Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

msrp and ordering new?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003 | 08:20 PM
whitelight

Default msrp and ordering new?

Well I'm still few months away from having enough saved to be able to put the down payment as well as finance the way I want to, but I still had a question about purchasing. Sorry if this is an obvious question, but here goes.

Okay I've been reading this board a lot, and I know that it varies from dealer to dealer, as well as how well someone can negotiate a final price (getting under msrp, or just flat out msrp) for the Z...But my question is this: Are sales people still flexible for negotiating a price, (possibly at msrp or under) if you ORDERING a new car, and not picking one off of the lot? I mean maybe Im just being too picky, but I want my car completely new, no miles, having no one sat in it before, etc... So when I goto my dealer and say I want to order one, is he/she gonna be able/try to stick me for msrp+ ?? or is still going to be possible for me to get under msrp? I know all of this will vary with location, dealer, so on, but I was just wondering if someone had an experience or some advice for me. I guess my dilemma is choosing whether to wait for a brand new car/possibly have a higher price, or maybe finding one on the lot that maybe has few test miles on it, but at lower price? Any info or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

drew
Old 05-01-2003 | 04:55 AM
AndyB

Default Ordering no problem

My experience has been that ordering a car should not raise the price.

When you order a car you are basically helping the dealership. They can order a car they already have sold and they know in advance that they won't be paying finance charges for it as it sits on the lot waiting for a buyer. I always tell them "I'll take delivery as soon as it arrives, so you won;t be paying any interest on this car."

I'm with you, I like a car with nearly 0 miles on it. Give how I drove the 350z on MY test drive I don't want anyone to test drive mine! (picture the dukes of hazard coming around a corner sideways yeeeehaaaawwww)

AndyB
Old 05-01-2003 | 10:56 AM
labshark7

why do you need to order a car?

What are you looking for, exactly?

Cant you find it in your area?

Why not have it shipped from the West Coast, where there are hundreds upon hundreds of Z's.

It costs only $400.00 to ship a car anywhere in the U.S.,

Your dealer can trade as well,
Eric
Old 05-01-2003 | 06:57 PM
whitelight

eric-

Well the thing is, I'm still probably not gonna get my Z for few more months down the road, so i thought it was a little early to start searching for which car I want. I mean dont get me wrong, I already know I want a Silverstone Peformance, and options I'll probly be flexible on (no navi though ). And I never thought about shipping for west coast, so I'll keep it in mind depending on what they have in my area when I buy. Also does anyone know possible pricing on the Z for 2004? I know Nissan has the roadster coming out, so will that have any effect on pricing of the coupe?

thanks

drew