Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

is this a fair price of an 07 z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:33 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z46
Alright thanks, yeah i can see i am getting ripped off but the z i looked at in person has a lot of options, forgot to mention its manual, which i want.Its really nice, but yeah i shouldn't pay 27k for it. I think 23k or 24k out the door should be a fair price, i really fell in love with the orange/yellowish on black leather seats . I hope they drop the price down that low, they wanted 27,500 originally but across the street at their other store, the guy was giving me a 370z for 29k before taxes.... so yeah i knocked down to 25,250 but with taxes it was back up to 27k. gonna try to shave off another 3k at least.
Too much. Offer $23,325.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:25 AM
jamesdean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 09-13-2010, 09:23 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree with everyone else. if it was 10-12k miles then that price would be fair
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM
350z46

Originally Posted by davidv
Too much. Offer $23,325.
ok, say i offer that amount. Should i pay that amount with taxes included? cause if not it will end up to 25k.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:07 PM
dirtbikr

Don't walk out the door with the car unless it's 23k including taxes in their pocket and keys to the 07 in yours. Of course, you can always make your own decisions, but patience is a virtue. I've been searching for an 07-08 350 Touring with a stick for over a year now in my area, and not ONE has popped up.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
350z46

Just called the sales guy and told him id do 24k out the door including taxes, and he laughed at my offer:P so i told him to refund my $500 hold on the car and he told me to wait and he'd speak with his manager and he'd get back at me hehe, lets see how it goes
Old 09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
350z46

27k taxes included for an 08 nismo with 15k miles, is that reasonable? cause i think i got another deal going on here..
Old 09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Italianjoe1

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought my '08 Nismo 1.5 years ago for about 32K incl tax, it had 800 miles on it.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:37 PM
davidv

ok, say i offer that amount. Should i pay that amount with taxes included? cause if not it will end up to 25k.
$23,325 plus taxes. Anything less and I think you are pushing it.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:39 PM
davidv

27k taxes included for an 08 nismo with 15k miles, is that reasonable? cause i think i got another deal going on here..
No way. Another $3,000 and you get a 370Z.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:27 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtbikr
Don't walk out the door with the car unless it's 23k including taxes in their pocket and keys to the 07 in yours. Of course, you can always make your own decisions, but patience is a virtue. I've been searching for an 07-08 350 Touring with a stick for over a year now in my area, and not ONE has popped up.
No manual HR Touring 350Zs in Phoenix? You're kidding. . .

Just called the sales guy and told him id do 24k out the door including taxes, and he laughed at my offer:P so i told him to refund my $500 hold on the car and he told me to wait and he'd speak with his manager and he'd get back at me hehe, lets see how it goes
They are supposed to laugh at your offer. Otherwise you are offering too much. I have never left a deposit on a car, so not sure what they are pulling on you there.

I'm a day late on this discussion, but yes, they were taking it to you for both the price of the Z and your trade-in value. I bet they showed you a Kelly Blue Book print out proving that their asking price was fair. If so, they probably showed you a bunch of "add on options" like leather, that are actually standard on that model Z so they are NOT options. It's a typical dealer tactic, and you have to call BS on them.

No way. Another $3,000 and you get a 370Z.
Agreed.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Romanteni

Oh gosh.. Plz buddy, I did see that you're 20, and I can see you're inexperienced in dealing with dealers. First of all you made several mistakes. NEVER leave a deposit on the car. The deposit doesn't hold the car for you, it holds YOU to the car/dealership.
Don't ever do deposits, its just a "scam" sort to say.
Also, the whole sales process is just a mind game, to make you think you're wrong, to challenge your "ego" (oh you can't afford this car, here look at this geo metro instead) etc etc. So, take your time, make it clear salesman is a salesman, not your buddy, and make sure to research, always sleep on it, and TAKE your time. Remember, if they're being SUPER nice to you and running around you like a bee- means the salesman is about to make some good commission.
Perfect sales pitch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TROhlThs9qY
Watch that and you'll the the perfect sales attitude.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:32 AM
davidv

With respect if you make me an offer on the phone I will reject it. Why? There is no money on the telephone.

Show me the money!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Romanteni

With respect if you make me an offer on the phone I will reject it. Why? There is no money on the telephone.

Show me the money!
Good sales people won't give you numbers on phone. Their strategy is to get you in, then talk numbers. You can't make a move on phone, so no point for them to give you a killer deal until you're sitting at their desk. And even then, you can still negotiate once you're in the financial managers office about to sign papers. You can negotiate on everything, extended warranty (which they WILL try to sell you) maintenance, they'll throw in all-weather mats for free etc etc or like 5 oil changes haha.

Just remember do research, print out similar sales from around in your area and bring them in. And KNOW what you're talking about. You don't want to be buying bull sh*t like "oh this car is loaded with options, it has a steering wheel, 4 wheels, POWER windows, and even the clutch comes with the 6mt transmission!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
350z46

thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it. got lots to learn still, going back in to re-talk numbers. if they do 23k with taxes or 24k i am most likely buying the car. The car is a silver stone color with burnt orange leather seats, i heard that combo is rare or something? is this true?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Romanteni

thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it. got lots to learn still, going back in to re-talk numbers. if they do 23k with taxes or 24k i am most likely buying the car. The car is a silver stone color with burnt orange leather seats, i heard that combo is rare or something? is this true?
If they do 23k out the door, think, how long you're willing to keep it? If I was going to spend 23k on the car, and I DO like it, I'd say its pretty good deal.

The dealers asking starting price can be a joke, so if they say "oh we're knocking off whole 1000 bucks off asking price", you can say "well, first your asking price has to make sense" or something. Get the drift? Don't work from their asking number, work from your offer. I'd say 23k out the door, but NO more then 24k. But then again, its not a common color combo, but not "rare" where it would increase value of the car.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:43 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the Edmunds True Market Value of that car optioned as it is? What is Edmunds TMV for your car as a trade-in? You should never talk trade-in until you have whittled down every penny on the car you are buying, then say you may be interested in trading in your vehicle (though never smart).

What is the Kelly Blue Book RETAIL for that vehicle? What was the Kelly Blue Book TRADE-IN for your vehicle? Are they giving you the full trade-in value (definitely not), so they why should you pay near retail? Remember, make sure to know the model you are buying and what THAT model comes with as standard, as they will probably try to ADD it as an option and say, "see? It's priced fairly" Don't think they don't pull that crap - they do (they have on me!)

For example, KBB allows them to add leather as an option, though it comes STANDARD in the pricing of a touring model. Same with Bose stereo, 18" wheels, etc. It's like buying a car that only comes with power windows from the factory, but the software allows them to add it into the pricing.

I was serious when I said they should laugh. Same crap happened when I bought our Titan. It was overpriced and they added standard things into the pricing. I made my offer and I had to leave. They came running to the car to see if we could "work something out" and I said they already had my offer. They called that afternoon and had me come back in to sign the papers. . . THEN I said I would trade my car in if they could match the Infinit dealer's offer to buy it straight up (which I added a few 100 bucks to anyway) and they did.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Romanteni

Yeah I agree with scott. I forgot to mention not to even mention a trade in. As soon as you mention trade in, they are fighting on 2 fronts. They are trying to make profit on trade in, AND on sale. So deal with sale first, once thats worked out and you're happy to sign papers, then deal with trade in. But yeah, Scott's is perfect example of how negotiations with dealer should go.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:57 PM
350z46

went in today and they wouldn't budge, so i just left...time to continue my search :P
Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 PM
MDHRZ

I'll sell you mine for 31k

Quick Reply: is this a fair price of an 07 z?