Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Rear bumper fit woes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 11:54 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Rear bumper fit woes...

Has anyone noticed a poor fit on their rear bumper, just under the rear hatch ? My back bumper has ripples or waves to it. This waviness is very easy to see from 20+ feet away. The front bumper has a really nice fit, and I haven't found anything wrong with it. But the back is another story...it almost looks like a crappy body shop job, and hardly a fresh from factory install/fit.

It might be time to write NNA about the bumper b/c it looks bad. If I can get a good picture of it, I may post it here for others to compare to. I think 2 coats of Zaino made it really stand out, and its alot easier to spot now...

I have loads of orange peel too, but its not as obvious with the Chrome Silver. I guess thats a seperate issue, but it sounds like everyone has it.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:51 PM
sands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same dimples on my rear bumber, right above the license plate.
Old 12-01-2002, 04:53 PM
jimflash

Are you saying that your dealer refused to repair or replace it? Most dealers will be happy to accomodate you, as Nissan pays them for necessary repairs. If you haven't asked, give it a try.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:59 AM
NissanJunkie

Where do you live and what nissan Dealership?? For the time and money you put into this car, well they should be hanged for not giveing you a correct fit/Better bumber.. 350z Mafia might have to take a lil vist to this dealer
Old 12-05-2002, 11:25 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I have not brought the problem up with the dealer...I picked the car up at night from a dealership over 100 miles away and had to rush home to beat a major snowstorm. I didn't even notice the poor bumper fit until after I got home and Zaino'd the car 1 time.

Of course this is the same dealer that tried to tell me the car I was picking up was mint, meanwhile there was a big scrape on the front bumper, which I am still waiting on their paperwork to have it fixed/replaced. They are a little shady, I think...but this was my first purchase from them, and I waited too long for the Z to let it go.

I will be looking for a local Nissan dealer to make these repairs, and handle all future problems...good thing I bought the 84 month/100k mile bumper to bumper protection, it may come in handy...
Old 12-07-2002, 07:21 PM

's Avatar

Got the same dimples. No orange peel though. I can live with it though. I would be too afraid that the paint would be off and that the snow ball would get bigger going down that hill. That is why I say "let it go"
Old 12-07-2002, 07:39 PM
sands

Originally posted by dobbuster
Got the same dimples. No orange peel though. I can live with it though. I would be too afraid that the paint would be off and that the snow ball would get bigger going down that hill. That is why I say "let it go"
My thoughts exactly.