Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

FINALLY!!! A 6MT Roadster avail! But i'm upside down on my loan, so....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:52 AM
ZPHILE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyzmd80
Now you all know how the "mortgage crisis" came about!!! Some people never get it!!

OUCH!!! The truth hurts SO bad.......
Old 05-21-2008, 11:27 AM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by gregom
I can always repaint it I guess, but it will never be as good as the original quality OEM paint.
I have to disagree with you there.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:28 AM
sintaxeror

Originally Posted by TrueEmperor
I'd honestly keep what you got right now... I did the same mistake and im not even 20 yet, well in 8 days i will be... but i went from an 06 Scion tC to an 06 Z and was 2k upsidedown, then i recently sold my Z last year in july, and now driving an 07 Corolla.. also, i was 10k upsidedown when i purchased my corolla for $24k... talk about debt...
But think of all the gas you'll save! =)
Old 05-21-2008, 11:32 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through the same thing. Spent months looking for a 06 ppw forst interior blue top. I kept finding 5ATs. Finally, the last one I found was a stupid low price and I just gave in. I boosted it to make up for it
Keep searching btw. I picked up my 06 Touring with 12K for $28.4K. That was last March.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:28 PM
WhiteNoiz

Not here you cant...

are you sure? I would check with Dennis Dillon.

Aside from that, sounds like you would lose money on your trade, taxes etc, your talkin a lot a money to get the 6mt man. I would hold out unless you have a grip a cash.

Funny seeing all the Boise comments. Believe it or not, we have a very hot summer, a ZR, s2k, etc is fine... lots a soft tops around here. Idaho always gets the redneck bias...were only half rednecks over here We typicly only get snow a few times a year (accept for this last winter).

Good seeing another member from my city!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the OP.

phug it and be upside down a little.

we all lose money on cars and it's always a good feeling to drive what you want. If you keep the AT, you'll always have that nagging feeling inside that'll never go away, til you pull the trigger!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:51 PM
gregom

Originally Posted by WhiteNoiz
are you sure? I would check with Dennis Dillon.

Aside from that, sounds like you would lose money on your trade, taxes etc, your talkin a lot a money to get the 6mt man. I would hold out unless you have a grip a cash.

Funny seeing all the Boise comments. Believe it or not, we have a very hot summer, a ZR, s2k, etc is fine... lots a soft tops around here. Idaho always gets the redneck bias...were only half rednecks over here We typicly only get snow a few times a year (accept for this last winter).

Good seeing another member from my city!!!
You work there? lol... I haven't checked them, but i've checked online and there are some new car prices listed too and all the 08 ZR's seem to be going for 40K+. I guess it cant hurt to stop by though and check. I didn't see any when I was there a month ago to get the oil changed and the real axle clicking TSB taken care of.

As for losing money... of course I will, cars are horrible because of this. Sometimes you can be incredibly patient and frugal and get a good deal on a used car, but for the most part your getting screwed out of money. Either way... I'm willing to loose a couple grand to get the damn car I want, but i'm not even sure if it will be that much. I need to talk to the owner tomorrow and get more details. Either way this may be my only option to get what I want.

As for the comment about Boise I ignored it, not even worth trying... People don't think it gets above 80 here I guess...
Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Motero
Banned

You work there? lol... I haven't checked them, but i've checked online and there are some new car prices listed too and all the 08 ZR's seem to be going for 40K+. I guess it cant hurt to stop by though and check. I didn't see any when I was there a month ago to get the oil changed and the real axle clicking TSB taken care of.

As for losing money... of course I will, cars are horrible because of this. Sometimes you can be incredibly patient and frugal and get a good deal on a used car, but for the most part your getting screwed out of money. Either way... I'm willing to loose a couple grand to get the damn car I want, but i'm not even sure if it will be that much. I need to talk to the owner tomorrow and get more details. Either way this may be my only option to get what I want.

As for the comment about Boise I ignored it, not even worth trying... People don't think it gets above 80 here I guess...

Now i know why americans get in so much debt...

You dont learn from your mistakes do you? You made a mistake buying an overpriced car that you didnt want. Now youre going to go upside down 10k for a car you dont want...

Come on bro, youre going to go upside down, just to have a 6mt, you have to be kidding me.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 AM
WhiteNoiz

Nope, dont work there. I just didnt think the 08s were that much. I would check if I were you, at least just to see what all my options are. I havent seen any Z's there for a while either, accept one silver coupe, and I think its gone now. I just had them do the TSB for axel clicking also, but its actually worse than it was before, so I'm going to take it back to them. I had them change my oil too because my oil pan was being replaced...long story, see my "please help, hit rock" thread haha <--not so haha at the time. I had them put in synthetic, but whatever synthetic they use sucks. The VQ seems to vaporize that ish. I normally do my own oil changes and use Castrol syntec, switching to the German Castrol next week. With Castrol, I checked my oil at about 2400 miles after the oil change, 1/4 qt low. With the ish the stealership used, 1 qt at 2600 miles... who knows if they even filled it all the way up. I guess my point is that doing your own oil changes is the way to go for several reasons.

