Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Need advice, Finance 350z or Lease a 370

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:34 PM
jpdaballa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice, Finance 350z or Lease a 370

If you guys were in my position what would you do.... I kind of want to own the car so I can paint it matte white, but at the same time it would be nice to be in a new car

Anyways I went into a couple Nissan dealerships and the best deal they gave me on a 370z was stock with 3grand down and 400 a month before taxes

then I went to my dad’s friends used car dealership, asked him about a 2007 350z he said when he goes into auctions he sees them for about 13,000 sometimes more sometimes less. I told him I’ll give him 2 grand more than whatever he buys it for but he said the most he'll take is 500

So in the end I can have a used 350z with some options for nothing down 350 a month about, and I’ll own the car in the end

Or a stock new 370z leased for 36 months with 3 grand down about 420 a month

In my position what would you do?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:56 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leasing is a waste of money, unless you have money burn.

At least, when you're done paying for your car, you'll own the car and have $ in your pocket, instead of paying for the car, then having to return it and taking in a new payment. Just a waste, IMO. Others will differ from me, but that's my perspective, and I've leased 2 cars prior to my purchase.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

sounds like you are shopping based on monthly payment. not really motivated to give advice to someone foolish.

how could we possibly give you a reasonable opinion anyways? we don't know your financial situation. we can only offer very generic opinionated advice.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:07 PM
iceman21_23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your worried about payments why are you even talking about painting the car? you do realize doing a good matte white paint job will cost upwards of 5 grand right?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:08 PM
F34RL355
Banned

^+1, did you check out leasing a ferrari id go for that.. but its you money....
Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
xenonZ

put more than 3 grand for a down payment... Don't buy a car solely based on monthly payments. You also have to factor in insurance.. which will be at least another 100 bucks a month. Plus gas etc.. doesn't seem like you have factored all the variables into your equation. Do it right from the start and forget about that paint job until you have paid off the car.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:17 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I would buy what I could afford. Do not, I repeat, do not get into a lease. That is just a waste of money.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Entaille

Just saw the word balla in your screen name. So balla you might have to lease a vehicle to get the monthly payment where you want it.

how old are you?
Old 12-14-2009, 02:37 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Get a 370Z and wrap it white. When the lease is over unwrap the car and give it back.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:25 PM
jpdaballa

To answer your questions I just turned 19 a couple days ago, I’ve been working since 15 and been saving for a car I really want.

Either leasing or financing wont be a problem like I said. Not worried about making payments I’m paying over 700 for my range rover now and the lease is up in March, I took over my dad’s payments after 2 years of him having the car.

I do however feel like the lease payment is to high on a $30,000 car no offense, was wondering what price range everyone else is paying

Reasons I was asking for price was i was wondering if maybe I’m getting ripped off or getting a deal.

My dad’s best friend owns a body shop, I won't be paying for the paint job it’s a birthday present to me.

And I believe insurance was $125 a month on full coverage under my dad’s name, don’t quote me not to sure. (on the 350z)

18mpg on the 350z sure beats the hell out of the 10 I'm getting in a range rover. I'll obviously be saving money

David I don't know to much about stickering if that what you're talking about when you say wrap it, if you can please pm me or just post here pros and cons vs. painting.

Last edited by jpdaballa; 12-14-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Entaille

suspicions confirmed.

anyways, one thing I will say is to never shop for a car based on monthly payment amount. monthly payment means **** - zero indication of a good deal, bad deal. there are so many ways a dealer can play with the numbers, terms, APR, duration etc, to get the payment where you like it. you need to be agreeing to solid numbers as opposed to something flexible.

paying 28,000$ for a new 370z is a good deal. paying xxx/mo for a 370z is always questionable. got me?
Old 12-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Entaille

pros to wrapping:

protects original paint
more affordable
can have different appearances that paint cannot easily achieve
can revert back to stock paint color easily (especially useful for leases

there are more, and obvious cons, just think about it.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
jpdaballa

Yeah that makes sense, I guess I won't be leasing the 370z then,

I'm going to an auction this sat, I’ll be looking for a 2007 350z.

Can someone confirm this for me.... banks don't give out loans for salvaged cars?

Just making sure, you never know what you might come across... although like anyone I’d obviously prefer if it wasn't salvaged...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Entaille

correct, most banks have their own loan criteria for the vehicle in question, you should verify with whoever is pre-approving you before you pull the trigger at an auction.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 PM
dhays

Originally Posted by jpdaballa
To answer your questions I just turned 19 a couple days ago, I’ve been working since 15 and been saving for a car I really want.
19 years old. You are a kid! (not that there is anything wrong with that) Here are some things you might want to think about, even though I'm sure you won't.

What are your goals for your life and what are you doing to get there?
What is your job now, what type of job/career do you want to have in the future?
How is taking out a loan to buy a car that will be worth nothing in 5 years help move you towards your goals?

Driving a nice car may seem like an important thing right now, believe me though, in the over all scheme, it is nothing.

