About to get my 1st Z. Advice/Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 AM
GrunDy225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to get my 1st Z. Advice/Opinions

Afternoon all.

So the other day I found out insurance was cheap enough for me to get this baby

Come to you guys for advice/opinions on this one i've found and any other Z i might buy. As I know with experience there are always little things that crop up on certain cars if not taken care of.

Currently own a 1.8T Golf GTI MK4. But want something for eye catching and faster!

Currently have my heart set on this, and if the money goes through will be getting it next week...Unless i'm not spotting something you guys can!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/1?logcode=p

One thing I noticed was most 350's have Brembo Breaks, this does not. Is this a genuine Fairlady and how come this model doesn't have the leather interior with the heated seats? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Any comments would be appreciated and will hopefully be around here more often soon enough!

Thanks guys.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 AM
hookah

The first thing you should do is READ THIS, it has the answers to anything you can ask at this point. You can also search because similar topics have been made countless times.

Not all models have leather seats and BREMBO brakes.

Base: 3.5L V6 with 287hp/274 ft-lbs of tq., 17" rims. Only available in 6-speed MT. No VLSD, cruise control.

Enthusiast: Added Cruise Control, HID headlights, Aluminum pedals, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, VLSD, and TCS. Available in either 6-speed MT or 5-speed AT.

Performance: Adds VDC , 18" rims (18"x8" all around). Only available with 6-speed MT.

Touring: Adds Leather seats w/ power adjust-ability, Bose sound system, and optional DVD Navigation. Available in either 6-speed MT or 5-speed AT.

Track: Adds 18" Rays Track Rims (18"x8" front, 18"x8.5" rear, approx. 18.3 lbs per rim), Brembo Big Brake Kit, underbody aero kit w/ rear hatch spoiler. Only available in 6-speed MT.

Last edited by hookah; 01-14-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:04 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Hookah, I think the models are different outside of the US. I could be wrong though.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 AM
GrunDy225

Aye sorry for the general post. Just wanted to get some views on that car and see what you guys think.

Thanks for the replies
Old 01-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Collin Lacy

My car has ~74000 miles on it, and this is whats gone wrong:

Bad bushings. Our car has a bunch and they all seem to disintegrate at some point or another. Keep an eye on your front control arms.

Bad alignment. Especially if you lower it, the alignment seems to just get outta wack. I bought a lifetime alignment at my local shop.

Bad window motors. A poor design combined with windows that slide down than roll up when you close the door leads to an early death. If yours are still good maybe get in there and clean them right away, prolong the life.

The plastic engine shield got ripped off of my car, so I bought the aluminum zspeed one.