I realize that we all lose money on car deals, but it just seems like you would be out A LOT of money in the long run. If you got the cash, go for it I'm just giving the best advise/opinion I can.

Boise/Idaho comments always crack me up. My favorite one is "wheres that?"

Old 05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Brick-Z

If you do it, it is only the beginning of a viscous cycle. Enjoy your current car and pay it down.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
chickenputo

Let me know if you manage to sell your '04.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:48 PM
gregom

I dunno you guys must of missed it, but the dealer I got my Z from said he will find me a 6MT at an auction and get it shipped here then essentially trade me. If this goes through then i'll have what I want without going more in debt. This is my best bet...

BTW WhiteNoiz I did go check out Dennis Dillon, they have a San Marino Blue 08 ZR GT for $43,800 or something. So I don't think thats a way to go...
Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 AM
KManZ
Banned

I'd honestly keep what you got right now... I did the same mistake and im not even 20 yet, well in 8 days i will be... but i went from an 06 Scion tC to an 06 Z and was 2k upsidedown, then i recently sold my Z last year in july, and now driving an 07 Corolla.. also, i was 10k upsidedown when i purchased my corolla for $24k... talk about debt...
Not even 20 and you have tied yourself down for at least the next 4-6 years I feel for you there and hope that the Corolla will allow you to pay that negative down. At least you will be saving on gas and maint. costs along the way.

OP: Speaking from personal exp., stick with your current; make double payments, whatever, to get that thing's current cost in line with the market cost, and sell it privately to set you back to $0. Then you can feel good knowing that you won't be horse collared under a mountain of inequitable debt while driving the EXACT car that you want.

Saying "oh, a little more debt won't hurt to drive exactly what I want" is fine for now, but if you suddenly need to sell or want something else, you are stuck. I played that game and lost BIG TIME, so after that I have made it a point to pay my car down to where, if I sell, I will come out at least even. Currently I am making double payments on my '07, and within about 3 months know that I could actually make a profit if I sell, and it will be paid off a year faster.

So yeah: keep and pay it down, you'll thank yourself in the long run. As for the dealer finding you the right car, more than likely the coffee stained piece of scrap paper they wrote that on is buried under a heap of other similar looking junk in the back filing cabinet on the sales manager's office. AKA you are better off waiting and finding it yourself.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:29 AM
07rdsterGT

Originally Posted by ZPHILE
I don't advise it. BUT, if you look around other areas - say Calif. You can get a fantastic deal on a NEW '07. Big incentives to get rid of them. Just picked up a NEW '08 ZR SMB 6MT for $35,118. They offered me '07's (not right color) for around $33k. Check website carbuyingtips dot com for the best advice ever in buying cars. My price above was $900 BELOW invoice.

H.
He's right. I just picked up my 07 grand touring roadster for 32.5 (almost 10k below MSRP)
Old 05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Master Shake

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno you guys must of missed it, but the dealer I got my Z from said he will find me a 6MT at an auction and get it shipped here then essentially trade me. If this goes through then i'll have what I want without going more in debt. This is my best bet...

BTW WhiteNoiz I did go check out Dennis Dillon, they have a San Marino Blue 08 ZR GT for $43,800 or something. So I don't think thats a way to go...
Is a dealer auction a good way to go? Don't cars go up for auction only after the dealer couldn't sell it (for whatever reason)? To me, this would imply something was wrong with the car -- or maybe it was a former rental?
Old 05-23-2008, 05:35 PM
TrueEmperor

Originally Posted by flyzmd80
Now you all know how the "mortgage crisis" came about!!! Some people never get it!!
im just that much of an enthusiast just as much as everybody else here man..
Old 05-25-2008, 06:49 AM
JMT

This 06 Z at the dealer is 6 speed and has Navigation, which I will use.... ONly problem is the color, its silver. I can live with it but I want the San Marino Blue.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the San Marino Blue came out with the 2007 model year. 2006 was still the Daytona Blue.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/..._metallic.html
Old 05-25-2008, 11:59 AM
gregom

Originally Posted by JMT
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the San Marino Blue came out with the 2007 model year. 2006 was still the Daytona Blue.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/..._metallic.html
Yeah I discovered that... So i'm looking for another white one then.

The dealership whitenoiz recommended I check out has a 08 ZR in the SM Blue... its a very nice color but looks a bit too dark in person. Way diff than how Nissan depicts the color on their site. I really only like white for some reason so i'm going to stick with that if I can.

But needless to say, its a lot easier to get a car painted than getting the transmission changed.

Last edited by gregom; 05-25-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:38 AM
zeekle

What's wrong with the 06's? They eat a lot of oil? As much as the RX-8's? Ehh not that big of a deal...

I'm already upside down, trying to sell now is better than trying to sell later. I don't care about losing a couple grand its going to happen anyway.
Well the oil consumption problem is a little more worrisome than that.

right now you are as upside down as you are going to get... it is always better to sell later than to sell now.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:00 AM
bankZ 173

i purchased my corolla for $24k...
Ouch...

Quick Reply: FINALLY!!! A 6MT Roadster avail! But i'm upside down on my loan, so....