Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

350Z Price increase!!! !

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 09:05 AM
cotmfk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by abz123
I think the 3k increase is a rumor.

As far as options are concern, this might have something to do with the new port worker contract....

Are most of the items that have increased in price port installed options?
As far as the options, it is stuff like the aero kit, mud guards, trunk mat, floor mats, etc... I think everything but the navigation system (although that one might be up by $100... I don't remember if it was originally $1899 or $1999 as it is now).
Old 01-27-2003, 09:08 AM
cotmfk

I went ahead any fully configured my car (the way I want it...), and the $3k price increase, if there is one to happen, has not yet been shown on the website. My total MSRP was just a few hundred over what it was originally.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:18 AM
ZpikeZ

I think Aelius is either:

1) totally brainwashed by his west coast dealer(s), or

2) trying to start this huge rumor and persuade us soon-to-be Z owners not to buy one to make his car more rare.

Aelius has <10 posts on every Z website, saying this exact same thing each time. He has no proof and the only evidence he has given is that he "has spoken to several dealers". Is something fishy about this guy or is it just me??
Old 01-27-2003, 09:59 AM
z-extreme

Talk about giving a guy a hart attack - I almost passed out from the shock of the intial statement. Heck I may push up my time of purchase to very soon.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:12 AM
rgreene

I hope this isn't true. My car is supposed to come in either March or April, my dealer has been very non specific about the date... I wonder if he is artificially pushing it out to get some more cash out of me.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:16 AM
WashUJon

I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor until there's some hard evidence straight from the horse's mouth. It would be assinine and disastrous for Nissan to jack the price up of this car 3k dollars in less than one production year. This car was specifically slotted to be marketed as a bargain. I can't possibly believe they'd throw that out the window when the company was hurting so badly. They're selling the VQ cars like crazy now (the maximas, altimas, 350Zs...).
Old 01-27-2003, 10:28 AM
TriX

Originally posted by WashUJon
I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor until there's some hard evidence straight from the horse's mouth. It would be assinine and disastrous for Nissan to jack the price up of this car 3k dollars in less than one production year. This car was specifically slotted to be marketed as a bargain. I can't possibly believe they'd throw that out the window when the company was hurting so badly. They're selling the VQ cars like crazy now (the maximas, altimas, 350Zs...).
I was a little worried but now I think its just BS. Nissan would kill themselves by having a higher end counterpart cheaper then the BASE model.

28,500 q35 c isn't it?

Base would run now at 29,850. Hmmm I can forgo the stick shift if need be and go with a automatic with the same engine and nicer interior.

I think there is a possibility of an increase on the additions but that is it. Its a little too early in the life of the car for such a sizeable increase in price. What do you guys think?
Old 01-27-2003, 11:30 AM
mcduck

Sounds like the increase is only on port installed options. The Nav system was originally, and still is, $1999
Old 01-27-2003, 12:18 PM
aelius

He has no proof and the only evidence he has given is that he "has spoken to several dealers". Is something fishy about this guy or is it just me??
I appreciate the importance of accurate information about a possible change in price.

All I can say is that salespersons at two different dealerships (in two different states) said that there was to be an increase in MSRP. The owner of one dealership here in California confirmed it, as did the sales manager at the dealership from which I bought my car. Yesterday, he said that he actually had called Nissan to verify the fact.

I've just called Nissan Customer Service a second time to check the case file that they had established last week. The representative said that there were NO PLANS AT THIS TIME to increase the MSRP.

One general manager and one sales manager saying that there is to be an increase; a customer service representative saying that there is not.

Last edited by aelius; 01-27-2003 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:46 PM
MikeyDNY

What is wrong with everyone?

When is the last time a mass produced car (yes 30k for a sports car is mass production) had a near 10% price increase mid-year (let alone from one year to the next)??

If the price went up 3k, demand would fall through the floor. Quit being so gullible. If you ask a car salesman, "Do you think prices will go up?" what do you think he is going to tell you? The truth?
Old 01-27-2003, 01:59 PM
aelius

Default If it were just a salesperson,

of course, I would be suspect. But the same thing was being said by a general manager and a sales manager.

In the first case, my car already had been ordered. There was no point in his suggesting a price increase. In the second, none even was discussed as part of the purchase.

Too, if a price increase was intended to promote a sale, one would think that more dealers would be mentioning it.

Last edited by aelius; 01-27-2003 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:04 PM
cotmfk

A lot fo dealers are of the mind set: "Sell as many cars as possible TODAY! Who cares what happens in the future" I think this may be what you encountered in your two different places. They could have inside info, but it just doesn't make sense to have such a hike. The options hike is true and has already taken effect, but it's not too much of a hike.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:18 PM
z-extreme

It looks like the trunk mat, splash guards, and kick plates each went up $10 bucks each. The car I want is sitting on the dealer lot, and I am just sitting here waiting to buy the car. I was planning on ordering the thing without any options then buying the mats and kickplates aftermarket. I guess I should just buy the thing and forget I ever heard this horrid rumor.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:51 PM

's Avatar

My car was bought in November and I just placed in the same options at the Nissan website. My car went up a whopping $30.00.
Old 01-27-2003, 03:37 PM
oneZ

I read this post this morning. I called a dealer in St. Louis (can't remeber the name). S/w Todd. He is very informative and up till now has shot straight with me. He posted a thread the other day offering Z's for under MSRP. He said the dealership had received a letter from nissan advising that there would be an increase in the MSRP. The letter stated it would be from 1-3%. That's not nearly as bad as $3k. He also told me that it wouldn't go in effect until the 2004 models.

Some of the other memebers here have delt with Todd and can also vouch for his character. 3% sounds a lot more realistic than 10%. Of course, I'd hope for 0% but I could live with 3%
Old 01-27-2003, 05:48 PM
cotmfk

3% is about what happens usually. That is at the very least, just to keep up with inflation.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:27 PM
soulswimmer

I had a dream last night that I was picking up an "04 base model no options daytona blue and the price was.....$27,350. I figure my dream has about as much weight in this discussion as what a car dealer says.
Old 01-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Wags

I can't see Nissan or the dealers raising the price, without any warning at contract time. But you made me get off my butt and read the contract (signed it in October, figured it was 'bout time I read it). On the back, the 1st additional clause states, that occasionally the manufacturer will raise prices to the dealer which may be passed on the the buyer in which case the buyer has the right of refusal.

What me worry

Drive it like you stole it
Old 01-28-2003, 06:52 AM
cotmfk

Originally posted by Wags
I can't see Nissan or the dealers raising the price, without any warning at contract time. But you made me get off my butt and read the contract (signed it in October, figured it was 'bout time I read it). On the back, the 1st additional clause states, that occasionally the manufacturer will raise prices to the dealer which may be passed on the the buyer in which case the buyer has the right of refusal.

What me worry

Drive it like you stole it
The most important part of that is "in which case, the buyer has the right of refusal." So, even if it did turn out to be true, which it doesn't look like it is, then there would be a way out.... and Nissan would lose tons of money, forcing them to revert to their old prices... or lower! lol
Old 01-28-2003, 07:38 AM
WayneTN

Default confusion on 3's?

Maybe what's happened here is that someone heard that it was going up 3% - or was going up "3" - and they throught they heard, or just assumed, $3k instead of 3%. I think 2 - 3% is pretty typical.

WayneTN