Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

$30,000 Loan

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Azn03Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $30,000 Loan

Is more then enough for an Enthusiast model no?

Because, today i got the answer from my dad that i can get one. Finally Its my turn hehe..

He said 23-25k loan is more then enough for the car, I will be dropping $5,000 cash for down payment just to lower my monthly payments abit.

I'm putting $30,000 just to be on the safe side, but i will have to wait to see if i'm able to get a approval on the loan under my name, though i turned 18 on sept. Not sure if i'll have enough credit for it, But i hope the manager at the bank could do it since we're just cool like that, but not sure if he's able to. But anyhow, after the approval of the loan, i'll have to wait still because she's going to be co-signing the car for me.

Because i won't have enough credit, so ...at this point she has another car that's being co-signed after her. But she will be taking that car off her name since it has been more then 6 months being under her name. It can be turned over to the owner which is my dad's cousin. After that, she can co sign for me on the Z.

I have a 1998 Accord LX that's going to be traded in for, last time i went for a appraisal they gave me $9,000 on my car. But i still owe at most $7,000 on the Accord. So i'll be getting puttin the $2,000 on the down payment. I know what you're thinking, yes i should try to sell the car my self but nah...whatever.

Another thing is that, once i get the car under my name, currently i'm under my dad's policy on the Accord. (insurance), i was wondering if i was able or somehow be under my dad's policy on my new car? The Z, being it under my name because i bought it and have the insurance under his policy? If not, i can TRY to get it under my dad's fiance's policy. I know if i do a policy myself under my name, it WILL be sky rocket high because of my age. I've never had gotten into any accidents or tickets EVER. (knock on wood)

But currently the dealership that i'm getting the Z from (http://www.sutherlinnissanftmyers.com/) don't have the car i want, should i, after all the approval and all put a some money down and order my self a 04' Enthusiast ? Or go to a near by Nissan dealership that has what i'm looking for?...

The car's are either going to be

Chrome silver
Super black
or
Silverstone

I LOVE ALL 3 COLORS!
Old 02-04-2004, 08:26 PM
oblivion112

$30,000 loan is plenty for an Enth. I also put down $5000 and took out $30,000 loan and got a Performance. good luck.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Hupperware

Do yourself a favor, kid... don't buy a car you can't afford. Go to college, drive the Accord, quit relying on your parents. Insurance before you are 25 is going to be $300/month plus a $400 payment...

Don't mean to preach, but don't become a statistic and kill your credit and finances before you can use it to buy something useful like a house. If you want something to get chicks, spend 8K and get a bike.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Azn03Z

Originally posted by Hupperware
Do yourself a favor, kid... don't buy a car you can't afford. Go to college, drive the Accord, quit relying on your parents. Insurance before you are 25 is going to be $300/month plus a $400 payment...

Don't mean to preach, but don't become a statistic and kill your credit and finances before you can use it to buy something useful like a house. If you want something to get chicks, spend 8K and get a bike.
i already have a girlfriend, no need for more chicks, i have my future planned out.

I don't want to go back to school. waste of money, don't have the desire to. I work for my dad, get pay $1,500 monthly for now, i can go full time. but dont want to at this point. I do understand what you're tryin to say to me, just like what my dad would say, but i have no desire at this point of life. If money really do become the problem after owning the z, i will go full time. I will need to anyhow over the summer. And yes, insurance at this point with the accord is roughly $2,200 yearly.

I called the agency about the quote on the Z if i switched, it'll only be a few DOLLARS more, 20? or so not quiet sure. Thanks for ur simplity.

and btw, i'm 18.

Last edited by Azn03Z; 02-04-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
EL Diablo

huh? why you asking us?
I think you can figure this one out on your own.
Good luck amigo!
Old 02-04-2004, 11:17 PM
AmyCroft

Default No way - Unless Company Buy

Originally posted by EL Diablo
huh? why you asking us?
I think you can figure this one out on your own.
Good luck amigo!
This young fellow should get a low cost car..

I don't think he would qualify...

