Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Griots products?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 09:42 AM
dcmidnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griots products?

Checked out Autopia and here as well, seems like not many folks using their products. Buddy of mine swears by them, just wondering if anyone here uses their Best in Show wax, or other polishes/waxs/washes? Most of their stuff seems pretty decent
Old 08-14-2005, 03:51 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like their interior cleaner which I've been using for almost 3 years.......reminds me, I need to order more!

Works great on our door panels & cloth seats.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:55 AM
muscleknight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Use Griots

I use Groits wax and machine polishes and I am pleased with them. I use them for simplicity. Groit's polishes have only 3 polishes - Machine 1 (most abrasive), Machine 2 and Machine 3 (least abrasive). I looked at other polishes (i.e. 3M) but I could never determine what would be best as there were so many types (i.e. swirl remover etc.) I use a Porter-Cable 7424 which I got from a local tool supply store. I first wash my entire car. I go panel by panel and first use some diluted Groit's speed shine in a spray bottle to clean each panel again. I then clay bar a section, then use Machine 3 polish followed by Griot's wax and it shines. If you have other marks etc on your car then you goto Machine 1 or 2 followed by Machine 3. I use the diluted speed shine to remove the polish and wax. I tried the wax and polish removal bonnets but I still ended up using a MF towel to remove the polish and wax. I dilute the speed shine with some water so I don't have to use as much speed shine and it works well. I usually will polish and wax the hood, front and doors one week then polish and wax the back half the next week. What I found was when I got to the back of the car, dust and dirt had already settled before I could get back there to polish and wax. I want to have the paint surface as clean as possible so I decided to split the polishing and waxing to 2 weekends as I would be washing the car again and the surface after washing is clean.