Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Tree sap Ruined my clear coat????!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 11:41 AM
TommyBoy76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tree sap Ruined my clear coat????!!

Hi everyone....Please help me if you can. I've done a search and pretty much performed all of the listed suggestions, but still nothing........
I got pine tree sap on my black Z a few months ago and after using a bug and tar remover right away, I thought I removed it all, but after checking a few days ago (before i stored it) I noticed there was still a dime sized residue or film in a couple spots. It just won't come off. I even blackfired the whole car about a month ago, thinking the spots were all gone.

I have since removed the wax, clay barred it to death, used more bug and tar remover, scalding hot water, wd40........but nothing....nothing is working. Please help me!!! The only thing I haven't tried is rubbing alcohol...but keep in mind this stuff has been on for months now. Has it ruined my clear coat????

Also....Autopia is recommending using Menzerna final polish II. Is it worth a try?????

Old 01-11-2005, 03:49 PM
IllumEstVeritas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see why not. You might have to go to a more drastic method with some type of abrasive to polish it out.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:53 PM
baby_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should try laquer thinner. However, that will leave some scratches since the product is pretty strong. You would also probably need to polish after you used the laquer thinner. If that does not work, you might need to wet sand it off. Good luck with removing it.