Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Carbotech Panther+

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 12:12 AM
adrianko43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbotech Panther+

Where can i buy the carbotech panther + brake pads? Online or at any store in so cal. BTW, i have the non-brembos. Or do they even make them for non-brembos?
Old 08-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Audito350Z

www.carbotecheng.com

if they don't already have the backing plates for the non-Brembos, you can send then yours and they will make you a set....
Old 08-29-2004, 07:41 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam (VandyZ) runs the bobcats on his enthusiast... which were released after the panthers.

So yes, they make them for non-brembos. PM him for more info.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:52 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I assume this is for the track? I used them for the street and they were really noisy
Old 08-29-2004, 07:05 PM
bigdaddy

i don't think they sell them for the non-brembo's anymore. last time i talked with larry at carbotech...he pretty much said they wouldn't make anymore because the extra heat the pads allow you to generate will cause you more problems elsewhere. hell, the stock, non-brembo system is from the sentra, and should hardly be expected to work well when driven in anger.

that being said...call larry at carbotech and see what he recommends.

http://www.carbotecheng.com/
Old 08-29-2004, 08:12 PM
adrianko43

Thanks for the replies. Yes these will be for the track; i cant get a bbk at this time. What other brake pads would you guys recommend for use at the track? And yes, i am going to upgrade to ss brake lines, and brake fluid for the track.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:30 PM
westpak
SFZCC

I actually went with the Panther XP's in front and Panther +'s in rear. They worked very well but were aggressive on the rotor chewing it up a bit but braking was very good, depending on how much you are going to do I would get 2 sets of rears for each set of fronts and keep an eye on the inside rear pad as it will be the first ones to go, the heat warps them and the middle of the pad goes down to metal.

Another suggestion to help with the heat is to cut off the shield that covers the rotor, more of an issue in the rear than the fronts.

Here is alink of how someone did theirs https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&postid=367051
Old 08-30-2004, 07:58 AM
VandyZ

I have both Panther XP and Bobcats.

The panthers are GREAT track pads. Very noisy for street (I tried them for a while on the street) and very dusty.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:55 AM
mcduck

VandyZ... how do you like the Bobcats for street use? I'm about due and want to upgrade, but would like to cut some brake dust, too, if possible.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:03 AM
THX723

Adrian,
Bigdaddy's right. Carbotech will likely not (or will at least talk you out of) getting pads from them. They are just not confident enough w. the non-brembo brakes for heavy track use. I tend to agree w. them.

How experience are you tracking? I would say go w. the BBK if you are quite comfortable on the track and am not affraid of beating on the brakes working them past 100%. Otherwise, you should be able to get away w. the stocker brakes on aftermarket pads.

Before the Stoptechs ... I was running the Hawk HP+ front and HPS rear combo. That worked well for the most part, but it was certainly holding me back, as it's still possible to over use them if I don't hold back some. The eventual fading is a good thing, however. It provides a safety indication that the stock brakes are exceeding (800 degrees) and it's time to back off. More aggressive compounds would not fade and it's not uncommond to push those stocker rotors past 1000 degree ... not a good idea!

Talk to Larry at Carbo ... he'll fill in all the details.

Good Luck,
Old 08-30-2004, 02:25 PM
VandyZ

Originally posted by mcduck
VandyZ... how do you like the Bobcats for street use? I'm about due and want to upgrade, but would like to cut some brake dust, too, if possible.
No Dust, stops hard I love them. I think Doug has put them on a few more cars here after my praises. He has them for his G35C as well.