Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

University student looking to buy a z?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:02 PM
henwhee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the great input everyone!
kinda been afk due to midterms but yeah

im glad to hear the gas consumption on the car isn't TOO bad, sucks that it uses premium gas though (correct me if i'm wrong!)

i have a girlfriend, and i want a two seater because im sick all my friends asking me for a ride (it's really hard to say no when they ask you straight up for a ride, and everyone already knows me as "the nice guy with the car"), i'd rather be known as "the guy with the nice car" :P

it's also not that my social circle requires me to get a nice car, but in fact i guess i like the ego-boost of being having the nicest car out of my friends. not a big deal since most of them don't even have cars, but i guess my brother has sort of influenced me as he's spending money where it counts - stuff that shows.

he doesn't eat fancy dinners, doesn't go on alot of vacations, but has a nice car, nice motorcycle, and nice house.. and he feels great having all of them

bmw 330ci is a nice car, but i hate the e46s, and e90s are out of my budget. plus the maintenance on them would cost a fortune, and my brother wouldn't be able to help out as much
Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

After 12 months maybe the 350Z is not for you. Have you looked at the RSX. You get performance AND reliability in a single package?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Itzcashew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When people say Nissan are reliable they're not talking about all the little things that goes wrong with it.

I've thrown more money into my Z in 6 months than I did to my 07 Civic which i bought brand new. If you do buy a Z, just remember. DONT NIT PICK AT IT. The more you nit pick the more likely you'll buy random things that is not of use and waste your money. I mean....really Nismo shift ****? Not useful.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
dillonboyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im with you. Im going to get my z saturday. I start college in a month. But ive had a truck payment since i was 17. My grandma got me a 2003 Dodge Ram, and while it wasnt in my name, i paid for every cent of that thing. And while i loved the truck, the gas was ridiculous. I sold that to my dad, bought an r6, paid most of it off, and now am buying my Z. Ive just kind of cam to the decision that a bike is just wayy too dangerous to commute in. So the r6 is being sold soon after i get the z. Ive wanted a z since i saw one as a kid, and have worked my *** off to get to this point of buying. I came from a 1992 Nissan 240sx that cost $650, that i bought for my first car. So before i get flamed for being the 18 year old kid with a Z, ive had my share of two shitty cars, that humbled me, and decided to finally buy the car of my dreams, so ill get a little better than my truck on gas mileage! But my tuition is payed for on scholarship ( doing good in school pays off!) and i get 9000 back a year plus my job! So ive worked hard for this thing. LIke they said though, if you live on campus, your car will just get dinged up. I live about 20 miles from mine, so i just live here for free. Get what you want man. Just make sure you can afford it!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a plan, and no BS do it. I got my Z in my Freshman year while I was starting Computer Engineering. I set my plan and paid it off long ago. Now, next year I'll have a double BS in Physics and Engineering. Even though no one agreed with my plan when I try to ask for an advice, I still went with it. I had to budget on everything for 2 years. Kinda regret lol...

Just one little thing, do you really need an r6 and a 350z while you are in college? I would set to one in order to save headaches, maintenance money, insurance, gas, etc....

Last edited by ITOzann; 07-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.