You haven't been saving for the car you want, it sounds like you have been saving for the car loan you want. Car loans are one of the worst ways to waste money, second only to drugs, hookers, and car leases. If you want to buy a car, take the money you have saved and buy a inexpensive car straight up with cash. You will be way ahead of the game after a couple of years.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:06 AM
F34RL355
Banned

^ you only live once get what you want, but loans and **** are BS much better paying cash i recently dropped a bunch of savings like 33k on used 08 roadster but **** it my account just replenishes itself cause i dont have no loan to worry about
Old 12-16-2009, 07:22 AM
jubes

Yeah that makes sense, I guess I won't be leasing the 370z then,

I'm going to an auction this sat, I’ll be looking for a 2007 350z.

Can someone confirm this for me.... banks don't give out loans for salvaged cars?

Just making sure, you never know what you might come across... although like anyone I’d obviously prefer if it wasn't salvaged...
First off, if you were to finance a car, I would suggest looking into a local credit union versus a large corp. bank. Reason being some local credit unions will offer lower interest rates than the larger banks would. Some even offer incentives because they are affiliated with certain dealerships. I would try that first, so you can compare interest rates between the two.

2nd, I, personally, would not purchase a salvaged car because of its questionable past. Yes, some salvaged cars are theft recovery or an impound dweller but others are ones that have been in major accidents where the frame was damaged or some other major incident like being flooded or burned at one point. If you're going to finance a car, you might as well finance a car with a good clean title, not someone else's headache. But again, that is IMO.

Lastly, if you're paying $700 and you are 19, I will give you credit... that is very hard for a 19 year old to maintain (depending on your financial background) but that alone is a mortgage payment for some people in certain places. I just hope you're next purchase, you will be wise on your decision and realize that you should look towards your future, as one has noted here, and invest that money into things that are more promising such as a home or the money market, a car is not a financial investment, it's just a tool for it.

GL on your purchase. My

Last edited by jubes; 12-16-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:34 AM
BornSlippyZ

I would save more money to put down on a Z and I would never lease a sports car. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:46 AM
ITOzann

Originally Posted by dhays
19 years old. You are a kid! (not that there is anything wrong with that) Here are some things you might want to think about, even though I'm sure you won't.

What are your goals for your life and what are you doing to get there?
What is your job now, what type of job/career do you want to have in the future?
How is taking out a loan to buy a car that will be worth nothing in 5 years help move you towards your goals?

Driving a nice car may seem like an important thing right now, believe me though, in the over all scheme, it is nothing.

You haven't been saving for the car you want, it sounds like you have been saving for the car loan you want. Car loans are one of the worst ways to waste money, second only to drugs, hookers, and car leases. If you want to buy a car, take the money you have saved and buy a inexpensive car straight up with cash. You will be way ahead of the game after a couple of years.
^1 Listen to the man.. Don't make your life complicated. One you get the car it'll be hard to deal with the payments, insurance, maintenance.. or mods... Buy something you can afford with your savings, so you'll make it through school without streesing out or working long shift
Old 01-23-2010, 03:33 AM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either leasing or financing wont be a problem like I said. Not worried about making payments I’m paying over 700 for my range rover now and the lease is up in March, I took over my dad’s payments after 2 years of him having the car.

I do however feel like the lease payment is to high on a $30,000 car no offense, was wondering what price range everyone else is paying

Reasons I was asking for price was i was wondering if maybe I’m getting ripped off or getting a deal.

My dad’s best friend owns a body shop, I won't be paying for the paint job it’s a birthday present to me.

And I believe insurance was $125 a month on full coverage under my dad’s name, don’t quote me not to sure. (on the 350z)

18mpg on the 350z sure beats the hell out of the 10 I'm getting in a range rover. I'll obviously be saving money

David I don't know to much about stickering if that what you're talking about when you say wrap it, if you can please pm me or just post here pros and cons vs. painting.

cool... life is short do whatever you feel like doing within ur ability. I was 22 when i bought my Z. before that i had been dreaming about it since 17... but no money.. daddy is not rich.. so no car for me. but when i had the ability i bought it.

but dont rush into buying it. wait... think about it over and over again... you might lose ur job and u might not be able to pay for gas.

just something to think about:

gas weekly: ~$70
maintenance is expensive too.. unless you can do it yourself...

if u get into an accident then ur insurance will be skyrocketed... i got into an accident once and my insurance right now is $3200 for the whole year....<<<<i was not driving a Z when this happened... it was a corolla!!.. not my fault really but insurance put down as my fault... (((engine got cut off and start rolling back from the top of the hill. I braked but the guy behind was tail gating me)))

-------------------------------------------------

anyways where is that friend of your dad? i was just wonder if he can hook me up //// is it a salvage title from the auction? or clean title ? i heard there are some repossession cars auctions.. thanks

oh yeah.. DON'T LEASE....

UNLESS u want new car every 3 years or 5 and dont mind making payment for $400 some every month..

Last edited by sssmasss; 01-23-2010 at 03:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Need advice, Finance 350z or Lease a 370