Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

NISMO part invoice prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 08:25 AM
lamaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NISMO part invoice prices

Does anybody have or know the Invoice price for the following NISMO parts?

Part Description
20100-RSZ35 Cat-Back Exhaust System
5300S-RSZ30-US Shock and Spring Kit
54600-RSZ30 Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit
96010-RNZ30 Front Chin Spoiler
85050-RNZ35 Rear Under Spoilers (Pair)
76410-RNZ35 Aero Side Sills (Pair)
16576-RNZ35 Cold Air Intake V2
74902-RNZ30 NISMO Carpeted Floor Mats(Pair)

I would like to buy my Z with all of these parts already installed so I can get the 3 year warranty from Nissan, but I don't want to get raped over the coals at MSRP. I've seen prices that fluctuate alot all over the internet (courtesyparts.com , performancenissanparts.com, etc).

Can anybody please PM me with real numbers on how much their dealer charged for installing these parts. If you had a really good experience with your dealer, I might even hop on a damn plane and pick up my new Z anywhere in the country.....road trip!

Any information is greatly appreciated. I've got the following installation information:
PART DESC INSTALL TIME
20100-RSZ35 Cat-Back Exhaust System 0.5
5300S-RSZ30-US Shock and Spring Kit 4
54600-RSZ30 Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit 2
96010-RNZ30 Front Chin Spoiler n/a
85050-RNZ35 Rear Under Spoilers (Pair) 1
76410-RNZ35 Aero Side Sills (Pair) n/a
16576-RNZ35 Cold Air Intake V2 n/a

Does anybody know how long/much it takes to have them install the items listed as n/a ? The Front Chin Spoiler has to be painted (how much ??) and then installed.

ThankZ all,

-LamaZ
Old 06-15-2005, 09:03 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep in mind that the R-tune parts like the Cold Air Intake do not get the extended warranty of the S-tune NISMO parts. I know that in Jan of 04, the list price for the Catback was about $770. That price may not be valid anymore.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:06 AM
lamaz

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Keep in mind that the R-tune parts like the Cold Air Intake do not get the extended warranty of the S-tune NISMO parts.
Thanks for the "gotcha", I went to the NISMO webpage from www.nissanusa.com to double check. As you have pointed out, it doesn't include any kind of warranty, but it makes no reference to voiding any other warranties.
I know that in Jan of 04, the list price for the Catback was about $770. That price may not be valid anymore.
I do have all of the list prices for the items on the list, what I am missing is the invoice (how much the dealer supposedly pays for the parts). I just finished my first round of faxing, I have faxed 3 local dealers in Rochester NY to see if they will give me the information. Needless to say that I'm not going to hold my breath.

-LamaZ
Old 06-16-2005, 02:01 AM
lamaz

OK, as of today 2/3 of my local dealerships have demonstrated how greedy they really are.... both of them gave me 0 info about invoice pricing and quoted me at MSRP for all the parts. Looks like my best bet is to go to Texas (www.courtesynissan.com).

Anybody have a better place that is willing to negotiate the NISMO parts at delivery of my Z?

-LamaZ
Old 06-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh boy, nismo part and install by Nissan dealer? there is NO WAY you can expect to get invoice price on those unless you're relative or personal friend of the part manager
Old 06-16-2005, 03:34 AM
lamaz

Originally Posted by Bubble
oh boy, nismo part and install by Nissan dealer? there is NO WAY you can expect to get invoice price on those unless you're relative or personal friend of the part manager
Granted, I am almost sure that I won't get invoice pricing, but if I'm going to negotiate a sale price you ALWAYS want to work from the invoice price UP, never try to go MSRP DOWN. I might as well go in their with my pants down and ask for the parts dept. manager to use some K-Y while he is enjoying my ***.

The reason I am inquiring about invoice pricing is so I can calculate a fair profit for the dealer and make an informed offer....say 3-5% over what it supposedly cost the dealer.

I know that they are getting the damn parts pretty cheap because other websites have the parts alot cheaper than MSRP. And we ALL know that these other websites are making money off of these parts.

