Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

3M Clear Bra Quote

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 02:45 PM
ScottC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 3M Clear Bra Quote

I have been quoted $550 for purchase and install of a 3M "clear bra." Is this a good quote?

Another question please: If I install and later on down the road for some reason, need to remove the bra, is it going to screw up my paint, leave the color different, etc.? I dont know why but I am real hesitent on sticking something all over the front of my car. Maybe I just dont know enough about it, and the 3M site is not that helpful.

Also, if anyone has good pictures of the finished product that would be very useful.

Thanks alot, this forum is great!
Old 11-18-2002, 04:32 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Good price" is a relative term when refering to skilled labor. Its not like buying your 27" Sony TV at Walmart instead of Sears to save a few bucks. its like a paint job, you can always find someone to paint your car cheaper, but.....

As for the film itself, it can be removed at any point in the future with no effect to the paint, and since its clear, it alows the finish to age at the same rate so there will be no difference in color. $550 is a bit on the low side for a full install, dont be afraid to ask for references and to see an install on a car they have done if possible, and dont forget to get a warranty in writing!
Old 11-18-2002, 05:54 PM
ScottC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Thank you for your help. I'm still on the fence after reading some of the "horror stories." I will definetely see the guys work before its done. Thanks again.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:14 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually your lucky since your in Austin, the best place in the country to get an Xpel kit installed is in San Antonio at the Xpel headquarters, look them up at Xpel.com, cant get better than the place that makes it. Ask for Mike, and tell him Jeremy from Invisiguard sent you, hes the best