Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

350evo arms

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 07:42 PM
myG35zx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 350evo arms

Should the 35oevo arms have locktight on the bolts that adjust the camber or any bolt?

The arms are great. The steering is more precise and sharp. But the thought of the bolts loosening concerns me. I have had the arms for 7 days so far. The installation took a freind and me 1 1/2 hours with a jack stand and of course air tools. Thumbs up.

BTW, any news on the sway bars. Did the supplier blow away during the hurricanes?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:58 PM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BJ is racing this weekend at Barber MS Park. He should be in Monday.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the steering more precise? Isnt the purpose of the adjustable camber arms just to set camber adjustment for the front? Or does their lighter weight have anything to do with performance.

I want to learn more about these arms...I am interested.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:31 AM
myG35zx

The new arms do not attach to the frame using rubber bushings. Instead they use a heim joint type (not sure of the name).

On the end attaching to the knucke is another "heim joint" . I guess it just gives less deflection. I was suprised that more road noise or vibration was not experienced.

I drove to Elkhart Indiana to pick up a friends Dodge cummins (trailered the G back). On the way down I kept speeds of about 80-110 and the stering felt tighter and had less wander. It could also be my imagination. I'm sure subconsciously I am justifying a $900 cash layout! But, I would do it again.

The camber is near perfect visually. The car was lowered about 1.25 inches and had severe camber. No longer. This camber created havoc with the Mich Sports. They howl like a pack of rabbid dogs.

My only other question pertains to the sterring wheel no longer being centered. It is now facing 1 or 2 o'clock. Hmmm.

I would not feel safe installing Kinetix arms (though I use their rear models). Performance Nissan arms looked nice, but decided I liked the way 350EVO adjusted the camber more then PN method. These arms are well worth the money.

BTW, they did seem a little heavier than the OEM's.

Originally posted by gq_626
How is the steering more precise? Isnt the purpose of the adjustable camber arms just to set camber adjustment for the front? Or does their lighter weight have anything to do with performance.

I want to learn more about these arms...I am interested.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:05 AM
al503

[i]

My only other question pertains to the sterring wheel no longer being centered. It is now facing 1 or 2 o'clock. Hmmm.

[/B]
Did you get an alignment done after the install? If you did and the car is tracking straight, then they probably just forgot to center the steering wheel.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:04 AM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for not replying earlier but this site hasnt been working on our computers very well....hmmmm
We use mono ball inserts or spherical bearings instead of the OEM rubber bushings. These allow for more percise and smoother suspension travel. We have been showing our arms to the Z crowd over the last two weekends at the Grand Am Cup events. The two most popular comments on them where...
"WOW ...these look fantastic!!!!" and "The pictures on the internet dont do them enough justice."
Loctite is not necesary for the adjustment bolts as there is enough clamping force between the plates to hold them in place wher they are torqued properly. That torque spec is 18- 22 ft/lbs I believe.
Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com
Old 10-13-2004, 06:09 AM
myG35zx

Thanks for the reply. I sure wish I could come to a race. Any near Chicago?

How goes the sway bars? Did the supllier ever resurface?

Thanks...

Originally posted by dwnshift
Sorry for not replying earlier but this site hasnt been working on our computers very well....hmmmm
We use mono ball inserts or spherical bearings instead of the OEM rubber bushings. These allow for more percise and smoother suspension travel. We have been showing our arms to the Z crowd over the last two weekends at the Grand Am Cup events. The two most popular comments on them where...
"WOW ...these look fantastic!!!!" and "The pictures on the internet dont do them enough justice."
Loctite is not necesary for the adjustment bolts as there is enough clamping force between the plates to hold them in place wher they are torqued properly. That torque spec is 18- 22 ft/lbs I believe.
Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com