Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Is 34.5k OTD good for a 08 nismo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009 | 07:00 AM
TongMan

I also don't understand why they wanted to charge us a 6.5% apr interest with my 716 fico and my dads 798 fico score... They were really trying to rip me off!
Old 01-17-2009 | 09:03 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Do your/dad's fico scores qualify for the 1.9% rate?

Maybe the dealer is trying to make their money off financing since price they offered is so low.
Old 01-17-2009 | 09:03 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by TongMan
I also don't understand why they wanted to charge us a 6.5% apr interest with my 716 fico and my dads 798 fico score... They were really trying to rip me off!
fico score is not the full story.. your income, then dept to income, all play in. 6.5% is not a horrible rate, but obviously not like incentive financing.

I will tell you this, 34otd on a nismo is not something I consider a good deal. I would spend a few grand more on a 370. The 350 and even the nismo are yesterdays news and are sitting on the curb waiting for the trash man. You drive that nismo off the lot and you just lost an easy 10 grand if not more....
so figure the 6.5% rate as a blessing. Use this opportunity to get into a 370
Old 01-17-2009 | 12:09 PM
TongMan

i see now...the terms are 1.9% for 60 months or $2,500 cash back.

I'm so glad I didn't take the deal. The dealership was gonna rape me if I did took it with their 6.5%.

Last edited by TongMan; 01-17-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2009 | 04:13 PM
dhays

i see now...the terms are 1.9% for 60 months or $2,500 cash back.

I'm so glad I didn't take the deal. The dealership was gonna rape me if I did took it with their 6.5%.
Dare I ask what your Dad's credit score has to do with you buying a new car?

If you don't want to pay interest the answer is simple, don't borrow the money.
Old 01-17-2009 | 04:52 PM
TongMan

they wanted my dad to cosign with me because i have a current auto loan with toyota.
Old 01-17-2009 | 05:34 PM
New JerZ

do what u want but if you or your dad's situation changes and for some reason u need to get rid of the car its not going to be worth jack **** compared to what you paid. Get a 07 leftover nismo or get one thats very gently used off of a lot and save yourself the heartache of massive depreciation. Just my .02. Take it or leave it.
Old 01-17-2009 | 09:54 PM
StoneZtech

Dude!! Get what you want!

If you want New never been touch 08 NISMO go for it.

There are going to be tons of 370z on the roads in 2 years or more but the NISMO Z!! you be lucky if you see one.

I have yet to see 1 NISMO 350z on road, and like to keep it that way.

As time goes on the NISMO will become very rair car and all the people who have one will be happy they have one.

The NISMO has a lot of very cool thing's the 350z a and 370z do not have.

And if you pay 35K for one and keep it forever then so be it, I will be holding on to my NISMO as weekend only car for as long as I live, there are tons of sports cars out there that made come back that are 25 years old.

look at 240z?? people who have them still love them and show them off.

Do what makes you happy, I would not buy 370z to many thing's they have done to the car to make it more DD then just Road monster you drive on weekends!!
Old 01-17-2009 | 10:47 PM
dhays

they wanted my dad to cosign with me because i have a current auto loan with toyota.
If they don't want to loan you the money, sounds to me as if you really can't afford another car loan anyway. They want your Dad to cosign because they looked at your income/debt and figured you weren't a good risk. If an auto finance company thinks you are a bad risk, then there really isn't any way you should be borrowing more. Good grief, you haven't even paid for the first car! Pay off the loan on the Toy and then consider buying another car. New JerZ gave good advice.
Old 01-17-2009 | 11:09 PM
TongMan

ok guys thanks for the advice...
Old 01-18-2009 | 12:42 AM
jumisu

hey man idk if i'm to late but i picked up my 08 enthusiast in the 25's, mid 26's otd, good luck man,
Old 01-18-2009 | 04:35 AM
ag0240

yeah i also picked up my 08 enthusiast for 25 otd. just know all your options
Old 01-18-2009 | 07:55 AM
StoneZtech

wow, guys don't get it!!!

NISMO far more car then Enth The car was Built by Autech not NISSAN!!

