Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

A Salesmans Plea

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 09:17 AM
John@Victory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and continue to lie or make up stuff you dont know about (which ever it is) ill continue to point out how much you dont know or what you are lying about
Old 09-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Antwerpman

Originally Posted by John@Victory
that is utter and complete bull-ish

the person that makes the most on a vehicle is the salesman (other than the owner) if you know how your managers get paid you would have never said that. they get paid between 1%-3% of the total gross on the store. your manager doesnt get paid out of the holdback. he did not make more than you selling the car. to even imply that is obsurd. he made a whooping 0 dollars if it was an invoice deal.

this is the thing that frustrates me the most. people that have no working knowledge of a dealership that speak up and talk about what they dont know/understand or flat out lie....
Okay, I'll give you that one, to a degree. Depending on the managment position they can make less than a salesman on the individual sale. For example however a Finance Manager has more than enough opportunity to make more on a deal when they sell thier warrantys and anything else back there. And yes GM's and GSM's make their smaller percentage, of the entire dealerships gross or the month, on top of salary. I do have the understanding of how things work, you being a car salesman especially should know how many different ways things can be percieved. So calm down, stay away with the fake forum profanity, and don't even dare accuse me of dishonesty.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:24 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by sq40; 09-08-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Antwerpman

your telling me you have never had a customer come in on a car and switched them to another you owned better and wasnt listed online yet so you could make money? Go tell the lies to someone else fella.....
All I'm saying is I want to be paid fairly for the work that I do. No I would not switch a customer to a car solely to make more money. I would do it if they were better suited to that car, if they liked it more, if it were something for them. Maybe in the ten years you've been in this business you've forgotten sales is customer service, we are here to help people with their car buying. Maybe I am in the wrong business because I have morals greater than that.
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Antwerpman
Okay, I'll give you that one, to a degree. Depending on the managment position they can make less than a salesman on the individual sale. For example however a Finance Manager has more than enough opportunity to make more on a deal when they sell thier warrantys and anything else back there. And yes GM's and GSM's make their smaller percentage, of the entire dealerships gross or the month, on top of salary. I do have the understanding of how things work, you being a car salesman especially should know how many different ways things can be percieved. So calm down, stay away with the fake forum profanity, and don't even dare accuse me of dishonesty.
If you Dont Like it, find another line of work.
John@Victory

ok and finance makes a whooping 2%to 4% and only get paid on back end proffit... after all chargebacks ect..... so where are they making more money than the salesman per car.... give it up man.... you are talking yourself deeper and deeper into a hole of stupidity
Old 09-08-2006, 09:29 AM
John@Victory

All I'm saying is I want to be paid fairly for the work that I do. No I would not switch a customer to a car solely to make more money. I would do it if they were better suited to that car, if they liked it more, if it were something for them. Maybe in the ten years you've been in this business you've forgotten sales is customer service, we are here to help people with their car buying. Maybe I am in the wrong business because I have morals greater than that.

LOL

ok

no i havent lost morals. but if i had a nicer car that i owned for less than the one they came in on and i could get them the same price as the lesser equipped one damn betcha i switch them... i get them more car for the money and i put more in my pocket to boot... win win situation for all parties involved.....

you are in the wrong bussiness not because of morals but because you havent the slightest earthly clue what your talking about and spreading mis information and lies
Old 09-08-2006, 09:29 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by sq40

BINGO!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Antwerpman

ok and finance makes a whooping 2%to 4% and only get paid on back end proffit... after all chargebacks ect..... so where are they making more money than the salesman per car.... give it up man.... you are talking yourself deeper and deeper into a hole of stupidity
Correct me if I'm wrong on this one too then; if on the front end there is no profit (a mini) and in the back end the Finance Manager holds $2,000 (a completely hypethetical amount) whether it be holding points or marking up warranties or anything else, isn't 2%-4% of that more than $100 (my dealerships current minimum)
Old 09-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Antwerpman

Originally Posted by sq40
Honestly, I hate sales. I love Nissan, and this is a good way to get my Z and further support Nissan. You can bet your life as soon as my Z is in my name with no lien I am out of here. BUT, while I am here I want to do well. Theres no point in doing something you want to if you're not going to do it well.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:40 AM
John@Victory

2% OR 4% OF 2K IS 40 TO 80 DOLLARS..and that isnt factoring in every dealership gets between 15k-40k a month in chargebacks...thought your dealership mini deal was 50 dollars ... thats what your first post was complaining about.... and you tell me not to call you dis honest? I JUST CAUGHT YOU IN A LIE!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Antwerpman

2% OR 4% OF 2K IS 40 TO 80 DOLLARS..and that isnt factoring in every dealership gets between 15k-40k a month in chargebacks...thought your dealership mini deal was 50 dollars ... thats what your first post was complaining about.... and you tell me not to call you dis honest? I JUST CAUGHT YOU IN A LIE!
"Here is the result, at the time a minimum deal (no matter how low the customer buys for we get something) was $50."

