Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

What is the best lease price I can get for a Z? What are you paying?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 08:13 PM
meeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best lease price I can get for a Z? What are you paying?

I want a Z.

What is the best monthly payment for an 04 enthusiast? I will put roughly $3000 down and would like to lease 36 months 10K miles a year.

Also, what are you paying monthly for your Z?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2003, 09:30 PM
dchengmd

First of all, don't lease until you learn everything you can about what leasing involves. I highly recommend reading everything on the LeaseGuide website and learn about how to negotiate the best cap cost for your lease.

A good place to get very competitive lease rates (based on your FICO score) is LeaseCompare. Visit their site and use the online form to get an instant quote. You'll need the MSRP of the car, cap cost, length of lease term, your estimated FICO credit score, and how many miles/year you want.

With this information, you can take the quote to the dealer and see if they can beat it. REMEMBER - DO NOT NEGOTIATE MONTHLY PAYMENTS - NEGOTIATE CAP COST AND MONEY FACTOR.

I am leasing thru LeaseCompare and ended up paying about $550/month for a 3-year, 45000 mile lease for a 2004 Touring Z.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:36 PM
dchengmd

Oh, and one more thing - try to make as little of a down payment as you can if you're going to lease. Or, if you're planning to trade in a car, consider selling it yourself for cash to use for the monthly payments. The reason why is because if you put down a chunk of cash (or a traded in car) and end up totaling the leased car during your lease term, your insurance and gap insurance will pay off the cost of the car but you will not get your down payment back.

I did not put any money down on my lease and my drive-off cost was only about $1300. I suggest you put the $3000 you were originally going to use as a down payment in the bank and just use it to help make the monthly payments. True, your monthly payment will be higher if you don't put any money down or trade in a car, but you're taking a risk of losing all that value if the new car gets wrecked or stolen. And overall the total amount you pay over the term of the lease is almost the same.