Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Need some advice, probally gonna trade my 04 altima for a Z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:37 PM
jackjohnson24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice, probally gonna trade my 04 altima for a Z?

I was in an accident that wasnt my fault last month, and my altima 3.5se had some front end damage. Had to get new hood, bumper, fenders, windshield, front rim, and some stuff under the hood. My mom thinks i should trade it in, as do i. I really dont trust the car anymore, even though it was fixed by nissan. I already heard some sound like water being shook in a jug coming from under the hood. They cleaned some hose out and sent me on my way saying it should go away. I still heard it once or twice, since Friday when i got my car back from the body shop.

Anyway, I was set on probally an 03 Z. But ive reading reading so much about the trannys going up, other misc. stuff going wrong with them im sorta thinking twice. Is it a good chance that if i get an 03 i'll have to get a new tranny eventually? If so, i dont think its worth it. I found an 03 touring with 4000 miles for $24995. Which to me seems like a good deal b/c of the low miles. I dont know if i should just try and get an 04 or 05. If i do, me and my parents wont be able to afford a touring im sure.

I guess getting a touring isnt a big deal, but having the power/heated seats and auto climate control is a nice little luxury. So, 03 touring, or 04/05 track/performance?

Between my trade in which isnt paid off as i just got it last year, and the money i expect to get broken off with from Geico hehe, im hoping to be able to get the Z for around the same price i got my altima for, 22,000, so the payments would be the same that we pay now as im gonna put all the money i get from the settlement down on the car if needed.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:19 PM
jackie chan

if it were me, i would find a newer enthusiast and add my own wheels, stereo and leather. the heated seats/bose/power seats arent really that great if you ask me
Old 10-17-2005, 03:15 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

04 or 05 Enthusiast or above.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:28 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I recommend that you pay-off one car before buying another.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by davidv
I recommend that you pay-off one car before buying another.
ugh...

did you read that his altima was wrecked? most people hate drving around cars that were in a collision, not to mention when it happens, generally there are complications down the road from it. plus if you are going to pay for something for years, make sure it's what you want.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:30 PM
jackjohnson24

Thanks for the suggestions. Makes sense getting a newer enthusiast vs an older touring for the same price. I can add my own leather, i think bose sucks so it was gonna come out anyway, and i guess i can live without the power seats, and heated seats can always be added if i really need it that bad.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:32 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Why is Geico giving you $. Was the accident your fault? You got the Altima fixed right?

Guess what, the dealer is going to know it was wrecked! Get an 05 or 06 Enthusiast!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:01 PM
plumpzz

i suggest 05 or 06 enthusiast also. Enthusiasts are easy to sell later on also... just incase u need to . I have an 05 enth my self.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
jackjohnson24

Originally Posted by zand02max
Why is Geico giving you $. Was the accident your fault? You got the Altima fixed right?

Guess what, the dealer is going to know it was wrecked! Get an 05 or 06 Enthusiast!
The accident was their drivers fault. I didnt have to file a claim with my insurance company as they accepted liability and paid to get my car fixed. The money im talking about is for bodily injury.

How much does the car being in an accident affect the trade in price. According to KBB, the car in excellent condition which it is if you dont count the front end being damaged would get me ~15k in trade it. How much less can i expect to get. And how long does it take for the accident to get on carfax.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:38 AM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by jackjohnson24
The accident was their drivers fault. I didnt have to file a claim with my insurance company as they accepted liability and paid to get my car fixed. The money im talking about is for bodily injury.

How much does the car being in an accident affect the trade in price. According to KBB, the car in excellent condition which it is if you dont count the front end being damaged would get me ~15k in trade it. How much less can i expect to get. And how long does it take for the accident to get on carfax.
well, since it sounds like the body work kinda sucks, I would expect rough wholesale from it if you properly disclose the damage. as far as the carfax, half of the time nothing ever shows up. the only way to really know if the car is in a wreck is a thorough inspection.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:09 PM
jackjohnson24

Originally Posted by jackie chan
well, since it sounds like the body work kinda sucks, I would expect rough wholesale from it if you properly disclose the damage. as far as the carfax, half of the time nothing ever shows up. the only way to really know if the car is in a wreck is a thorough inspection.
Hey. The body work doesnt suck at all. It was done by a nissan body shop. The car looks better than before the accident since everything is new with no scratches on it ( talking about the hood and front bumper). So yeah, the car looks brand spanking new.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:31 PM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by jackjohnson24
Hey. The body work doesnt suck at all. It was done by a nissan body shop. The car looks better than before the accident since everything is new with no scratches on it ( talking about the hood and front bumper). So yeah, the car looks brand spanking new.
ok well i would say kbb.com average trade in should easily be the value