Notices

FS: Wilwood Complete BBK $1800 6 pot/4 pot

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:35 AM
12AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilwood Complete BBK $1800 6 pot/4 pot

SOLD!

This is a kit that was fabbed before Wilwood offered a kit for the 350Z. It has Billet Superlite 6R front calipers and Dynalite rears. The brackets are custom, as are the aluminum hats and 13.5x1.25 vented rotors. I have contact info for getting cheap custom rotors from the company that makes them for Wilwood. I have nearly new pads for street/track/ and some extremely grabby front race pads. The street and race pads are extremely easy to modulate and have great feel. OEM rear brakes are the Achilles heel of the 350Z's that aren't equipped with Brembos. You need to get a full set, not just the fronts, and I will not split the set.

These brakes are the highlight of my Z. Everyone comments on the "hand of God" stopping the car. They have been used for HPDE and Time Attack, and never overheat, even in Phoenix in the middle of summer. The emergency brake is integrated to use the OEM setup. so no worries there. They look baller, too. They fit inside 17" wheels as long as you have reasonable spoke clearance. They fit with the OEM wheels, but not the spare.

OEM heat shields need to be trimmed and the mounting points on your Z and your rear brake mounts need some minor grinding for the kit to fit. None of this will prevent you from returning the car to stock. There are shims included to center the calipers over the rotors. The pad mounting tangs on the front need minor grinding to fit, but it is a 5 minute job. The included pads are done for you.

The calipers have not been rebuilt and have done around 12-15 track days. They still work fine. The front rotors are nearly new, and the rears are in good shape. There is some scarring on one of the rear rotor hats. It looks bad, but the hats are thick and the scar is maybe 1/32" deep. I have no concerns tracking the car with this damage. The scar is from a wheel spacer retaining spring coming loose before I tightened down the wheel. One of the braided steel lines has some cracks in its Teflon coating. The coating is there to keep debris out of the braid. The pads don't fit perfectly- the rotors are a a tiny bit too small for them. This can be remedied by ordering rotors that are 1/16-1/8" larger the next time they are needed. This isn't a problem for the manufacturer, Coleman.

I can provide instructions, photos, etc. to help you install them, as well as the info needed to order new rotors and pads. The rotors last a long time. Pad wear isn't bad either.

Here are some pics:

OEM brakes comparison

Required trimming

Damage

Integrated E Brake surface

PM me if you're interested. I need $60 for shipping unless you want to meet me in the Tucson area.

Last edited by 12AutoX; 08-10-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:17 PM
supraturboman

Sweet set-up. I wish I had the cash laying around for these.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 PM
bgant3

my future front bbk.... glws
Old 08-03-2012, 10:29 AM
12AutoX

Bump and price dropped to $1500