Example:
20100-RSZ35 Cat-Back Exhaust System

MSRP: $1,100.00
www.courtesyparts.com: $970.20 a 11.8% difference
www.performancenissanparts.com: $908.65 a 17.395% difference
www.mossyperformance.com: $844.00 a 23.27% difference

So, I refuse to be had by my nissan dealer for the installation of these parts. I mean, how many people here actually paid MSRP for their Z car (excluding the couple of people who bought the first ones in 2003) ? Nobody pays MSRP, only suckers. MSRP is a mind game.

"Calm down sir....(But I AM CALM)"
-LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 06-16-2005 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:01 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep in mind that the salesman is really only interested in selling you the car. Most of them could care less about parts and most are probably clueless about NISMO parts. Do like I did, I called the part dept manager about two weeks before my Z arrived and he agreed to match any deal I could find on the internet. When the car arrived and I went to talk to him again, he quoted me the $770 price which was lower than anything I could find on the net - it was actually the list price. Needless to say I was happy about that deal.

Don't get hung up on the parts prices, they're expensive but it's something you're going to have to learn to live with when dealing with the Z. None of them are "cheap".
Old 06-16-2005, 04:22 AM
lamaz

Most of them could care less about parts and most are probably clueless about NISMO parts.
Sadly you are right on the money, I love watching the blank faces on the sales rep when I even mention the word "nismo"...most of them don't even know what I am refering to. The next lame thing I here is "well, don't think you can configure your car just the way you want it from the web site"....blah blah blah.

I am so proud of myself in demonstrating such personal restraint and holding back from b***h slapping them with the back of my hand (keep my pimp and strong).

he agreed to match any deal I could find on the internet
That's exactly what I had in mind. Let's see if I can pull it off.

ThankZ a million,

-LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 06-16-2005 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the different between wholesale and MSPR for part range from 5% to 25%.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:46 AM
lamaz

Originally Posted by Bubble
i think the different between wholesale and MSPR for part range from 5% to 25%.
So you think that for example:

Cat-Back Invoice is 25% off MSRP = $825.00

Dealer is making: $275.00 (25%)
Mossyperformance is making: $19.00 (%2.3)

I appreciatethe effort Bubble. Honestly I have no idea, this is why I want to know how much the **** parts cost to begin with.

If anybody has this info and simply doesn't want to post it (because we all want to make money), just PM the info. I absolutely PROMISE NOT to post any information that is PMed to me.

-LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 06-16-2005 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:46 AM
lamaz

Update, ok I've found something official looking that explains EXACTLY how long it "should" take the dealer to install the part. So, given that I can hopefully get a dealer to match a price that I find on the net, all I have to do is call them up and ask what their hourly labor rate is and do the math.

The cheapest place I've found so far is www.nissanparts4less.com. Do you have something cheaper?

Here are the links to the labor estimates:
http://assets.cobaltnitra.com/teams/...nismo350Z1.jpg
http://assets.cobaltnitra.com/teams/...nismo350Z2.jpg
Old 06-16-2005, 07:06 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Are you asking all this because you want to roll all of the costs of mods to finance? Just curious cause you can probably do most of this install yourself. I see that they are quoting 4hrs install time for the suspension. That's outrageous! Anyways, here's a site that has cheap prices just don't know about shipping costs.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...tegoryID=26601

Good luck
Old 06-16-2005, 08:58 AM
lamaz

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Are you asking all this because you want to roll all of the costs of mods to finance? Just curious cause you can probably do most of this install yourself.
Yes, I had originally planned to install the things slowly by myself. But after doing some research, and thanks to this forum I have learned that if you have the dealer install the parts BEFORE you take delivery there are several benefits:

1. The warranty on the NISMO parts (excluding R-tuned parts) is extended from 1year/12k to match the car's 3 years/36K miles.
2. For insurance purposes, heaven forbid anything bad were to happen, the car should be restored to it's "delivery" condition, meaning when it came out of the dealership.
3. And as you had noted the finance, I can get everthing rolled up into the cost of the car.

