufacturing costs in Japan are super high compared to neighboring surrounding countries. The most logical thing for them to do to survive is to out source their manufacturing yet still make sure the design and quality is good. It's not only the Japanese that manufacturer outside their own country. Some Bavarian company makes half their fleet sold in the US in good old South Carolina...
So no, JDM doesn't mean it has to be made in Japan. Technically, it refers mostly to companies that are just headquarters there.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Wicked4u2c

Cool, thanks MR.B Its Ironic how we want Japanese "type" parts, and the japanese want our stuff like AEM, DC Sports, etc... Ahh, were never happy
Old 07-25-2004, 09:37 AM
Mr B

And how we put FairladyZ on our cars while they jack our 350Z emblems.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:15 PM
djclarkson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How is the ride?

Heya... I'm looking at getting the Tein suspension and EDFC also. How have you found it so far? Where did you mount the EDFC adjuster in the cabin? Any tricks or troubles setting it up?

Thanks heaps
Old 07-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by Mr B

Originally posted by djclarkson
Heya... I'm looking at getting the Tein suspension and EDFC also. How have you found it so far? Where did you mount the EDFC adjuster in the cabin? Any tricks or troubles setting it up?

Thanks heaps
One word...NICE. The ride is harder, but less bounciness. Im mounting my EDFC unit in my center dash below the headunit. Its getting fiberglassed this moment. Will post pix when its done. The install is pretty straight forward. Wrap your EDFC harness connectors with tapes so it will not rattle in the rear strut.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:16 AM
Z_city

SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:16 AM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
The TEIN recommended setting for the 350z were 25mm front and 26mm in the rear. But for some reason, with that setting, the rear is so much taller than the front. So after some trial and error, we end up with 25mm front and 6mm in the rear. It seems to me the rear is still a tad bit taller than the front(the side skirt is still a little slanted), so I might change it the setting later on after it sets. With that setting, theres still a finger width wheel gap. But the overall height is nice.

Will do. After work.
Poser! All that fancy racing suspension and wheels and seats and still stock Altima brakes!

j/k The car looks great Phatmitzu.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:24 AM
MRJDMZ33

Car looks HOT!!! Excellent choice on the white on gold. Below are a couple of pics of my PPW on Gold 19inch SF Callenge wheels with the rear also being 19x10.5...

Old 07-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by UsafaRice
Poser! All that fancy racing suspension and wheels and seats and still stock Altima brakes!

j/k The car looks great Phatmitzu.
Its coming, its coming...give me more time

Originally posted by MRJDMZ33
Car looks HOT!!! Excellent choice on the white on gold. Below are a couple of pics of my PPW on Gold 19inch SF Callenge wheels with the rear also being 19x10.5...
Thanks Mr. JDM. Your ride looks sweet too!