Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Easy way to tell differences in 350z models

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 01:21 PM
wantboost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about for canadian model differences?? (also which had leather and heated seats and did the track have stiffer suspension?) andi cant find what model/years had rev up /hq etc

help please

Last edited by wantboost; 05-16-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:25 AM
R3belzBRN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my country for the 2003 we have only 2 models..

model 1:no brembo brakes, no leather seat and the rest its the same like the model below.

model 2:we have brembo brakes, leather seats, VDC button below the steering wheels,heated seats (which we have no use in my place as the weather is hot and humid all year round), no cruise control and no navigation system.

we doesnt have the choices like u guys got in the US.. there are base, Enthusiast, Touring, Track and etc..

But for the 2004 and above..all the 350z are sold with the model 2. no other options. =)
Old 06-02-2010, 08:01 PM
YoungBB

Ok..... I just got my hands on my 3rd Z and to be quite honest. I have no idea what's the difference between them. Hopefully someone can tell me what model I have. It has the following:
TPMS, HID, Leather seats (both power), Heated seats, Navi, Bose, cruise, Traction control on the lower panel, the aluminum trimming, and from what the guy said originally head brembos but he sold them when he upgraded to a BBK but then down graded to sell the car. He's been the only owner (carfax) and hasn't done many mods for look with the exeption of the LED's tails, and new Headlights. Any help would be appreciated. It's an '03 for the record.

thanks in advance
Old 01-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Moss07

i'm pretty sure mine is completely base except the wheels i put on it
Old 01-02-2011, 04:17 PM
bbs350z

Originally Posted by YoungBB
Ok..... I just got my hands on my 3rd Z and to be quite honest. I have no idea what's the difference between them. Hopefully someone can tell me what model I have. It has the following:
TPMS, HID, Leather seats (both power), Heated seats, Navi, Bose, cruise, Traction control on the lower panel, the aluminum trimming, and from what the guy said originally head brembos but he sold them when he upgraded to a BBK but then down graded to sell the car. He's been the only owner (carfax) and hasn't done many mods for look with the exeption of the LED's tails, and new Headlights. Any help would be appreciated. It's an '03 for the record.

thanks in advance

sounds like a touring. i dont think the track ever came with leather or bose or nav.
i have an 03 touring with no nav.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:04 AM
medic165

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
The way I was able to tell with my 2 350Z's was the quick look in the door. There's a sticker with the "birthday" of the car. I think if it's built after Jan of that year it's a 1/2.
Thats correct. I was able to look up my VIN and its a 2004.5
My sticker on the door say "01/04"
Another way to know if you got a 2004.5 is if you have knee pads on driver and passenger sides.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:38 AM
MrBret

Question

Ok so just to revive an old thread. I'm looking at getting an 03/04 350Z. I'd prefer the Touring or Track but I came across this one listed as the Enthusiast but it looks like it has electric (grey) leather seats and also the heated seat switches in the middle. Is this an Enthusiast with added leather seats or a Touring that they listed wrong?
The stereo has been changed so cant see if it was the Bose or not.
Also, if it is the Touring, does it have the sub behind the drivers seat?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/2686940760.html

Old 02-18-2012, 09:45 AM
treefiddyzeeh

Default Is this a Grand Touring?

I am having trouble figuring out if this is a track edition or a grand touring edition.

It is a 2006. I have a yellow touring package and am looking to buy this one even though it needs a little work, but I cant figure out which trim level this might be.

I see brembo brakes, leather seats/heated switches, cruise, volume, BOSE etc... Any ideas? What kind/size wheels do those look like?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Rob_Z

Ya im having a problem finding out the trim also Nissan tells me its a base but i have cruise, leather, heated seats 18" wheels and vdc button plus bose stereo. no nav and im sure it has vlsd but not proven. so i think i have a touring model.....anyone? oh and its a 2004.5 i believe bc it has a june 2004 build date.

edit: almost forgot no brembos!

Last edited by Rob_Z; 03-05-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: forgot about brembos....
Old 03-05-2012, 02:09 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob_Z
Ya im having a problem finding out the trim also Nissan tells me its a base but i have cruise, leather, heated seats 18" wheels and vdc button plus bose stereo. no nav and im sure it has vlsd but not proven. so i think i have a touring model.....anyone? oh and its a 2004.5 i believe bc it has a june 2004 build date.

edit: almost forgot no brembos!
I used to enjoy “What model is this?” until I found this reference:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowl...html?catid=253

Now everyone can figure it out.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Rob_Z

Ive checked that website and it doesnt have anything to tell me what trim i have. i guess ill have to assume i have a touring by the options i know i have and hope it has vlsd. ill know soon enough ill test it out myself soon.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Erwin06Z

Well I have a 2006 and when I purchased it, it was listed as an Enthusiast and the title also says that it is yet it has no leather, no cruise control, no VDC, no Bose.

Last edited by Erwin06Z; 03-30-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:01 AM
R Al Sayed

oki guys i have TCS under steering wheel
and crusie control on steering wheel
i have sport disc but not sure what is it brand
no heater switch

my car US specific

can anyone tell me what is my model ?

its 2005 manual
Old 05-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R Al Sayed
oki guys i have TCS under steering wheel
and crusie control on steering wheel
i have sport disc but not sure what is it brand
no heater switch

my car US specific

can anyone tell me what is my model ?

its 2005 manual
I'm guessing Enthusiast, unless you have Brembos... then maybe Performance.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:08 PM
chefssaltyballs

Default touring or grand touring ?

Ok guys so Looking at a 2005 at the stealership and they are saying its a grand touring.. But...... according to nissan, the grand touring didnt come on to the scene until 2006? there was only a Touring model ? it has heated leather seats brembo's gps etc.... it appears that both the touring and grand touring have brembos??? Hmm?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:29 AM
YoungBB

Originally Posted by chefssaltyballs
Ok guys so Looking at a 2005 at the stealership and they are saying its a grand touring.. But...... according to nissan, the grand touring didnt come on to the scene until 2006? there was only a Touring model ? it has heated leather seats brembo's gps etc.... it appears that both the touring and grand touring have brembos??? Hmm?
Same options as one I bought about a year ago and it was considered a touring. Not sure what the difference was between the touring and grand touring but I'm guessing just the HR
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anniversary Edition son.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 AM
YoungBB

Originally Posted by Deteria
Anniversary Edition son.
Had forgotten about the Anniversary. Good call!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
chefssaltyballs

Ok so i have the answer; quite simple really.... call any nissan stealership, as for the parts dept, tell them you are used car dealership and you need a vin lookup. they will run your vin and tell you exactly what vehicle you have. I was at a dealer trying to buy a touring roadster a few days ago, i questioned it not being a touring because it had no Brembo's. the dealer arrogantly called the dealer to prove me wrong because the car had heated seats and navi.... But the parts guy came back and said... "BASE" lol..... Since then when i went to look at a Z, i would just get the vin and call a different dealer and ask for parts DEpt.. works every time
Old 05-22-2012, 05:38 AM
YoungBB

Ok so i have the answer; quite simple really.... call any nissan stealership, as for the parts dept, tell them you are used car dealership and you need a vin lookup. they will run your vin and tell you exactly what vehicle you have. I was at a dealer trying to buy a touring roadster a few days ago, i questioned it not being a touring because it had no Brembo's. the dealer arrogantly called the dealer to prove me wrong because the car had heated seats and navi.... But the parts guy came back and said... "BASE" lol..... Since then when i went to look at a Z, i would just get the vin and call a different dealer and ask for parts DEpt.. works every time
NICE!!!

Quick Reply: Easy way to tell differences in 350z models