Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Used 2007 Nissan 350z with accident history

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
murtaza.hussain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used 2007 Nissan 350z with accident history

Hey Guys,

I need some advice purchasing a Used 2007 Nissan 350z Grand Touring with 65k km's for $15,000. Condition of the car is excellent as the seller is an auto enthuisiast and maintains a strong collection of cars in his garage.

March 2012, the car was involved in an accident, The car slid under a truck at a stop light. The engine hood, front bumper, front fender, radiator, condenser, headlights and a bunch of mounting bracket were replaced. No frame or power train/mechanical damage. Damaged fixed at good autobody shop Total price of repair: $7,000. The seller is seems very honest, has all details of the vehicle, and frankly wants to sell it before winter.

2 owners on the car. This seller bought it from a Nissan dealership with about 40k km on it. There is a 15 km warranty left on it with the dealer. The seller is also throwing in a set of Blizzark winter tires along with the summer ones on the car.

Is this a good deal or am I getting myself into headaches down the road with an accident listed car?

Car pic attached.

Thank you for the help!!
Attached Thumbnails Used 2007 Nissan 350z with accident history-nissan-350z.jpg  
Old 08-23-2013, 10:11 AM
pyshin

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

If he's as honest as you say... I'm sure he has detailed pictures of the accident as soon as it happened for insurance purposes... Did he show you those? How about the work report from the shop it was repaired at?

Either way it's not worth $15k without a clean title IMHO.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:32 AM
murtaza.hussain

He gave me a full damage report and the things I mentioned were all replaced. I can ask him for pics though.

Based on my research, the price is lower by about 4-5k than market valve. It's tougher to z's in canada for lower prices than in the states.

Originally Posted by pyshin
If he's as honest as you say... I'm sure he has detailed pictures of the accident as soon as it happened for insurance purposes... Did he show you those? How about the work report from the shop it was repaired at?

Either way it's not worth $15k without a clean title IMHO.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

In Canada this is a great price for a 07 Grand Touring with only (the equivalent of) 40,000 miles. The price represents more than enough compensation for the diminished value because of the accident repair.

Look at it this way. This car is 7 years old, if you keep it for another 5 years it will be 12 years old. At this point buyers care more about a car’s mileage, and how it looks and drives. Past repairs factor in less and less with a car’s age.

The repairs were cosmetic in nature and the car’s title remains in good order. (it was not written off and re-titled with a salvage title etc.)

If you are in Vancouver, get me to negotiate the final price for you. According to the men here I’m such a b!tch, auto enthusiasts like the present owner, will willingly knock off an additional $1500 just to be rid of me.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:22 PM
doshoru

Get the accident photos, and have the car examined by somebody you trust for frame damage and/or engine replacement.

If it checks out, that's actually a damn good price -- for a Grand Touring....brembos are the only thing I'd care about, but it also comes with Bose, leather, and some other junk.

If the damage extends anything beyond "cosmetic"....walk away.

edit: I guess I didn't mean engine "replacement" since that is rather easily discovered. But make sure it was clear of the impact/crumple zone or whatever.

Last edited by doshoru; 08-23-2013 at 03:24 PM.