If he get's a 350Z his family would be resonsible

Cheers Amy -
Old 02-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Azn03Z

Tired of the accord..

what more can u say, its automatic!plus working pays off :d
Old 02-05-2004, 05:15 AM
JFritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, there are always haters out there Azn. I'm 26 now, and probably wish I wouldn't have spent so much on cars, but do what you want. The Z is a great buy, and the average cost of a car is now $30K anyways. Your only young once.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:37 AM
lascala26

I got a car I couldn't afford when I was 20. Biggest mistake I ever made. My advice is save your money and get something that will allow you to save money, not spend it. That's just me, but I learned my lesson the hard way. There are plenty of good cars out there for less than 20k. Might even want to consider a used 350Z.

...and School is not a waste. School has allowed me to purchase a nice 4 bedroom house, 2003 350Z, a motor boat, a big screen TV, a dog, a few computers, so on and so fourth. I am only 30..not too shabby. Either way... it is your decision and you know what you want. I support you either way. Welcome to the family if you get it.

Last edited by lascala26; 02-05-2004 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:10 AM
ocjared

I have to agree with the "save you money" sentiment. I know $1500/mo seems like a lot of money now, but that is right at the poverty line. (Even twice that will be cutting it close, especially once you get married and have a family). Get an education and a career. Invest in your future... (and possibly some real estate, index funds, etc.) You will be happy you did.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:58 AM
marhot

Default Here we go again... *SIGH*

First, read my post of a couple days back on the same subject. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=59516

Secondly, this post is a little disingenuous. I mean do you REALLY want advice? If so, lascala26 & Hupperware have the best advice.

There is nothing wrong with an Accord as a first car. My daughter is about your age and she drives a ‘92 Civic Si which is a nice car.

I know you don’t want to hear my sermon. So to answer your question, YES a $30,000 loan will allow purchasing a well-equipped Z, either an enthusiast or performance model.

Be careful out there kid.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:29 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

If getting this car is going to put you in a financially tight or strapped situation, by all mean, avoid the purchase at this time (there is no "hating" here, only wisdom at my ripe old age of 29 ). Besides if some unforsaken thing were to happen (family emergency, non-warranty car repairs, bail yourself out of jail, et al.), you don't sound like you would have the necessary savings to cover any such situation. Always have a contingency plan when it comes to investments (and purchasing a Z whether through loan or cash is still an investment).

The insurance factor is usually the killer when buying a car of this caliber. If you stay on your dad's policy, you will probably be ok. Now on your own (as you already professed) will be too much. And this is an indicator of the financially strapped scenario. If you can easily cover your insurance (say for instance that your dad kicks you off his policy for any unforeseen reason), then you might have a viable plan ahead of yourself. It doesn't sound like you can accommodate this type of financial scenario at this time though. If you are financially tight because of the car, you won't be able to take out your lady much anymore either.

If you do it, good luck.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:56 AM
lascala26

Yobri...

Do you live in Santa Cruz?
Old 02-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Azn03Z

Ok, i called my insurance agency and they quoted me $2-$3,000 on the 350Z Full coverage

But then i called All state.

With Full Coverage as well they qouted me at $1,165 every 6month's, i know that's still too high for most of you but hey it'll go down when i become 21 and oder...=P

This is what's on the coverage

Bodily injurey $10,000 Per person
Per accident $20,000
-------------------------------------
Property damage $10,000
Uninsure Motoris $10,000
$20,000 accident
--------------------------------
personal injurey $10,000
deductible @ $500

All comes out to be $1,165 every 6 months, $194 a month. That i believe is even cheaper BY my self then with my dad. I dunno why. But yearly i would be paying $2,330. I'm good to go, thanks for your advices. But i will continue to get the 350Z

Money is not a problem as long as you're living happy.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

Thats crap coverage, and it won't get cheaper when you hit 21. Insurance only really gets cheaper when you turn 25 or you get married. Those are where the big breaks come into effect.

And to be bluntly honest, your gonna be making a huge mistake if you buy the Z. Stick with the accord, till you have alot more money built up.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:15 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by lascala26
Yobri...

Do you live in Santa Cruz?
Naw, 'bout ten or so minutes from SF in the East Bay. The pic in my sig is from our last Bay Area Z meet which ended up in Santa Cruz... 22 Z's and 1 G at the event. Our biggest yet.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Azn03Z

Called again , i can raise the property damage to $25,000 for $5 bucks more. And i can do $250 deductible for the total of $1,290 every 6 months.

Quick Reply: $30,000 Loan