Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Pissed off almost owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Jmen70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pissed off almost owner

OK just venting I bought my car on May 25 2012 and now its Aug 10 and I have not received my title to register my car and my temp plates expired on Aug the 1st and they do not want to send be another temp plate to drive around with until I get my plates, I bought the car in Illinois and I live in Indiana. I have called the dealer numerous times and they are giving me the run around on where my title is at for the car. I called a other Nissan Dealer and asked what the SOP for out of state buyers and they said I pay for the car and the taxes from Indiana there and they will send my title to me to get my plates, I have bought other cars from Illinois dealers and never had this much of a problem getting my paper work. I am so mad and pissed off I don't know what to do thinking of just dropping the car off back to the dealer and getting a lawyer. Anyone have any clues. The Autobarn of Evanston suck donkey dodo
Old 08-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

You paid and drove away without a title? I never hand over any money until the title is in my hands...
Old 08-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Jmen70

got a loan for the car and the loan company doesn't have the title either and they are not getting any info from the dealer so something just don't sound right.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Syner

Something definitely doesn't sound right. I wouldn't have signed any papers for a loan or accepted the keys for the car without the title. Best of luck.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:05 AM
end of z world

Oh ****...
Old 08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car prolly has a lein on it..if so ur gonna be waiting forever
Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Syner
You paid and drove away without a title? I never hand over any money until the title is in my hands...
Works differently in the US. Buy the car from a dealer, it goes to the State DMV, reissued in the owner's or lien holder's name, and sent.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 AM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmen70
The Autobarn of Evanston suck donkey dodo
Well that's your problem right there, you bought a car from a place called Autobarn. J/k hope all ends well, lawyer is the way to go. Or check with the DMV.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Syner

Originally Posted by 122554
Works differently in the US. Buy the car from a dealer, it goes to the State DMV, reissued in the owner's or lien holder's name, and sent.
That's insane, I never knew that! Doesn't really leave much protection for you? I feel sorry for you guys.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
starvinmrvn

Well technically your bank should be worried...They are the ones who forked over the money and have yet to secure the note. Trust me they will work it out...If you financed locally and know your loan officer speak with them.

I am assuming you know that you will not have the title in your possesion till the car is paid off.

Last edited by starvinmrvn; 08-10-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:17 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's terrible..it should have been mailed to you around the 1 month mark. I hate driving around with temp plates.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:46 AM
realist alive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just relax sometimes it takes are local governments and banks time to process these things. I work for a bank and the process is
1)you come in get approved for a certain amount
2)you go to the dealer with the approved amount and buy the car
3)the dealer sends the paperwork to the bank to get paid
4)then the bank contacts the DMV to place its lien on the title
5)then you send prof of insurance to the bank or forced insurance gets placed on the car by the bank
6) then the DMV releases a tag to you or send you a registration sticker to place on the tag you already have.

most likely you will never get a title because they are electronic now 75% of the time, second you do not own the car if you purchased it with a loan. the bank has the title. third after you pay the car off they will not send you the title, they send it to the DMV to release the lien then you can request a copy of the title because it is most likely electronic.

So just wait or drive to the DMV and demand a new temp tag they will give it to you because they know this stuff takes time. and most likely you will get the tag in less then a week after you get the new temp tag.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Jmen70

ok went to autobarn on friday and they needed my emissions test to get my plates out to the Indiana DMV. it has been 2 month and they just now said they needed that paperwork my question is why, they couldnt answer that the lender was still waiting for the title to be sent to them. they could not give me another temp plate as it is against the law to issue more then one and the manager gave me dealer plates to use and said they would rush my paper work to the DMV to get my plates out, another thing they charge me 7.5 percent on the indiana taxes and its only 7 and my plates they charged me 500.00 and its only 172ish when i ask they said that i will be getting a check later on for my overages that where charged to me. i am still not liking this stuff they are saying because the indiana DMV said that there is no rush process on the plates guess they are blowing smoke so they have a few day until i get a lawyer involved this sucks.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:22 PM
mattleegee

sounds right, emissions and taxes then you can get plates
you wont see the title, your bank has it
Old 08-14-2012, 02:46 AM
Jmen70

yes emissions and taxes but i live out of state and they have nothing to do with my plates or emissions, i called 5 other Nissan dealers and asked what the SOP on out of state buyers and all 5 said the same thing and they do not know what this dealer is doing, ok placed a call to Nissan Consumer Affairs they said to give them until Wed or Thur at the latest since the dealer has not returned there calls and the lady didn't seem to happy or she was blowing smoke. All they asked is what has been done so far and just as i stated on my first post, so lets see what this does for me, as much as i like my car a lot seem to think its not worth all this trouble....stupid dealer.........

Last edited by Jmen70; 08-14-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You said you got loan, so you won't get a title. The financial institute holds on to the title until the loan is paid off. They need to work it out with the dealer you purchased from to acquire the title.