Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

** VPP Program ** Here is a link that will tell you everything you wanted to know...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 11:52 PM
leelinch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** VPP Program ** Here is a link that will tell you everything you wanted to know...

http://www.insidenissan.com/

For anyone that has any questions about the VPP program, this web site will answer your questions.

From my most recent call to the VPP folks, I know this:
350Z - not (yet) available for VPP discount
G35 coupe - not (yet) available for VPP discount
G35 sedan - AVAILABLE for VPP discount (at participating dealers)
Murano - not (yet) available for VPP discount
FX35/45 - AVAILABLE for VPP discount (at participating dealers)

I would call the NNA and/or check with your employeers to make sure your company does or does not have this VPP relationship with Nissan. Not sure if I would trust the typical dealer to let you know.

Let me tell you guys/gals. Today I went and looked at the FX35 and was blown away by its looks. Will probably go for a test drive sometime this week. My Z is not due until April, and so Im not married to any vechicle yet.

Car & Driver says the FX45 had the shortest stopping distance of andy SUV they had EVER tested, and was the 2nd fastest SUV they had EVER tested. Is also built on the Z platform (unlike the Murano) and has 20 inch wheels. Sweet !!! (FYI: the only difference between the FX35 and FX45 is the engine. FX45 comes with a V8)

Last edited by leelinch; 02-11-2003 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:21 AM
WayneTN

Default Re: ** VPP Program ** Here is a link that will tell you everything you wanted to know...

Originally posted by leelinch - her sig said....
www.RushLimbaugh.com - free your mind !!!
A conservative, a woman, and a car enthusiast! Don't you just love it?

WayneTN
Old 02-11-2003, 11:11 AM
SunsetZ

The FX45 is the best looking SUV I have every seen!
Wish I could afford to put one of those in the garage next to the Z.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Cheever

Nissan 350Z is available for VPP Purchases to NNA employees, immediate family, and extended family & friends.

Cheever
Old 02-15-2003, 11:37 PM
DBZ

Ok some clarification on this whole vpp program. Yes this program is available for Nissan employees, families and friends, however participation in this program is strictly voluntary for Nissan dealers, meaning that they can refuse to sell a Sentra through VPP if it had the type of demand that the Z has. There are NO vehicles off limits to this program, it is simply by choice that some dlrs may not participate on certain models, which is well within the rights of the Nissan dealer.

Here in Los Angeles, the first week the Murano was available, I had Universal, Tustin and Cerritos Nissan all willing to sell the Murano at VPP prices. I had an opportunity during the first week of January 2003 to purchase a non-navi Le Mans Sunset Track at Universal through the VPP, however declined, because this Z has been sitting on roof of the Universal Nissan lot since Thanksgiving 2002 and the finish is pretty horrible now. So many scratches on the finish that Zaino and clay would not cure it. There is also a paint blemish on the left hand front corner of the hood, so if anyone decides to go to Universal for this vehicle just make sure you look over the paint during the daytime before purchasing.

The only reason they offered me the vpp was because they had something like 8 Le Mans sunset Z's in stock and unfortunately it is not the most popular color in CA. Even for the mighty Z, at some point, dealers want their money back and not hold on to these vehicles indefinitely. So for those of you with an option for vpp, good luck and let me know if a dealer is willing to do VPP on a Z without so much paint damage.

Last edited by DBZ; 02-15-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Cheever

I've had no problem getting VPP on the Z. Of course, this is up here in the NE (not Los Angeles). They told me they could get any combination of Z and would sell it to me at VPP. I guess it doesn't hurt when they have 7 Z's sitting on the lot.

I also had no problem if I wanted to order a G35 Coupe at VPP back in January. Unfortunately, Infiniti changed the program before I put my deposit down on the order.

Cheever