Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Can I afford a 350z? Read This Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Moussa93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I afford a 350z? Read This Thread

Hi there,
A few months ago, I was creating the same thread and asking for questions to see if I could afford a Nissan 350Z. Now, a few months later, I am creating this thread to help those who are in the same case I was.

If you're wondering if you can afford a 350z (Not if you want it... If you can afford it), this thread might help you...

So here are some factors that you might consider before buying a 350Z

1/ The Financial Aspect
I don't want to get into wages or salary because everything varies by state, but you have to know something for sure, that car can be expensive. If you want to do everything right (maintenance, modding..., ), you'll have to use that credit card.
How much do you save per month? Would you be able to keep up with the car payments, the increase of your insurance premium and the 93 Octane? Would you be able to save on the top of that for the maintenance cost (New clutch, for example... ), the modding (Suspension, Exhaust... ). I am talking about modding because one doesn't simply get a 350z and keep it stock
Now, if you think that the answer is no, you have two options...
*1 / Buy a Civic
*2/ Work your butt off, find another job, get a raise... Kill yourself to do what you have to do.
Personally, I went with the 2nd choice. I was 18, working part time and was just making $10/hour. When I decided that I wanted a 350, I really changed things up. Better job, way better wage, bigger savings and a couple months later, I was able to get an HR 350z, save enough for the mods I wanted to do and now I am enjoying it.

Does it fit?
Well, it depends.
If you're married, three kids, four dogs and five cats, this is certainly not the car for you. If you are single or have a girlfriend and don't need a lot of space, I'd say go for it.
Remember though, the Z is a two seater and a car without a lot of storage space (I figured when I needed to put my new exhaust in my trunk... ) and if you need that extra space, this is not a car for you.

Some might think that this is not worth a thread but that's just some basic / common sense and we repeat it too often.

So to sum up: If you are saving enough every month and will still save some with the payments, maintenance and modding, I'd say go for it. Still, if you're not saving enough, try to find a better job, work hard, get a raise or anything that could bring more money and enjoy it.

And remember, You Gotta Pay to Play

Last edited by Moussa93; 03-09-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:00 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Moussa93
Hi there,
A few months ago, I was creating the same thread and asking for questions to see if I could afford a Nissan 350Z. Now, a few months later, I am creating this thread to help those who are in the same case I was.

If you're wondering if you can afford a 350z (Not if you want it... If you can afford it), this thread might help you...

So here are some factors that you might consider before buying a 350Z

1/ The Financial Aspect
I don't want to get into wages or salary because everything varies by state, but you have to know something for sure, that car can be expensive. If you want to do everything right (maintenance, modding..., ), you'll have to use that credit card.
How much do you save per month? Would you be able to keep up with the car payments, the increase of your insurance premium and the 93 Octane? Would you be able to save on the top of that for the maintenance cost (New clutch, for example... ), the modding (Suspension, Exhaust... ). I am talking about modding because one doesn't simply get a 350z and keep it stock
Now, if you think that the answer is no, you have two options...
*1 / Buy a Civic
*2/ Work your butt off, find another job, get a raise... Kill yourself to do what you have to do.
Personally, I went with the 2nd choice. I was 18, working part time and was just making $10/hour. When I decided that I wanted a 350, I really changed things up. Better job, way better wage, bigger savings and a couple months later, I was able to get an HR 350z, save enough for the mods I wanted to do and now I am enjoying it.

Does it fit?
Well, it depends.
If you're married, three kids, four dogs and five cats, this is certainly not the car for you. If you are single or have a girlfriend and don't need a lot of space, I'd say go for it.
Remember though, the Z is a two seater and a car without a lot of storage space (I figured when I needed to put my new exhaust in my trunk... ) and if you need that extra space, this is not a car for you.

Some might think that this is not worth a thread but that's just some basic / common sense and we repeat it too often.

So to sum up: If you are saving enough every month and will still save some with the payments, maintenance and modding, I'd say go for it. Still, if you're not saving enough, try to find a better job, work hard, get a raise or anything that could bring more money and enjoy it.

And remember, You Gotta Pay to Play

hmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 PM
2k6-z33

Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 PM
FlamesOFDarknes

The thing is I could afford my Z. Paid it off at the moment I bought it. Still has one more car payment and come Oct of this year, that car will be paid off and I can purchase a GT-R...but noooo...no need any more debt, I will save for the GT-R instead. But, than I need a house so not so fast. My goal is to own a 350z, GT-R, Corvette, and a MKIV TT Supra in my garage one day.

I have 2 kids and and live in an apartment, a 350z is good for me. Even though it's a 2-seater I get to enjoy it every day going to work and on the weekends.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:24 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you sure you want to buy a house in Detroit?

I'm sure there are some "steals" on the market, but isn't the future economically pretty grim?