Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

$30,000 Loan

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 06:46 AM
marhot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the story, kid, it was good for a laugh.
… he took me for a Test drive…
Yeah, you got that part right, you were definitely taken for a ride! I’m sure the salesman all had a good laugh after you left. They were just messing with you because it was obvious you were not serious and probably not very respectful. How do I know?
… the sales person was an idiot of course…
That’s not very respectful. They are just people trying to do a job. I was an “idiot salesman” once, a hundred years ago. Frankly, I didn’t like it, (many because of kids like you) but it was work and I had a family to support. Something you have no concept of. But I tried to treat everyone with respect and courtesy.

zand02max was correct.
DO YOU know why the dealer was going to give you $9K for your 98LX 4 cyl Accord 4 Door? Its because they were trying to sell you a $29K car for $37K.
But once again yobri sums up this entire thread
virtually everyone on this board tried to give you practical advice on financial matters that you would have no idea about (except through hard knock lessons, which everyone here was trying to spare you). And you interpret the 'experienced' advice (that you asked for) as some type of insinuation that we on this board are 'hating' on you for getting a Z or something?
No one here is ‘hating’ on you. Regardless what you think of this post, I don't hate you. Like I’ve said before I have kids your age. The reason for my sermon and the advice of others here is to HELP you, kid. I’ve made so many mistakes and foolish decisions in my life that I always appreciate everyone’s advice and opinions, even today. I’ll always listen to someone and consider his or her advice --regardless of age. I’ve learned so much on this site from guys half my age.

You’ve got a lot to learn. Good luck.

Peace.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:51 PM
RedShft

Originally posted by Azn03Z

I'm looking into the M3's probably next year or so.
and you're worried about insurance???? if you're an inexperience driver with a car that says "B...M...W" then you WILL get raped.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:55 PM
RedShft

Originally posted by mc350z
my local dealership has over 10 Z's in stock and is giving discounts on them.
what dealer is this? where is Clemmons in relation with Charlotte? they got any base models or enthusiast?
Old 02-07-2004, 01:35 PM
350Z-VDC=Bandit

Default Hey man

JUST READ THE WHOLE POST LIKE I DID FOR YOU.

Ok you sound alot like I did when I was looking for an RX-7. I think that everyone in this forum has your best intrests at heart eventhough you may not and don't see it. I am 21 and normaly shut up when "Grown Folks" talk I didn't listen to my pops when he told me to not buy an RX-7. I had just gotten back from Kuwait
and thought I knew everything and had the T shirt to prove it. Long story short 1 month after I got the 7 someone stole it and wrecked it. I got deployed to Iraq in April. I have done and seen **** on your behalf that you will not ever want to even dream of. I came home on leave and picked up a 350Z touring everything but satnav and only paid 31,096. I am telling you that you do not want to spend that money on a Z or any other car untill you are in a position to make LARGE amounts of money. I had writen a whole bunch more but I figure that it would just be my time wasted because SOME LESSONS ARE BETTER LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

Later,
Scott
Old 02-07-2004, 04:51 PM
RedShft

its modern nissan in winston-salem

but if you live in charlotte go to modern nissan in lake norman up on 77 ask for brian basham he is the GM there and my friend.. he will give you the best deal possible
damn, sounds like there are a lot of moder nissan's...the concord dealership where im at is modern nissan. thanks though.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:23 AM
RedShft

hey i like your sig... do you know where Quentin got that from?
i sure dont, my best guess would be the bible, which is pretty obvious.....enlighten me though if you know.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:41 PM
RedShft

well its supposed to be from Ezekiel 25:17 but its really not except for a word or two

its from the first of a 70's Sonny Chiba(ya know the guy from Kill Bill) movie called the "Bodyguard"

the only difference is it says....... and you will know my name is Chiba the body guard........

just a little useless info since this ever entertaining thread is obviously over with. well fun while it lasted!
thats interesting. i havent seen Kill Bill yet but i want too, ive been meaning to go out and rent it.

btw....i dunno if you've heard of these sites or not...but check out www.carolinahondas.com, dont worry, there are a lot of people on their that are non honda owners and its a good place to meet people around you. there is also www.carolinanissans.com but they are new, i think they only have maybe 100 members or so, like 25 of them are regular posters. just thought id share with ya.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:30 AM
tbridis

>>lol dont hate cuz i dont like the Z. and yea im gonna pay 37,000 for a stupid Z LOL.<<

$37k maybe for a Roadster, but no way a coupe will run that much; they must have seen you coming ("young kid, on his own, we'll see how much we can take advantage of him financially").

