Old 01-28-2003, 08:15 AM
MovingViolation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-28-2003, 08:16 AM
MikeyDNY

Default Re: If it were just a salesperson,

Originally posted by aelius
of course, I would be suspect. But the same thing was being said by a general manager and a sales manager.

In the first case, my car already had been ordered. There was no point in his suggesting a price increase. In the second, none even was discussed as part of the purchase.

Too, if a price increase was intended to promote a sale, one would think that more dealers would be mentioning it.
Dealers have virtually NO inside knowledge about what a manufacturer will or will not do. You can almost always find out new info. here or elsewhere on the Internet before any dealer has a clue.

Who knows what their motivation is. Maybe they want to act like they are in the know or maybe they just want to perpetuate b.s. to anyone who will listen so that in some roundabout way current sales will improve.

The only way Nissan could increase the price 10% is if they cut production to about well under 1k Z's a month. Look for a 200-500 price increase for 2k4. A greater increase would be complete stupidy because look at the coming competition: rx-8, new s2k, possible supra.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:03 AM
cotmfk

In addition to the new competitors...

A new GTO will also take a bite out of sales. I know that a lot of people who had the Camaro and Trans/Am won't even consider a Mustang just becuase of the fact that it was the hated rival for so long. So, without an American alternative (before the GTO) they would have had to look at other markets....
Old 01-28-2003, 12:07 PM
abz123

The 3k increase might just be to order the convertible version. That's the only thing that makes sense. Has the prices for the convertible version been released.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:28 AM
cotmfk

That's a good point. No, the prices for the convertible have not been released, as far as I know.