Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Final pricing on StopTech Track Model replacement AeroRotors!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 01:41 PM
J Ritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Final pricing on StopTech Track Model replacement AeroRotors!

Ok...you guys have been bugging me about making these forever...ask and ye shall receive!

These rotors are direct replacements for the Track Model. They are 2 piece, fully floating, with aluminum hats. They have the same internal vane structure as the full out racing rotors we sell with our big brake kits...our patented AeroRotor design.

What are the benefits of these rotors? They save about 1-2 lbs. of unsprung weight per front corner, and about 2lbs per corner in back. They also flow significantly more air than the stock Track Model rotors. They are fully floating, which means they resist the phenomena known as coning. All metals "grow" when heated. The diameter of cast iron brake discs can increase as much as 2mm (0.080 inch) at elevated braking temperatures. When the disc is radially restrained from growing (as in all one-piece discs) the friction plates are forced into a cone shape as temperature increases, adversely effecting both temperature and pressure distribution within the pads and the feel of the pedal. The fastening system is designed to allow radial growth and minimal axial float resulting in a mechanically stable system.
Additionally, once the first set of these rotors are worn out, you'll be able to keep the aluminum hat, and simply replace the iron disc portion of the rotor, which will only cost about $200 each (or less)., including new mounting hardware.

These rotors will be run on the Performance Nissan (Unitech Racing) and Schuitemaker Motorsports 350Z's in the Grand Am Cup.

Here are the part #'s, diameter and width in mm's, and retail prices. I'm very happy with the price point we were able to keep on these! The prices are per pair.

NISSAN 350Z TRACK MODEL
81-646-9911 FRONT 2 Piece Floating Rotor and Hat Assembly - 1 Pair 2003+ Left + Right Slotted 324 30 $584.00
81-646-9912 REAR 2 Piece Floating Rotor and Hat Assembly - 1 Pair 2003+ Left + Right Slotted 322 22 $736.00
81-646-9921 FRONT 2 Piece Floating Rotor and Hat Assembly - 1 Pair 2003+ Left + Right Drilled 324 30 $684.00
81-646-9922 REAR 2 Piece Floating Rotor and Hat Assembly - 1 Pair 2003+ Left + Right Drilled 322 22 $836.00

The rears are more $, because the rear hat for the parking drum is more expensive to manufacture.

We will be able to ship these out soon. I'm still waiting for an official date, but I'll post it when I have it. We are now accepting orders for these rotors. Talk to your authorized StopTech reseller to get your order in now. The first run will go fast. If you want an authorized reseller in your area, feel free to email me at jeff@stoptech.com.

Here are a few off the top of my head:
Performance Nissan
Street Image
N-Tech Engineering
Concept Z Performance
Z Car Garage
Scott Performance
Zeckhausen Racing
Old 07-19-2004, 02:44 PM
JimRHIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOOOO .... im trying to save money here!

I'll be calling Jason about these now .... damn this car!