Thing is, you couldn't afford this car, even for $30k. You said your dad gives you $1,500/month:

_ A $30k note will cost you $601/month over 5 years at 7.5%

_ Insurance will run $200-$300/month

_ Gas $60-$100/month depending on mileage

So, collectively, that's as much as 2/3 of your gross pay just for wheels (God knows whether you pay taxes on that $1,500 or have any other financial responsibilities). But consider that unless you're real comfortable living with your parents forever -- and that makes a great impression on the chicks -- you'll need to fork out for: rent/mortgage, food, utilities, tuition, health insurance, credit card debt, etc.

Go to college. Save your money. Get a good job. Pay off your debts. Then buy a nice car.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:04 AM
sparkman

You guys really paying 7.5% apr? I got 3.49
Guess I should be thankful I married a woman with a great credit score.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:27 AM
350Zrunnin12s

Hi, I am currently 18 years old.. i will talk a bit and i know where hes comnig from.. i really dont have a concept for working everyday full time and supporting a family.. what i did do was listen to my father.. and i now have a Z with over 3k in mods so far. When i was 17 i drove nothing for 6 months + thats bc i didnt have hardly NE MONEY.. i couldnt even afford ur 9k accord.. my father does real estate.. the reason i had no money was i went partners with him in a deal... renovations/house= total of 240k 1 yr later after all said in done me puting my 17k in from working 30 hrs a week at a cvs and blockbuster that house sold for 560 and my dad made my 17k i gave him into 40k.. i still have to pay for school and insurance and and i do have a job at radio shack 20 hr weeks.. but now i have a 350z! while at 17 i had to get a ride everywhere and everyone said stfu u dont even have a car in anytime i talked about cars with them.. i laugh at them now cause i drive stuff sum of their parents can't even afford (not being mean, nothing bad intended).. by my father and I goin partners i made that amount of money faster than anyway i can think possible... very smart move for me i think.. and now i have a very nice car b/c of it. Thanks for listening me rant for 5 min.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:58 AM
tbridis

>>You guys really paying 7.5% apr? I got 3.49<<

Actually, somebody else mentioned 7.5% so I did the quick calculation using that number. I got around 5% back in September.

The average here in Va. for a 60-month loan is now 5.21% http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/auto_home.asp

So, if the kid got the 5.21% sted 7.5% he saves a whopping $31.97/month on his payment, dropping it down to $569 each month (not including sales tax and tag and any requisite property taxes he'd owe -- here in Va. for example the state collects a "car tax" every October that is a percentage of your vehicle's value).

I still say he can't afford it on the $1,500/month that his dad gives him, unless he wants to live with mom and dad.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:10 PM
straderp

Default Re: $30,000 Loan

Dude, you're not askin' us because you want us to tell you no. Hell, you already picked out the color.

You're asking our opinion because you hope we'll tell you yes and help you in your effort to rationalize your purchase plans.

My purchase of my Z wasn't rational, and I didn't try to rationalize it. I like to have nice cars, I really wanted a top-of-the-line Z, and when I found on, I bought it. Period. No rationalization, no justification, just my signature on the dotted line.

There's no point in trying to convince yourself that this is a good decision, because looking at the pure facts, it isn't. If you want the Z that badly, and you're willing to make the sacrifices that go along with owning it, then go for it. At the end of the day, it's just money...you will make more. (Although you'd make a lot more if you pursued some education, but hell, it sounds like your family business has you set up for a decent ride through life.)

My biggest hope is that you will display more maturity and respect in driving and owning the vehicle than most 18 year olds are capable of. I'd hate to hear later that you hurt a Z or yourself two months after you bought her.

Remember, she's a Z. She will thrill you, but she can also scare the **** out of you. Give her the respect she deserves.

- Just my 2 cents

P.S. As for the girlfriend....you're only 18...she may be the love of your life, but your life ain't even started yet. Don't limit your options....after all, you already decided to trade in the Accord for a Z. <wink>
Old 03-02-2004, 08:21 PM
straderp

Default Re: teenagers

Originally posted by AndyB
...you want the fastest sportiest car you can afford...

SPORTIEST??????????

Hey now! My '96 240SX was "sporty". The Z, despite its affordability, is a true sports car. <sly wink>