Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Zaino: Review and Thoughts (possibly redundant)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 09:12 PM
gunser

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Zaino: Review and Thoughts (possibly redundant)

I started using Zaino a little over a year ago. My wife donated her Ford Taurus (Black) for me to practice in preperation for my Z (silverstone).

The process was started on my Z as soon as I got it, and more recently on my Motorcycle (Black and chrome), as I wanted to compare it to the product I had been using.

SHINE:

I'll just say that I'm totally satisfied with the shine. I doubt there is a HUGE difference in shine between the top waxes on the market. Maybe some are more "deep" or "wet" as opposed Zaino's "crisp", "clear", or "stark", but that is subjective.

DURABILITY:

Not much needs to be said here. It's by far the most durable I've ever used. My wifes Taurus went through hell this past winter. With just a good wash, I was very pleased with how the shine held up under all that dirt and road salt.

After using a "premium" detailing kit for several years, I did the complete Zaino process on my motorcycle. There was a very noticable improvement in durability of the finish.

EASE OF APPLICATION:

The initial process can take 3+ hours which makes some people wince, but everything your doing is worth the effort. Once you get the process rolling, it is quite easy to maintain/add additional coats. Each coat comes off easier than the last. There is no residue and no dried wax to worry about in the seams or on the rubber trim. Once over the inital hump, working with Zaino is easy and rewarding.

Last week I waxed my neighbors truck with some "off the shelf" Meguires cleaner wax, and the removal was a chore. Plus, I didn't care for the "greasy" feeling and look of that type of wax.

COST:

You've probably heard that Zaino is not that much more expensive then other waxes because your "using less"..."applying it thin"...etc, and I'd have to agree with that. However, be warned! All the extra stuff that you could/should buy to go along with your Z-2 (ZFX, Z-5, Z-6, Z-7, Z-8, claybar, t-shirt) adds up really fast, and it all carries the Zaino premium price.

I can see how the product is often viewed as overpriced when you can "run down to Autozone and spend $20" twice a year and be done with it. And that may a perfectly adequate approach for some folks. This is not to say I don't think Zaino is worth the extra price. The shine, durablity, and ease of application are well worth the extra dough in my opinion.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:

Probably not the first thing you think of when choosing a wax or polish, but Sal is a very helpful guy. I had an issue with my Z-2 pro and gave them a call and got it resolved quickly.

In conclusion, the Zaino process has been the most rewarding wax/polish that I've ever worked with.

I know there has been many posts about Zaino, and hopefully my review has not been from the department of redundancy department...

Old 06-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know anything about bikes, but yours looks bad as$. Great job detailing it!
Old 06-08-2005, 04:34 AM
ken350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started using Zaino and I'm sold. For years I've been using carnuba and washing the car with dish soap. Good grief, I didn't have a clue.

Now there are times where just a rinse with the hose is enough to clean it off. Bug juice sticks a little but not much else.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:03 AM
gunser

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, I learned the hard way with my first car...dawn + old t-shirts = swirls and faded plastic.

It seems I'm getting better with every vehicle I get, and I owe most of that to info on this board, and using Zaino.

God knows what I could do if I had a garage!
Old 06-15-2005, 12:34 AM
homiusang

Nice review on this kickass product.
I don't know much about detailing and never seen how a zaino'd car looks/feels like. A friend in my class told me he had a 95 civic and uses zaino product. The first moment I saw the paint on his car i was sold. Let alone he was telling me that he probably only put the car into the garage for a total of 2 months in the 10 yrs of ownage

As soon as i got my next car, Zaino will be the only detail product being used on my car.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently joined the cult of Zano...I am more than pleased with the reasons on my black 350 TT
Old 06-17-2005, 07:33 AM
RedLeader

Ditto. After reading Bonz how-to, I realized what it takes to upgrade from a "good" detail job to a "great" detail job. I've used clay before, but only to remove overspray, etc. If you follow the steps, the results are worth it!