Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Need Some Exhaust Guidance/Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 PM
vitaminZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Exhaust Guidance/Pricing!

i was wondering if anyone can tell me what the cheapest price for a Borla True Dual exhaust/shipped they have seen. please reply with a link or a contact number. the cheapest i have seen so far was $709/shipped from hopupracing.com. Also, still considering the Injen SES so any info on that one would also be greatly appreciated.

my thoughts on these exhausts from what i have read are: the Borla true dual exhaust doesn't produce more power than the injen (i have read it is very loud) or the stillen (too expensive and heavy) but i have read it has good enough gains and a great tone at a decent price. supposedly it is not too much louder than stock. i don't like loud AT ALL so i'm leaning towards the borla. anybody have any convincing facts on why i should go with something other than a borla. i will admit, originally i was going to get the injen SES exhaust. just how loud is it? any comparisons anyone could make that can help me get a good idea on just how loud it is. i have heard sound clips but those are so deceiving. i plan on ordering next week. thanks for any help in advance.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:00 AM
ssk0771

Check on ebay. $632.95 shipped.

Do a search "350Z Borla"

To be honest, I would recomend Nismo. $835 on ebay and its good quality, bolt on w/o clamps, and no loss of HP & TQ through out the band. Even at low RPM no HP & TQ loss where all the other exhaust lost HP & TQ on low RPM.

Also, clamps are real ***** when taking off the exhaust. I had 2 clamps on my Stillen Exhaust and when I was transfering the exhaust from my previous coupe to roadster, it was a real pain in the *** to take it off. It took 2 guy at muffer shop ove 30 min. just to unhook the area where there was a clamp. They had to heat it for long time and thats only with 2 clamps. Imagine if there was more.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by ssk0771; 04-09-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:09 AM
Sz28r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Nismo exhaust, I considered Borla and others but the quality of the Nismo is second to none. Got mine from my Nissan dealer for $825 and installed myself. Good Luck with whatever you decide and enjoy your Z, it looks awesome

Steve
Old 04-09-2004, 07:06 AM
vitaminZ

i guess i should look into the nismo a little more. i have read what you guys have stated before but i guess i wanted something that was a less expensive. i have a friend that has an acount on ebay and does a lot of business through them, i guess i need to give him a call.

Sz28r: nice town you live in but the traffic sucks. especially with all that road construction going on. i was down in the area for the 2 yankee games. saw a few Z's and G's on the on the road.