-LamaZ
Old 06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Built2shredZ

Have fun finding a dealer that wont charge you book time to install the part. Meaning that it could only take them an hour to install it, but the Nissan book will say that typical installation for the exhaust is 3 hrs. So they will end up charging you 3hrs even tho it only took them 1 hr.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:52 AM
lamaz

Granted, I'm not trying to find one either. I know that they will NEED to charge me installation, I mean they do have to pay the actual person who spends his/her time working on my car.
What I don't want is one of those, "we charge MSRP and how ever long it takes to install". I would much rather have them commit to an estimate (an overshoot) rather then have them charge me for how ever long it takes them...because knowing my luck I'll have the new kid who doesn't know how to work a left handed wrench , thus taking him 6 hours to install something that should take 15 minutes.

-LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 06-16-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:31 AM
ZBoater

Originally Posted by lamaz
...I mean, how many people here actually paid MSRP for their Z car (excluding the couple of people who bought the first ones in 2003) ? Nobody pays MSRP, only suckers. MSRP is a mind game....
You pay MSRP if the car is in very high demand, inventories are very low, and you dont have the patience to wait. Roadster owners went through that as well...
Old 06-16-2005, 10:53 AM
lamaz

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ZBoater
You pay MSRP if the car is in very high demand, inventories are very low, and you dont have the patience to wait. Roadster owners went through that as well...
Point taken, I retract my original comment about the "suckers". Let's just leave at "most people" don't pay MSRP. But, just as they say in finance, it's all about supply vs. demand. If your car is in high demand and short supply....I'll let you do the math.

I'm really hoping NOT to have to pay MSRP. BTW, I LOVE your roadster Zboater. I'm looking to get a very similar setup, if I have to I'll go across the country to find a dealership that is willing to do business my way. If not, my company has a discount program with Nissan that works out to be about $800 over invoice (but I was hoping to squeeze out an extra couple of hundreds in savings by playing hard ball).

Oh S**T!, I just noticed after taking a second look at your car and double checking with NISMO's web site that I HAVE TO purchase the NISMO wheels too, the nismo website says:

"NOTE: NISMO Shokc and Spring Kit, Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit and Wheels can be used on VDC-equipped vehicles only if ALL are installed together. Failure to install all required parts on VDC-equipped models may result in the system not operating properly and could adversly affect vehicle's handling performance."

So as I was saying earlier, the factor for me deciding where I purchase my vehicle will be who gives me the better deal with the NISMO parts (with installation).

-One screwed LamaZ

Last edited by lamaz; 06-16-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:19 AM
ZBoater

They say that but it isnt true. The NISMO wheels work fine with or without the suspension kit, and vice versa. They even say they dont warranty the wheels or suspension on a Roadster. Go figure. At one point I said "screw it" and put it all on anyway.

I built up my NISMO Roadster one piece at a time, getting the best price on the net. A lot of stuff came from Performance Nissan (mynismo.com), but I also got awesome deals on eBay for the NISMO headers ($600) and the NISMO flywheel ($400) shipped. The dealer where I bought the car installed all the NISMO stuff, and the service advisor always took care of me, giving me breaks on pricing, cheaper oil changes, freebie alignment checks, etc., since I did spend several thousand $$$ on install charges over the past year. All in all I have added over $20K to the car (which I paid MSRP for ), but have no regrets. No, its not turbo, not supercharged, doesnt have 600rwhp, but its NISMO, and it looks and feels GREAT! Good luck on putting yours together!!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:30 AM
lamaz

Originally Posted by ZBoater
They even say they dont warranty the wheels or suspension on a Roadster.
Where did you get this information?? I just finished double checking the NISMO official website and for all of these parts it clearly states the following:

"-Covered by Nissan Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty (see dealer for details)"

and

"APPLICATION: 2003-2005 Coupe, 2004
-2005 Roadster"

Are you sure that they don't warranty the wheels or suspension? IF they don't well then I'd also go for piece mealing my car, instead of doing it all in one swoop.

-LamaZ
Old 06-16-2005, 01:06 PM
ZBoater

When I originally bought the Roadster, that disclaimer what on all the S-tune parts (not compatible with Roadster). It had to do with something about not being tested with the Roadster. I took a look at the NISMO site and you are correct, they dont have the disclaimer anymore. Woooohoooo!!!! Took them long enough to fix that insanity.....

Quick Reply: NISMO part invoice prices