Are you the kind of car sales guy that never went to school? Try reading sometimes. And give up with the lying thing.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:39 AM
bonusfrag

Originally Posted by davidv
The buying process is a negotiation. It is my obligation to get the best price possible. A contract involves the exchange of two things of value. In this case a vehicle for money. I make an offer: you make a counter offer. If I don’t like the price, I can say no. If you do not like my offer, you can say no. The agreed upon price is just that: it must be agreed upon by both parties.

No one twisted my arm to buy the vehicle, and no one twisted yours to sell it.
+1
Old 09-08-2006, 10:41 AM
John@Victory

, isn't 2%-4% of that more than $100 (my dealerships current minimum)

read post 29 dude!!!!ok so what about this? oh i do read... you are the reason why us car guys have bad names.... go back to your key machine and pull the cars out and straighten them up. hopefully you are better at that than telling the truth ( we have already seen that you cant do that)
Old 09-08-2006, 10:44 AM
John@Victory

Thats why we wont do dealer trades(dx's) with you guys...your whole dealership is based off of lies and deciet.....
Old 09-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Antwerpman

read post 29 dude!!!!ok so what about this? oh i do read... you are the reason why us car guys have bad names.... go back to your key machine and pull the cars out and straighten them up. hopefully you are better at that than telling the truth ( we have already seen that you cant do that)
You've yet to prove my dishonesty. You never will because professionally and personally I do not lie, period. I don't even understand why you are attacking me more than anyone else, or at all. I first displayed no distaste for the way dealerships do things, I in a nutshell just said I wish consumers buying their new car would be more considerate to their spending in regards to their salesman. As a salesman who are you to argue with that?

I'll continue to concern myself with the opionions of my customers who often thank me for my honesty and good time here, rather than, well anyone else.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:59 AM
John@Victory

You've yet to prove my dishonesty. You never will because professionally and personally I do not lie, period. I don't even understand why you are attacking me more than anyone else, or at all. I first displayed no distaste for the way dealerships do things, I in a nutshell just said I wish consumers buying their new car would be more considerate to their spending in regards to their salesman. As a salesman who are you to argue with that?

I'll continue to concern myself with the opionions of my customers who often thank me for my honesty and good time here, rather than, well anyone else.

this whole thread is a lie fella! you cried about only making 25 dollars on a sale (50 dollar minimum split 2 ways) . then you turn around and state your mini deal is 100 dollars. then you state things such as you are the lowest man on the totum pole as far as pay per car goes. caught you in one lie after another... why am i attacking you as you say? because liars like you are the reason car dealers have a bad name! I know all about you guys at Antwerpen. you,Charlie and Bernard are the 3 biggest lying, theiving people ive ever ever seen
Old 09-08-2006, 11:05 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Salesman vs. Salesman!

Round 1! FIGHT!

Antwerpman --> <--John@Victory
Old 09-08-2006, 11:09 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by jtabraham
Salesman vs. Salesman!

Round 1! FIGHT!

Antwerpman --> <--John@Victory

actually im a Sales Manager not some little pimple faced little puke pretending to know cars....and lying about one thing after another...

it just pisses me off to no end when someone comes in and tells lies or spreads mis information about the car bussiness.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Antwerpman

this whole thread is a lie fella! you cried about only making 25 dollars on a sale (50 dollar minimum split 2 ways) . then you turn around and state your mini deal is 100 dollars. then you state things such as you are the lowest man on the totum pole as far as pay per car goes. caught you in one lie after another... why am i attacking you as you say? because liars like you are the reason car dealers have a bad name! I know all about you guys at Antwerpen. you,Charlie and Bernard are the 3 biggest lying, theiving people ive ever ever seen

Again, IF you could read and interpret the parts of speech that determine time "at the time/was" you would see that our minimum WAS $50 before. NOW it has been changed to $100. Does that make any sense? I don't know how else I can break that down.

I can't begin to describe how unprofessional and immature it is for you to use their names in a post. One, you are taking this waaaay too personally now. Two, Neither of them have been here in almost 6 months now and are irrelevant this anyway. I'll tell you flat out management back then did things that are not even legal. Why do you think they are gone? I am still here maintaining my honesty. Do you think I have control over what a General Manager does? I strive to do the best that I can, what management does above me, I can't control.

You will never prove that I have lied about anything because I have never lied about anything, especially in this business. You and I both know how bad something can come back to bite you in the *** if you lie. And I say this from observation, not experience. I don't even know how to approach the fact you keep insisting it's people like ME that give this business a bad name because that is such an empty ignorant accusation it blows my mind.

Quick Reply: A Salesmans Plea