So keep talking about dam Base or Enth?? Really
Old 01-18-2009 | 08:26 AM
zerafian

Not sure if I missed it but the only question is does the OP want the nismo for its looks and the fact that only a certain amount were built. Or does he want a Z to mod the hell out of it.
The nismo Z is nice but since you can save 10k and get a new 08' and make it look better then a nismo Z for that price the 08' would be a better option. From what I remember there is not a single performance difference from the nismo Z from a regualr Z

Im pretty sure thats why we continue to talk about the enthusiast 08'
Old 01-18-2009 | 08:48 AM
dhays

Originally Posted by zerafian
Not sure if I missed it but the only question is does the OP want the nismo for its looks and the fact that only a certain amount were built. Or does he want a Z to mod the hell out of it.
The nismo Z is nice but since you can save 10k and get a new 08' and make it look better then a nismo Z for that price the 08' would be a better option. From what I remember there is not a single performance difference from the nismo Z from a regualr Z

Im pretty sure thats why we continue to talk about the enthusiast 08'
I don't think the OP really said why he was interested in the car at all. I think there is an appeal to have a limited edition car. I may make fun it, but I certainly understand it.

It is similar to the 3rd gen RX-7 R1/2s that I keep looking at. There were sold in this country in 1993/1994. The motor and turbos in the R1 and R2 are the same as the the other 3rd gen RX-7s. They aren't any faster. They had a slightly different body kit than the base or touring models, suede seats, and limited audio compared to the touring. The did have a stiffer suspension and duel rather than single oil coolers. Like the NISMO, the R1 wasn't any faster, it just handled a bit better. The real advantage the R1 had was the duel oil coolers which actually can be important on the twin turbo rotary. Even though with new cat-back, springs/shocks, and an aftermarket oil cooler a base or touring quickly becomes a nicer car than the R1, I'd like an R1 for a number of reasons.

So after 15 years, the R1 is a pretty rare car. Even so, you can find a very few pristine stock R1s out there and they are still selling only in the mid-teens. Sure that is a higher value than your basic 15 year old sedan, but they certainly are not appreciating as some NISMO owners seem to think theirs will.

If you love the look of the NISMO, if you want to frame that certificate, if you like being able to tell folks that you have one of only 1605 (or whatever it is) cars that were produced, then buy a NISMO. What most folks are saying to the OP is that you should really understand the high costs of buying a new car that is already dated by the just/released newer model.

If you want a NISMO, there are good '07's out there for sale that you could pick up a lot cheaper.
Old 01-18-2009 | 08:49 AM
vanos954

Everyone needs to remember OTD price in california is 10 - 11% higher than the sales price due to full sales tax on vehicles (7.75% - 8.25% depending on county) plus tax, title, and registration fees. So basically it's about 31K for the Nismo and then fees on top of that which doesn't seem to bad in my opinion. Maybe 33K OTD would be a stellar deal but 34.5 isn't bad for California. I'd get them to work on the APR though on the loan and get it down more like 5 - 5.5 % or finance through a credit union if you are a member, they usually have better rates.
Old 01-18-2009 | 01:09 PM
usgpru27

At the end of the day you can not mod up a regular Z to be a nismo as you cannot weld and do the frame work that is the platform for the Nismo. It is differant and if you like it you should get it. Personally I do not let deals not happen for a few thousand dollars.. My 08 Nismo was 30K even out the door. Not sure why so low but it was an E-bay deal. I got lucky. If it was 34OTD I would still be happy. Love the car.
Old 01-19-2009 | 02:08 AM
dhays

Originally Posted by usgpru27
My 08 Nismo was 30K even out the door. Not sure why so low but it was an E-bay deal. I got lucky. If it was 34OTD I would still be happy. Love the car.
Now that was an amazing deal!
Old 01-19-2009 | 07:20 AM
usgpru27

I still do not know why they went so low.. And it was a buy it now. Nothing wrong with the car.. Its great.. I thought that maybe nissan had an additional rebate on them. I posted my deal so that others may be able to leverage as needed. I think it depends more on where the car is than anything else. The dealer is willing to hang on to it if they know someone will come in an buy it for a high price. I live in central jersey and there is $$ here. Deals are luke warm at best..
Old 01-30-2009 | 11:59 AM
TongMan

UPDATE: The dealership kept calling me about the Nismo. It seems like the car is not moving at all. I need to go in and make another counter offer. Any suggestions?

BTW, if I buy it before Feb 2nd, I qualify for the 1.9% APR for 60 months.

Last edited by TongMan; 01-30-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Is 34.5k OTD good for a 08 nismo?