Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Help me deicde what springs to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me deicde what springs to get?

So I've been looking into getting a set of springs for the Z and I've seen pix of Z's with the tein s.tech springs and the drop in the rear really doesn't do it for me........the drop in the front with the tein springs is good but I need more of a drop in the rear. What springs asides from eibach should I go with for more of a drop but no alignment issues? I've heard the tanabe springs drop the car quite a bit, but everyone I've talked to said tanabe springs are crap. I'm looking to spend around $300 or less. Thanks.

-Andrew
Old 10-12-2004, 11:01 AM
ZinMiami

From experience, I am a Hotchkis believer. Drops about .7" only ones that definitly won't cause camber issues.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:20 PM
nexstage350

Default Re: Help me deicde what springs to get?

Originally posted by x350Zx
So I've been looking into getting a set of springs for the Z and I've seen pix of Z's with the tein s.tech springs and the drop in the rear really doesn't do it for me........the drop in the front with the tein springs is good but I need more of a drop in the rear. What springs asides from eibach should I go with for more of a drop but no alignment issues? I've heard the tanabe springs drop the car quite a bit, but everyone I've talked to said tanabe springs are crap. I'm looking to spend around $300 or less. Thanks.

-Andrew
the only one i can think of is the eibach, but as for the tanabe i heard good things about it nothing really bad. there is a couple of guys on this fourm says they are pretty good, but hey? it's all you.

i am looking into getting some springs myself, but i am still researching. hope this reply helps any.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:55 AM
kzshin

What springs asides from eibach should I go with for more of a drop but no alignment issues? I've heard the tanabe springs drop the car quite a bit, but everyone I've talked to said tanabe springs are crap.
Any spring that drop more than 0.8 inches will most likely have alignment issues.

If you want to drop very low with very good performance go with H&R. Nothing beats H&R on performance.

Regarding Tanabe, I didn't heard bad thing about their springs.

But again anything more than 0.8 inches, you will be taking your chance.