Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Difficult time locating a Z in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 04:15 PM
PotentialZOwner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficult time locating a Z in Texas

I'm looking for a 2006 Z Enthusiast, Silverstone, in west Texas. I live 200 miles away from the nearest Nissan dealership, so it will be a journey no matter when I buy. I was in San Angelo visiting my mother a few weeks ago, and thought I had arranged to factory order a Z from the dealership there. We had already agreed on price. However it now seems their next allocation is in January, which they claim is the next time they can factory order a Z. I'm not sure if that's BS or not, but they don't seem to have any reason to lie at this point. They only have one 06 Z now, but it's the wrong color, and base model, and I must have cruise control.

I've checked dealers in all major TX cities within reasonable driving distance (it's a big, red state), not including the Dallas metroplex, and to my knowledge right now, nobody has a Silverstone Enthusiast. I would rather buy in state and not have a bazillion miles to drive home in a fresh-from-the-dealer car.

So...how difficult is it to find a Z in general, and are dealer allocations down? When I bought my S2000 back in November 1999 (kept it a little over a year; too small interior), I didn't have to wait as long as I'm now being asked to, considering they won't factory order me one until January. Plus it's no telling how long it will take to arrive. I prefer to factory order a Z that hasn't been driven, as long as I can order SOON.

Am I being too optimistic?

Thanks...Kevin
Old 11-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your gonna have trouble finding the Enthusiast. They didn't have one in my whole state. Closest one they could find was in South Florida and they would not give me a good deal on it so I just went ahead and bought the base one for $3000 less than the Enthusiast.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:30 PM
PotentialZOwner

Default I should have added...

...that I've been lurking on the site for a while, and have only become more convinced that the Z is the right next car. Thanks for all the great posts and experiences. I had initial reservations about the Z from a reliability standpoint, but through improvements Nissan has made and your real world experiences, I now am ready to have one soon.

-Kevin
Old 11-03-2005, 04:32 PM
jackie chan

pm me and i will try to locate one for you tomorrow...no problem
Old 11-03-2005, 04:36 PM
jackie chan

there are autos in Austin/angleton/mckinney

and a 6spd in abilene

and those are the only SS enthusiasts that will hit the ground in TX in November(unless somehow some end up on groundstock)

I had a minute before i left work

Last edited by jackie chan; 11-03-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:44 PM
PotentialZOwner

Diesel350, I saw your post after I posted mine...sorry. I would be mostly happy with base, but I must have the cruise. I live out in the mountain sticks (the grocery store is a 90 mile round tip), with 4-8 hour trips every 2 months or so at least on long, straight rodes. Cruise is an absolute requirement, and strong plusses for me are the LCD, Traction Control, Illuminated Wheel Controls since I do a lot of night driving, sometimes in poor conditions.

I drove a Base, the only one on their lot when I was there...it was hot! Without revving too high, I could tell a large difference over the S2000, and the Z was so much more comfortable and well appointed inside. I love Hondas, but I think I can take a rest for a while.

I'll continue looking, and also try to pin down this dealer on a definite order in January. They say anticipation is a good thing, right?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PotentialZOwner
Diesel350, I saw your post after I posted mine...sorry. I would be mostly happy with base, but I must have the cruise. I live out in the mountain sticks (the grocery store is a 90 mile round tip), with 4-8 hour trips every 2 months or so at least on long, straight rodes. Cruise is an absolute requirement, and strong plusses for me are the LCD, Traction Control, Illuminated Wheel Controls since I do a lot of night driving, sometimes in poor conditions.

I drove a Base, the only one on their lot when I was there...it was hot! Without revving too high, I could tell a large difference over the S2000, and the Z was so much more comfortable and well appointed inside. I love Hondas, but I think I can take a rest for a while.

I'll continue looking, and also try to pin down this dealer on a definite order in January. They say anticipation is a good thing, right?
I hear ya. If cruise is a must then Enthusiast is the one unless your willing to spend more money and go with a Touring. For some reason it's very hard do come by the Enthusiast you want. At least it was for me.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:45 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well I suppose that it is difficult to find a 2006 350Z. I mean its only November 3. Geeeze.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:56 PM
PotentialZOwner

Default I must have been on LSD

Oops! I meant LSD, not LCD in the prior post. Also, I do know how to spell "roads". I guess my frustration with finding the right Z for me is more stressful than I thought!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:17 AM
davidv

Did you find a 350Z in Texas? I mean it’s a huge damn state.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:32 AM
jackie chan

i am pretty sure he did, i located it for him and he said he was buying it
Old 11-23-2005, 05:01 AM
texmex517

I understand our friend's problem. I ordered my LeMans Sunset 06 Touring with Nav and XM because I could not find one with 6MT. Now I have to wait until the middle of January before it comes in!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:49 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by davidv
Did you find a 350Z in Texas? I mean it’s a huge damn state.
I quess not.