Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

The Bottom Line with my Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:00 AM
chickenputo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Bottom Line with my Z

Ok. Many of you may have seen my numerous threads and attempts to get out of my Z and into a more fuel efficient vehicle. After numerous attempts at dealers I have come to the following conclusions:

1. Every single dealer I have been to tells me the same thing. "That car has been a in a major accident and still has signs of frame damage. The body work done to it was poor and the paint job is evidence of this". The average values my car at $8,000 dollars less than I paid. One BMW dealership valued my car at $6,000 flat stating the car was unsellable and they would never take it, also considering the title history shows I am the 4th owner. They recommended I return to the dealer I purchased it from and raise hell, which I plan on doing. You can only imagine my outrage from all of this.

2. I have a noticed a few minor mechanical flaws on the car but never paid much attention to them until now: the air conditioner will start blowing air full blast for a minute without it being even on. The audiopilot on the radio malfunctions from time to time raising the volume without any need. And the most significant, the engine will stutter sometimes when turned on.

3. So herein lies my plan of action: I am going to take my car to several body shops for a full evaluation and for written statements claiming the vehicle has signs of significant damage and work. I am going to consult with a consumer rights lawyer to see if I have a case against the dealer. I am going to go straight to the GM of the dealer to give them the chance to make things right without involving any other parties.

Here are a few details of the car for reference:

2004 Nissan 350Z Touring Roadster
Purchased with 29K miles (I have my suspicions it has odometer fraud)
Carfax report is clean
Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle

This violation of consumer rights will not be taken lightly and I will raise hell until settled!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Whitey#1

i hope everything works out for you. and just relax, one day in the near future everything will be taken care of and your life will be less stressful. take it from someone who has been there. i bought a used Corvette from a Used Car lot, and before i got it home (70 miles) it needed $1,500 worth of repairs. when i contacted the previous owner he told me all these things were wrong with it when he traded it in, and the place that sold it to me was aware of all of these problems.

i contacted the State Attorney Generals office, and they were pretty much useless. the Used Car place refused to help, so i was basically hosed. got it fixed, up and running okay, kept it about a year, and then sold it.

you'll be fine. just relax and take it in stride.

Mike
Old 06-20-2008, 09:56 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

A litigations lawyer is the way to go--Jewish ones are EXCELLENT! Good luck.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:56 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You may have a case. Before buying you certainly cannot be expected to climb under the car for an inspection.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:59 AM
chickenputo

"Certified Pre-Owned" FTL. I'm going to the body shops tomorrow to see what's up. Will update.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Master Shake

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chickenputo
...Carfax report is clean
Nissan Certified Pre-Owned vehicle...
Did you run the Carfax before you bought the car? Doesn't Carfax offer some sort of protection or insurance if their report doesn't include major damage?

If Carfax is no help, then try contacting Nissan HQ -- regarding the Nissan Certified Pre-Owned claim.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:05 PM
06dieselZ

Carfax has a buyback guarantee. They WILL buy back your car.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:25 AM
chickenputo

yeah I read about the Carfax buyback but I haven't found any info on how it works exactly or the terms and conditions of it. I'm going to do a little research on that.

*EDIT: As it turns out the buyback guarantee only applies if it was registered within 90 days of purchasing the vehicle. I never did this and it has been 5 months since.

Last edited by chickenputo; 06-22-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 AM
chickenputo

whoa! haven't been on here in 3 years...

Now that that nightmare is over, here I am ready to take the plunge again. I am about || that close to buying an '07 ZR. Pretty stoked about it!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Destroyeron

So what happened?